Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Just got around to updating to Catalina 10.15.6 with a clean install using the main guide. System boots fine with one monitor (HDMI or DVI) attached. If I boot with HDMI then plug in the DVI monitor, everything behaves. If I boot with both connected, I get a Kernel Panic. If I boot with DVI, then connect HDMI after boot, I get a kernel panic.

Hardware:
  • Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5 GHz Quad-Core
  • Gigabyte GA-Z97MX-Gaming 5 Micro ATX LGA1150
  • Onboard HD4600 Graphics

Installed kexts
  • AppleALC
  • Lilu
  • Whatevergreen
  • VirtualSMC
  • VoodooHDA (Couldn't get audio to work with just AALC+Lilu)
  • AHCI_Intel_Generic_SATA
  • AtherosE2200
  • FakePCIID
  • NullCPUPowerManagement
I've tried patching a few things with Hackintool to no avail.
System Info.png
Hackintool Patches.png

I'll try and get a picture of the kernel panic in -v mode. (Attached below)

Hopefully this is all the info needed, I've spent all day on this, going to bed shortly but any ideas or direction would be appreciated.

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.9 KB · Views: 71
  • KP1.jpg
    KP1.jpg
    381.1 KB · Views: 66
  • KP2.jpg
    KP2.jpg
    543.9 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Please read and comply with the rules, in particular the one regarding profiles.
Link to profile - Just three items - Motherboard (or prebuilt system), Processor (CPU) and Graphics.

Added hardware to profile. Sorry thought it was enough that it was in the post.

did you find a solution already? I have the same issue With my hd4600.
Sadly I did not, Ive just been booting with 1 monitor, then plug in the second once it’s booted. If I boot with my HDMI monitor then plug in my DVI monitor, it works fine. If I boot with DVI then plug in HDMI it crashes.

Same here, but that’s not the most comfortable solution :mrgreen:
maybe time to get some cheap graphics card
Agreed. I was first going to wait for the release of Big Sur and update via OpenCore since that seems to be the future and see if that fixes the issue. After that I’ll look at upgrading hardware.

@Sheepyshoe your issue with the Intel iGPU and multi monitor at boot is probably related to the Device Properties you are injecting. Are you sure the 'Framebuffer-conX-type' details you have added to your config.plist are correct for your HD4600? As I think you may be incorrectly setting the connector types.

Then when you boot the system with the 2nd monitor connected it kernel panics, because the display connector is not what is expected from the information you provided. Same goes for when you add the HDMI connection after you booted with the DVI connection.

The Framebuffer you are using in your config - 0x0A26000A (0A00260A) has the following attributes:

Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 23.04.43.png
1 x LDVS and 2 x DisplayPort connectors.

You might be better off using this alternative AZUL framebuffer - 0x0A260000 (0000260A)which has the following attributes:

Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 23.05.32.png

This framebuffer has a Digital DVI and a HDMI connector, so it is more likely to match with your motherboard graphics ports. The downside of using this framebuffer is that it only provides 1024MB of VRAM. Your current framebuffer with the LDVS and DP connectors plus a few others in the Azul framebuffer list allow for 1536MB of VRAM.

Also you do not need NullPowerManagement.kext in your /CLOVER/kexts/Other folder. Simply enable the PluginType=true in your config for the correct Power Management for your Haswell CPU.

The reason you couldn't get audio to work with Lilu.kext + AppleALC.kext is because you were injecting the Audio Layout ID=0. If this is changed to Layout ID=1 then the two kexts will work and you can delete VoodooHDA.kext.

The Device Properties entered in the config.plist>Device>Properties section for you Audio overwrites the entries you have in the DeviceP Properties> Audio section.

Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 23.21.51.png
As shown in the screenshot above.

You do not need FakePCID.kext in your Clover/kexts/Other folder. This kext does nothing on its own. It is a bit like Lilu.kext it has a number of dependencies (other kexts) that actually provide the changes. It can be deleted.

I have a number of Haswell systems and have taken the liberty of providing a revised/edited config.plist for you to try. See if this helps.

I have assumed you will delete the VoodooHDA.kext, FakePCID.kext and NullPowerManagement.kext and that you have previously configured your USB ports with an SSDT-UIAC.aml.

Attachments

• config-sheepyshoe.plist.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 57
Then when you boot the system with the 2nd monitor connected it kernel panics, because the display connector is not what is expected from the information you provided. Same goes for when you add the HDMI connection after you booted with the DVI connection.

Thank you for taking the time to reply with a potential fix. Using your config i removed the unnecessary kexts and fixed my audio with AppleALC. Unfortunately the graphics settings didn't help and actually made it so i could not plug the second monitor in without a crash. I must have made a change since i posted this because I'm currently using '0D220003' which is the one for desktop HD4600. Going off what you said about attributes and what ports they have, I believe i tried remapping them using Hackintool, but I'm guessing I didn't do it properly and/or it didn't fix the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back