Contribute
Register

10.6.7 Native ATi 5xxx/6xxx Cards which work (and don't)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jryan727 said:
indoh2ojml said:
Hey jryan727,

I got the exact same card as you, but I was a bit hesitant after reading some posts about this graphics card before reading your post. Thanks for posting this.

Just wondering, are all your ports functional? I am planning on triple displaying my hackintosh from both DVI ports and HDMI port when all is said and done. Thanks!

Hey,

Well, don't get too excited just yet ;), looks like I can't get a framebuffer loaded (so DVD player, Steam games, and some other applications don't work just yet). I'm still working on it. Other than that, everything works.

I'm not sure about the HDMI port and don't have any way to test it. I did see other people confirming that all ports worked, but I'm not positive about that, having never tested it myself. I can confirm that both miniDP ports work, as well as at least one DVI port, but I never had three in use at one time. I had miniDP+DVI at one point, and now miniDP+miniDP. I'm swamped right now, but I'll try to test the other two DVI ports later or tomorrow for ya. I won't be able to test HDMI, though.

Good luck!
You probably will not get both DVI ports working, as people have reported that both do not work at same time. Unless somebody did an edit somewhere but I haven't sen it yet.

To get triple monitors you will need both mini-display ports and on mine, the lower DVI port.

I am unsure of HDMI for me as I cannot test it, don't have the equipment to do it.

IF you use adapters for the mini display ports you need to use the active ones and best from Apple even know they are a tad more they will work with out messing up.

I know there is a thread with all of this on here but I have been unable to find it.
And this was with a Gigabyte and Sapphire 6870 I do not know about XFX.

Hi guys, I have a Sapphire 6870 1GB 11179-09-41G which has DVI + DVI + HDMI + DisplayPort for it's connectors. Can I get this to work with OSX? I tried booting it with iBoot and it just keeps on restarting after reading the CD....Any suggestions?

try typing -v GraphicsEnabler=No on the boot screen, before you press enter to boot the install DVD, and later when you boot for the first time.
Once it is installed you may need a HDMI cable to see the screen.

Hi freinds.... I have bought i7-2600k and Gigabyte Mbo Z68xp-UD3R, 8 gb 1600 mhz Ram, HIS Ati radeon Hd 6870 Graphics Card, corsair carbide 400r case, 500gb Hitachi 3gb/ps HDD, Cooler master 700 wat PSU, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo heatsink, sony Dvd writer, 2x Samsung B2230 LCD Monitors. All the configuatration is according to Tonymac Customac Build.
But I Have a problem while I'm going to install mac os with iboot legacy cd, it works fine till iboot screen. When i insert my Mac Retail DVD inside and press F5 and hit enter on mac retail dvd then my monitor goes black and my Graphics card's fan speed goes high. I used -v -s -x, graphicsenabler=no etc. but the thing is same everytime. I dont know wat to do. Can Anybody help me on this issue??
I was lucky that I have my old Hackintosh running with Ati 5770, i used my 5770 card to install Mac Os on my new i7-2600k configuration. After install Lion 10.7 i just replace my new 6870 and this I was stuck at apple boot screen and the Msg appears that hold downthe power button to restart your computer. But after restart i just typed GraphicsEnabler=No then it worked for me. Now everytime I have to do same GraphicsEnabler=No.
One other problem is that I cant use my dual displays on it. When I connect my both Displays via Dvi port the main display goes off(sleep). The. Second one shows up but i cant access anyting even cant shut down pc via shortcuts. I really need some help to fix this issue. Please help me out from this problem.
Any help would be appreciated. Thanx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back