Contribute
Register

[10.15.5]Umang's KabyLake Build: i7 7700K, 32GB RAM, MSI OC Vega56, 1TB NVMe silicon power p34a80 + 1TB HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok that's working now, i had to enable all kernel cpu patch clover.

I'm now installing :)

Thanks again
Hii glad to hear that you got it working. Attach your efi folder so that can help to sort out errors. Also mention your GPU .

I have faced Sleep wake issue after upgrading to High sierra so here is how to get it working again.
Sometimes update or upgrade process will mess up with your power settings so if anyone is facing similar issue then only thing to do is set pmset values manually as i have mentioned below.

sudo pmset -a autopoweroff 0
sudo pmset -a standby 0

just for your information hackintosh PC does not support Hibernate at all so it is better to disable it. also modify rest to which i have mentioned. or these (this is pmset values from my PC at the moment):
AC Power:
System Sleep Timer (Minutes): 1
Disk Sleep Timer (Minutes): 0
Display Sleep Timer (Minutes): 10
Sleep on Power Button: Yes
Automatic Restart on Power Loss: No
Wake on LAN: No
AutoPowerOff Delay: 28800
AutoPowerOff Enabled: 0
Current Power Source: Yes
DarkWakeBackgroundTasks: 0
GPUSwitch: 2
Hibernate Mode: 0
PrioritizeNetworkReachabilityOverSleep: 0
Standby Delay: 10800
Standby Enabled: 0

Hello i've got also a sleep issue.

After several hours, it crashs during a dark resume, then reboot. Only after several hours, like it was in a deeper sleep.

I'm trying right now this new parameters, hoping that's the solution ;)

Happy new year BTW

Hello i've got also a sleep issue.

After several hours, it crashs during a dark resume, then reboot. Only after several hours, like it was in a deeper sleep.

I'm trying right now this new parameters, hoping that's the solution ;)

Happy new year BTW
Happy New year

Umang's KabyLake Build:
I7 7700k, 16GB RAM, GTX1080, 250GB EVO SSD + 1TB HDD

View attachment 292306

Hi,

Firstly sorry because I am a bit noob on this. I just received my recently bought computer. Specs are almost like yours:
  • Gigabyte Z270X ULTRA GAMING Motherboard
  • Intel i7-7700K CPU
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2400 16GB 4x4 CL14
  • SAMSUNG 960 NVME 250GB PCIe
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 3GB
I firstly tried the latest Tonymacx method (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/) using UniBeast. As soon as I enter Clover and press on Install Mac OS High Sierra, I get stuck on ACPI Error. See image attached.

I started looking for a solution to that, with no luck at all. Then I found your SUPER post with almost the same components. I tried to follow but I get lost in some points. I don't know how to edit the config.plist correctly so I am using the Cloud Editor I found. I just tried everything with no luck.

Please help me!

Is there any possibility you upload your config.plist, which is the only thing I guess I am missing? (I already have latest version of Clover, latest version available of High Sierra and the kexts you uploaded. I also have the DSDT but I don't really know where do I need to place them)

Thank you very very much in advance.

Jonatan.

Attachments

• IMG_0810.JPG
    IMG_0810.JPG
    177.3 KB · Views: 106
Hi,

Firstly sorry because I am a bit noob on this. I just received my recently bought computer. Specs are almost like yours:
  • Gigabyte Z270X ULTRA GAMING Motherboard
  • Intel i7-7700K CPU
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 2400 16GB 4x4 CL14
  • SAMSUNG 960 NVME 250GB PCIe
  • Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1060 G1 3GB
I firstly tried the latest Tonymacx method (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.235474/) using UniBeast. As soon as I enter Clover and press on Install Mac OS High Sierra, I get stuck on ACPI Error. See image attached.

I started looking for a solution to that, with no luck at all. Then I found your SUPER post with almost the same components. I tried to follow but I get lost in some points. I don't know how to edit the config.plist correctly so I am using the Cloud Editor I found. I just tried everything with no luck.

Please help me!

Is there any possibility you upload your config.plist, which is the only thing I guess I am missing? (I already have latest version of Clover, latest version available of High Sierra and the kexts you uploaded. I also have the DSDT but I don't really know where do I need to place them)

Thank you very very much in advance.

Jonatan.
Hi , Attach your efi folder here as i need to look into kexts and config.plist also i have attached my config.plist .config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    10.5 KB · Views: 451
I attached a zip with my whole EFI folder.

I have to say I made it to work, main issue was using an USB 3.0 to install (noob fail). I finished installation and updated to 10.13.3.
Everything is working fine except some things that are annoying me so much:
  1. USB ports which are randomly not working making me have to detach and attach usb in another port to use keyboard or mouse or whatever.
  2. Laggy UI. Scrolling chrome, moving among windows, final cut projects... It is laggy and sometimes freezes and recover after 20-30 secs.
  3. RAM detected is 2133Mhz instead of 2400Mhz.
  4. Very slow boot. I attached the latest screen I get in verbose mode before launching the UI.
Many Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    30.9 MB · Views: 99
  • System info.png
    System info.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 91
  • slow_booting.JPG
    slow_booting.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
I attached a zip with my whole EFI folder.

I have to say I made it to work, main issue was using an USB 3.0 to install (noob fail). I finished installation and updated to 10.13.3.
Everything is working fine except some things that are annoying me so much:
  1. USB ports which are randomly not working making me have to detach and attach usb in another port to use keyboard or mouse or whatever.
  2. Laggy UI. Scrolling chrome, moving among windows, final cut projects... It is laggy and sometimes freezes and recover after 20-30 secs.
  3. RAM detected is 2133Mhz instead of 2400Mhz.
  4. Very slow boot. I attached the latest screen I get in verbose mode before launching the UI.
Many Thanks in advance.
You need to use SSDT for USB ports. As I have mentioned in the guide.

Today I am looking at An iDiot's Guide To Lilu and its Plug-ins. Untill today I have placed lilu,whatevergreen and appleALC kexts in Clover/kext/other/ folder. But as this guide suggests I install all 3 kexts to /L/E/ using KextBeast, and then rebuild cache and restarted the system. When I looked at kextstate, then I found that whatevergreen and appleALC are not loaded as I have also lost sound.

I have tried it again and still same result then I removed both kexts from /L/E/ and placed it in Clover, and after restart everything is fine. I have even checked in intel FBPatcher app, and it also shows that all kexts are loading properly if I place it in Clover, but, If I install them in /Library/Extensions/ then these two kexts are not loading.

Anyone have clue what's wrong here.

Anyone have clue what's wrong here.
It is probably related to your Inject Kexts setting in config.plist - System Parameters.
If you have installed kexts (including FakeSMC.kext) to /Library/Extensions then Inject Kexts should be set to Detect.
If you are injecting kexts from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other then Inject Kexts should be set to Yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back