Contribute
Register

10.14.4 Update - which kext is broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
14,2 doesn't work either. :(

Interesting... I hooked up an HDMI cable (monitor has several source inputs), and when I switch to it, I get "static screen" blipping in/out...

Well, I'm getting somewhere - having the dual input gets me a dune ridge on the screen on the HDMI channel! At least that's something! I don't have anything else yet - no menu bar, no icons, nada... but this must be progress, right? Lots of electronic noises over HDMI channel though, but can deal with that for now.

I disabled all the sensor kexts and XHCI-200-series-injector to get to this point. Do I need the XHCI injector kext?

Well, I'm getting somewhere - having the dual input gets me a dune ridge on the screen on the HDMI channel! At least that's something! I don't have anything else yet - no menu bar, no icons, nada... but this must be progress, right? Lots of electronic noises over HDMI channel though, but can deal with that for now.

I disabled all the sensor kexts and XHCI-200-series-injector to get to this point. Do I need the XHCI injector kext?

No, I don't think the XHCI injector is needed.

Try with just one monitor connected and try different HDMI ports and/or cables if you have them. It sounds like it's booted and the issue is between the display and computer.

I have the desktop back!!!! OMG!!! I switched back over to the DP side of the monitor and there it is!!! :D

I have the desktop back!!!! OMG!!! I switched back over to the DP side of the monitor and there it is!!! :D

Fix your IGPU configuration in config.plist. Don't use any ig-platform-id or device-id injections for IGPU, just let macOS detect it.

All those values are indeed empty. That's been that way since you and I were trying to get hardware acceleration working.

All those values are indeed empty. That's been that way since you and I were trying to get hardware acceleration working.

Also check config.plist > Devices > Properties to make sure you are not injecting from there.

Nothing there either. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back