Contribute
Register

10.6.7 Native ATi 5xxx/6xxx Cards which work (and don't)

Status
Not open for further replies.
professor said:
damndoe said:
professor said:
I face some problems while testing/playing Anomaly Warzone Earth too high brightness, confused graphics, playable only at low graphics preset (steam game) but no problem while playing angry birds, warzone.

Do I quote you right that setting the game to lowest settings removes the brightness problem "mostly" like described here: viewtopic.php?p=114473#p114473?

Is Anomaly Warzone a Source-Engine-based game, I tried to google it yet could not find info. Does it have menus similar to Halflife-2, Team Fortress 2, Counterstirke:Source?
Thank you for the answer and quote.

Couldnt find a similar console way to turn off blur neither way to fix it ( i think menus arent the same cause no option is available for blur or console key bind).
I agree with you thats a driver's problem, cause i ve read a review for this game on a 13" macbook air.

ok downloaded the demo as well, same problem :(

I got it working with Duckweed framebuffer, however it's not working intentional! While my screen is connected with DVI connecter there is nothing on my screen. Then here's the kicker: When i put my tv into the HDMI (While still connected in DVI with my computer screen) THERE comes the picture on my computer screen. however the resolution is 1280x768 or something. and whenever i plug out some of the cables it's disconnecting the other screen too!

If anyone can give me advices please do so!

Thanks!! works for me with Duckweed
XFX HD 6870 1GB
model: HD687AZNFC
ID: 0x6738

Dude,

Thanks a ton for this - worked like a charm (where dsdt edit would not:( )

injectx said:
the_gael said:
glad you have some success :thumbup:

Yep, very glad indeed :) That's another thing about a Hackintosh vs. a real Mac. It's just way more puzzling to get everything working well. Kinda like that to be honest..

Anyways, just played Left4Dead 2 using Steam, everything worked well, very well. All video settings to the highest level, very smooth.

To get this working, this is most probably what you gotta do:

1. In MultiBeast, install: ATI 1.6.32.12 Drivers
  2. Download Andy's ATI fix here and install.
  3. In Finder, go to /Extra > com.apple.Boot.plist and make sure you have the following lines:
Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
    <string>arch=x86_64</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
    <string>Yes</string>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
    <string>Duckweed</string>
NOTE: Duckweed is currently the framebuffer with the highest success rate but if it doesn't work as expected, you should try the other known framebuffers and post which framebuffer works best for your card, i'll edit the list below.

Framebuffers:
Code:
Pithecia
Bulrushes
Cattail
Hydrilla
Duckweed
Fanwort
Elodea
Kudzu
Gibba
Lotus
Ipomoea

Currently reported working framebuffers:
  • Sapphire 6870 framebuffer: Duckweed (by: injectx)
  • XFX 6870 framebuffer: Duckweed (by: Div)

4. Insert Andy's Chameleon 2.0 RC5 r750 by downloading this file and replace it with the boot file in the root of your harddrive.
This step is OPTIONAL, use if Andy's package didn't install correctly.

5. Reboot + fingers crossed.

When I try to run "ATI Package.pkg" after some second of installation, the package says "Installation Failed". WHY?

freituk said:
x64 said:
Adding to the SUCCESS list:

Brand=ASUS
Model=EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5
Device ID=0x6738
Multibeast=3.4
MacOS=10.6.7
Reported by=x64

64-bit kernel with GraphicsEnabler=no

ca you share your cinebench point pls ?

This way works for me too but i have two monitors and I get only one recognized. If someone could help me I'll really appreciate :) thanks!

vincenzo said:
This way works for me too but i have two monitors and I get only one recognized. If someone could help me I'll really appreciate :) thanks!

The framebuffer and driver support need to be fixed for the second dvi port to work. For now, get a displayport->DVI cable from monoprice for $8 to drive the second monitor. Works for me. I'm assuming you're trying to use the DVI ports.

WinsOrdep said:
Thanks!! works for me with Duckweed
XFX HD 6870 1GB
model: HD687AZNFC
ID: 0x6738

WinsOrdep welcome to the forum, I see this is your first post. Could you please fill in as much as possible of the template from the first page of the topic if you want your submission entered on the list.

I am pasting it in here as well

thanks

Brand=
Model=
Device ID=
Multibeast=
Method= (notshy or Andy boot file)
Framebuffer=
MacOS=
Reported by=

Hello,

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!

My first hackintosh is made.
H55M-UD2H
SAPPHIRE RADEON HD 5770 Flex edition

I have issues with the system.
I can install everything but have random freez of the os.
The mouse will be ok I can move it but system won't respond.

Do you have any idea how to make my system ok and stable ?
I am lost.

webcut said:
Hello,

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!

My first hackintosh is made.
H55M-UD2H
SAPPHIRE RADEON HD 5770 Flex edition

I have issues with the system.
I can install everything but have random freez of the os.
The mouse will be ok I can move it but system won't respond.

Do you have any idea how to make my system ok and stable ?
I am lost.

First of all welcome to the forum! I would suggest that the best place to start would be to post this in the Installation Support section of the forum. Or if Tony or someone else can move this post there :D

Once in there I am sure you will get help.

1. Find a Thread that is about your Motherboard and/or Chipset (H55).

2. If you have everything but QE/CI (Quartz Extreme/Core Image), 3D Fullscreen Graphics etc. working then check this thread for your Graphics card, find the guy who got the same, PM him AND search the forum for Notshy's ATI Guide etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back