Contribute
Register

10.6.7 Native ATi 5xxx/6xxx Cards which work (and don't)

Status
Not open for further replies.
damndoe said:
Brand=Sapphire
Model=HD 5850 XTREME 1GB DDR5 PCI-E HDMI/DVI/DP (also marketed as HD 5850 EXTREME)
Device ID=0x6899
Multibeast=3.4 (MultiBeast 3.4, checked ATI Drivers, DSDTed, Graphics Enabler = No, see viewtopic.php?p=114012#p114012 for details)
MacOS=10.6.7 (64Bit)
Reported by=damdoe
Working/Tested: HDMI, DVD Player, Gamma Control, Starcraft 2 Demo @ Ultra Fullscreen, CINEBENCH, QE/CI, System Sleep, Display Sleep

report your cinebech, nice :p

Hi there, i didnt notice i,d posted my vga here already, so now i have got two entries on 1st post. Please delete one of them.

jpa said:
your cinebech points? novabech

Brand=HIS
Model=HD 6870 H687F1G2M
Device ID=0x6738
Multibeast=Not using
MacOS=10.6.7
Reported by=haysoos123

Cinebench: 22.84 fps
Novabench: 1548

64-bit kernel, GraphicEnabler=yes

Keep in mind the CPU is fairly old: Core2Quad Q9300 running stock at 2.5 GHz on a EP35-DS3R. Patched DSDT, sleepenabler for sleep, MBP 10.6.7 driver kexts, but otherwise vanilla. Games generally run fine in real-world usage, but I dual boot into Windows 7 64-bit for that mostly.

I have updated the template for submitting cards to the list to reflect new developments. I have also given each entry a list number. If you want to update a submission you have already made please let me know its an UPDATE and quote the List Number.

Thanks for all the reports

Brand=Sapphire
Model=HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 PCIE
Device ID=0x6738
Multibeast=3.4.0
Method= notshy
Framebuffer=Duckweed
MacOS=10.6.7
Reported by=professor

cinebench 32.55, geekbench:11116 (scores with cpu at 3.8Ghz)

GE=No, 64bit, DSDT gigabyte X58A-UD3R FF rev 2.0 according to notshy guide (thank you!) attached below, nullcpumanagement default

I face some problems while testing/playing Anomaly Warzone Earth too high brightness, confused graphics, playable only at low graphics preset (steam game) but no problem while playing angry birds, warzone.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    20.4 KB · Views: 91
professor said:
I face some problems while testing/playing Anomaly Warzone Earth too high brightness, confused graphics, playable only at low graphics preset (steam game) but no problem while playing angry birds, warzone.

Do I quote you right that setting the game to lowest settings removes the brightness problem "mostly" like described here: viewtopic.php?p=114473#p114473?

Is Anomaly Warzone a Source-Engine-based game, I tried to google it yet could not find info. Does it have menus similar to Halflife-2, Team Fortress 2, Counterstirke:Source?

injectx said:
the_gael said:
glad you have some success :thumbup:

Yep, very glad indeed :) That's another thing about a Hackintosh vs. a real Mac. It's just way more puzzling to get everything working well. Kinda like that to be honest..

Anyways, just played Left4Dead 2 using Steam, everything worked well, very well. All video settings to the highest level, very smooth.

To get this working, this is most probably what you gotta do:

1. In MultiBeast, install: ATI 1.6.32.12 Drivers
2. Download Andy's ATI fix here and install.
3. In Finder, go to /Extra > com.apple.Boot.plist and make sure you have the following lines:
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=x86_64</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
	<string>Duckweed</string>
NOTE: Duckweed is currently the framebuffer with the highest success rate but if it doesn't work as expected, you should try the other known framebuffers and post which framebuffer works best for your card, i'll edit the list below.

Framebuffers:
Code:
Pithecia 
Bulrushes 
Cattail 
Hydrilla 
Duckweed 
Fanwort 
Elodea 
Kudzu 
Gibba 
Lotus 
Ipomoea

Currently reported working framebuffers:
- Sapphire 6870 framebuffer: Duckweed (by: injectx)
- XFX 6870 framebuffer: Duckweed (by: Div)

4. Insert Andy's Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r750 by downloading this file and replace it with the boot file in the root of your harddrive.
This step is OPTIONAL, use if Andy's package didn't install correctly.

5. Reboot + fingers crossed.
Using this method gave me a pic! BUT, now all my other usb's are not working.. any word on that?

damndoe said:
professor said:

Do I quote you right that setting the game to lowest settings removes the brightness problem "mostly" like described here: viewtopic.php?p=114473#p114473?

Is Anomaly Warzone a Source-Engine-based game, I tried to google it yet could not find info. Does it have menus similar to Halflife-2, Team Fortress 2, Counterstirke:Source?
Thank you for the answer and quote.

Couldnt find a similar console way to turn off blur neither way to fix it ( i think menus arent the same cause no option is available for blur or console key bind).
I agree with you thats a driver's problem, cause i ve read a review for this game on a 13" macbook air.

Successful with Ati HD 5670 512MB GDDR5 on 10.6.7.Full resolution on primary display(dvi,1400x900),full resolution on secondary display(hdmi tv 32" FullHD1920x1080p).
GraphicsEnabler=No.Played Call of Duty 4 at full resolution and texture for several hours,Windows like:).Mkv files 1920x1080 played perfectly with MPlayerX,nothing else installed.Created a 1920x1080p slideshow mp4 video with iPhoto,fast and easy!Of course,transparency and all other visual effects working 100%.
It's an Ati Saphire HD 5670 512MB GDDR5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back