CPU
i7-7700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
My setup had previously NOT required WhateverGreen (including with plain 10.15), but with 10.15.1 it now does. Without it, the system would boot up and the monitors would be black, but powered on. They'd eventually go into powersaving mode, and would wake up once more if you moved the mouse, but still be black. So if you have a similar setup that previously didn't need WhateverGreen and encounter this, you may need to add (as opposed to upgrade) it.

As others noted the download speed is a bit slow. I noted this on my Macbook Air as well.

My setup had previously NOT required WhateverGreen (including with plain 10.15), but with 10.15.1 it now does. Without it, the system would boot up and the monitors would be black, but powered on. They'd eventually go into powersaving mode, and would wake up once more if you moved the mouse, but still be black. So if you have a similar setup that previously didn't need WhateverGreen and encounter this, you may need to add (as opposed to upgrade) it.

As others noted the download speed is a bit slow. I noted this on my Macbook Air as well.
I have the same problem. Black screen but video signal active.
How can I install WEG if I cant see anything? I Tried to start in safe mode ( -x in Clover or -v-x) but Nothing changed
I tried to build an installation USB pen drive adding lilu and whatevergreen kext in efi/clover/kext/other directory and At the splash screen select to boot from my internal drive instead of the installation USB disk but the system reboot in loop.
Can you help me please ? Thanks

How can I install WEG if I cant see anything? I Tried to start in safe mode ( -x in Clover or -v-x) but Nothing changed
I tried to build an installation USB pen drive adding lilu and whatevergreen kext in efi/clover/kext/other directory and At the splash screen select to boot from my internal drive instead of the installation USB disk but the system reboot in loop.

Have you tried the " agdpmod=pikera" command-line switch? At the Clover menu either press spacebar to add, or navigate to the Options menu and add it there.

Can you help me please ? Thanks.

Use the recovery mode and at the “MacOS Utilities” screen, pull down the “Utilities” menu from the top of the screen.

If you don't have recovery partition create a bootable OSX usb drive.

1- The kexts in your /System/Library/Extensions

Run this commands:

mount - uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
rm -rf yourkext.kext
sudo rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/*
shutdown -r now

(replace the "yourkext" which you want to delete)

2- The kexts in your /Library/Extensions

mount - uw /
cd /Library/Extensions
rm -rf yourkext.kext
shutdown -r now

3- The kexts in the EFI partition:

Run this commands:

diskutil list

find the volume identifier of the EFI partition on the list

mkdir /Volumes/efi

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi

(replace the "disk0s1" to your EFI partition identifier)

cd /Volumes/efi/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

replace the "Other" if you used another directory.

rm -rf yourkext.kext
shutdown -r now

and then try to boot on safe mode again, good luck!

Attachments

• access-terminal-from-recovery-mode-mac.jpg
    access-terminal-from-recovery-mode-mac.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 74
Have you tried the " agdpmod=pikera" command-line switch? At the Clover menu either press spacebar to add, or navigate to the Options menu and add it there.
Just tried it but unfortunaltely it doesnt work. Thanks

Use the recovery mode and at the “MacOS Utilities” screen, pull down the “Utilities” menu from the top of the screen.

If you don't have recovery partition create a bootable OSX usb drive.

1- The kexts in your /System/Library/Extensions

Run this commands:

mount - uw /
cd /System/Library/Extensions
rm -rf yourkext.kext
shutdown -r now

(replace the "yourkext" which you want to delete)

2- The kexts in your /Library/Extensions

mount - uw /
cd /Library/Extensions
rm -rf yourkext.kext
shutdown -r now

3- The kexts in the EFI partition:

Run this commands:

diskutil list

find the volume identifier of the EFI partition on the list

mkdir /Volumes/efi

sudo mount -t msdos /dev/disk0s1 /Volumes/efi

(replace the "disk0s1" to your EFI partition identifier)

cd /Volumes/efi/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other

replace the "Other" if you used another directory.

rm -rf yourkext.kext
shutdown -r now

and then try to boot on safe mode again, good luck!
I tried also your walkthru but i havent before installerò weg ond the only kext unisex was fakesmc
To bypass this empasse i choosed the integrated intel video as main card. I can boot in safe mode then. I tried to use hackintool app to install lilu and weg and switch back to my 580 but again it doesnt work

with your usb stick try this:
put agdpmode=pikera -no_compat_check slide=0

I hope you get lucky with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back