Contribute
Register

10.6.7 Native ATi 5xxx/6xxx Cards which work (and don't)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I really f'ed it up now. Was messing with it some more late last night and replaced some ATI kext and now I cant even boot back into it. It gets stuck at gray Apple load screen with the spinning wheel. Tried all modes to get into it but still nothing.
Says it couldn't load com.apple.driver.appleRTC
Says Mach-0 file is malformed: invalid magic number: Oxbebafeca

Tried to just start over with fresh instal and got this error now,
Memory allocation error: addr=0x0, size=0x8002770, file=device_inject.c, line=246
This is a nonrecoverable error! System halted!

Don't know what any of that is but I was going to post in In insulation support with both. Dont know how to start from scratch if I keep getting that error. I was at 4gb of ram as well, same stick I used to do first instal because it's under the CPU cooler.

eelhead said:
Well I really f'ed it up now. Was messing with it some more late last night and replaced some ATI kext and now I cant even boot back into it. It gets stuck at gray Apple load screen with the spinning wheel. Tried all modes to get into it but still nothing.

Memory allocation error: addr=0x0, size=0x8002770, file=device_inject.c, line=246

Don't know what any of that is but I was going to post in In insulation support with both. Dont know how to start from scratch if I keep getting that error. I was at 4gb of ram as well, same stick I used to do first instal because it's under the CPU cooler.

Try booting with -x -v -s GraphicsEnabler=No

injectx said:
eelhead said:

All At the same time? Because I did them separate except -x-s in which I got the code from.

eelhead said:
All At the same time? Because I did them separate except -x-s in which I got the code from.

Yep, all at the same time.

Just to let you guys know, the HIS Radeon 6850 does not work with GraphicsEnabler=Yes even after trying every framebuffer type outlined by injectx on page 11. These are the buffers I tried:
Code:
Pithecia 
Bulrushes 
Cattail 
Hydrilla 
Duckweed 
Fanwort 
Elodea 
Kudzu 
Gibba 
Lotus 
Ipomoea
The only way I can boot this setup is with GraphicsEnabler=No. I’m not sure why it works with the 6870 and not 6850, but if anyone finds a way to make it work, I’d love to hear it.

eelhead said:
injectx said:
eelhead said:

No go, still same error

I got it!!!!!
Holy crap forever, I didn't do Multibeast Correctly at initial set up and forgot about my user DSDT in Notshy's guide. That was throwing it all off. So I went from scratch, reformatted SSD and followed Notshy's guide then after I got it running again did injectx,s guide with Andy's fix and BAMM its all working with no issues so far!! Thank you guys very much!

I did all three tests, don't really know much about them and threw in my Graphics ID :D

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-13 at 6.42.29 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-04-13 at 6.42.29 PM.png
    452.4 KB · Views: 237
eelhead said:
I got it!!!!!
Holy crap forever, I didn't do Multibeast Correctly at initial set up and forgot about my user DSDT in Notshy's guide. That was throwing it all off. So I went from scratch, reformatted SSD and followed Notshy's guide then after I got it running again did injectx,s guide with Andy's fix and BAMM its all working with no issues so far!! Thank you guys very much!

I did all three tests, don't really know much about them and threw in my Graphics ID :D

Sounds like youcard is running pretty well. I'm still tying to get my 6850 working properly and im thinking about returning it for a 6870 since it sounds people are having better luck with them. by ant chance have you tried running dvd player or any full screen opengl games? My biggest problem is that i need Steam games to work.

DvD did work but I didn't check out steam. If I get my front IO cable today I can run it all and let you know. I have the whole system tore down again to clean up the rear IO ports on my G5 case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back