Contribute
Register

10.14.4 Update - which kext is broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.
examining the verbose output after the above yielded a loop on trying to get iGfx information. So, I disabled the onboard graphics in BIOS, restarted, entered verbose mode, and ended up in another loop - though the monitor has "no input" so I can't see at all what the system may or may not be doing.

Its all down to the graphics...

WhateverGreen should not be an issue. A lot of people use it fine with 10.14.4. Just make sure that you have the latest version along with Lilu.kext and AppleALC.kext.

Vega 64 should not be an issue. The Vega cards don't need any "configuring" in config.plist and should work OOB.

No monitor should be connected to the IGPU (motherboard video outputs) if you have a dGPU installed. Monitors should only be connected to dGPU.

Does this screenshot help diagnose the issue?

D8AB4A95-EE9E-4FCF-A3BF-EF21C930889B.png

I have latest versions of Lilu, WG, and AALC present. Monitor is only plugged into dGPU. IGPU is enabled in bios (though it doesn’t matter - same result either way).

Does this screenshot help diagnose the issue?

View attachment 397574

I have latest versions of Lilu, WG, and AALC present. Monitor is only plugged into dGPU. IGPU is enabled in bios (though it doesn’t matter - same result either way).

Please try with IGPU disabled in BIOS and post picture of verbose where it gets stuck.

Here ‘tis...

0556E18B-05D9-405C-896A-4A531C64E2BD.png

After that, system reboots.

Here ‘tis...

View attachment 397578

After that, system reboots.

The gioscreenlockstate 3 is gone. So we go around that part.

Not sure why it's restarting... I see it complain about Radeon sensors and USB but I don't think those would cause a restart... Are you using one of the "proper" USB fixes? Can you disable the FakeSMC sensors?

I had long ago implemented the USB port limit patch a la Rehabman I have not removed it.

All sensor kexts disabled:

BB97D53E-E771-47B4-A79A-B74552FE5452.png

gIOLockscreen is about midway on the screen.

I had long ago implemented the USB port limit patch a la Rehabman I have not removed it.

All sensor kexts disabled:

View attachment 397584

gIOLockscreen is about midway on the screen.

I'm assuming this is with IGPU enabled in BIOS. I suggest leaving it disabled until you can get to desktop where you can make changes to your EFI to address IGPU.

You can also try using iMac14,2 system definition to see if it can complete the boot process.

I need to issue a correction - the system isn't restarting, but is entering some sort of phase where the screen alternates between seeming to receive a signal, but then displaying a "no signal" box onscreen. The drive light is active - no idea what it is doing of course.

iGPU has been disabled.

I'll try the 14,2 sysdef.

I need to issue a correction - the system isn't restarting, but is entering some sort of phase where the screen alternates between seeming to receive a signal, but then displaying a "no signal" box onscreen. The drive light is active - no idea what it is doing of course.

Ah. That's very different... The system might be booting correctly but not displaying anything on the screen. When this happens, try disconnecting and reconnecting the monitor cable and/or try a different type of connection, i.e. HDMI instead of DisplayPort or vice versa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back