i7-7700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings!

In the process of updating to 10.14.4 a kext appears to have broken the final boot.

Anyone know which one is responsible? Screenshot of verbose output attached.

Also, I do have AptioMemoryFix.efi in drivers64efi, so I don’t believe that AptioMemoryFix-64.efi is needed, but I could be wrong.

Thanks!

Jon

44A48DF9-078F-4F2F-B9E7-9BEDE998C4EE.png

The clue is at the bottom of your screen:
"IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3...."

Can you update/install WhateverGreen.kext and Lilu.kext as this may solve the issue.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/macos-10-14-4-update.274017/#post-1929383

Also, I do have AptioMemoryFix.efi in drivers64efi, so I don’t believe that AptioMemoryFix-64.efi is needed, but I could be wrong.

AptioMemoryFix.efi is the newest version - you don't want two different versions, so delete any other Memory fix versions.

I figured it was graphics related, but discounted it due to having updated those before the update.

I will download fresh copies in the AM and try again.

The Aptio explanation had more to do with what I saw were resolutions in the 10.14.4 installation thread and a bit of musing on my part.

Thanks!!!

Alas, that was a no joy situation. I downloaded and installed fresh copies of Lilu, WhateverGreen, and AppleALC.kext. Though I didn't capture the screen, the output seemed to resemble the screenshot above.

Do you have your macOS installer - can you access the deskop by booting via UniBeast?

Next solution may be to replace the contents of you EFI partition from an updated 10.14.4 UniBeast installer or a backup if you have one. I would suggest further searching on the subject before jumping in to the process.

Perhaps @pastrychef has some ideas/advice.

I do not have a UniBeast installer that's current, though the one I have does boot (I haven't tried getting to the desktop). I can boot into Recovery Mode just fine.

As a temporary solution, just to get to desktop, you can try disabling IGPU in BIOS.

If you are able to get to desktop by doing this, you can make adjustments to your EFI folder to fix the situation.

With the recent versions of macOS Mojave, there's no need to enter anything for ig-platform-id nor device-id. Let macOS detect your IGPU automatically.

Could the presence of WhateverGreen.kext be causing this graphics problem?

For whatever reason, I can no longer get to either Recovery Mode (either with the current OS install or the older Unibeast version), and the system goes into some sort of loop.

Verbose mode still yields the graphics lock.

Is there any way to get to the EFI folder using the Clover UEFI shell?

Update: If I disable WhateverGreen.kext (I also disabled the Fake SMC sensor kexts, though that should not affect anything), the loading progress bar completes, however, after a period of time, enters another loop of some kind.

:(

examining the verbose output after the above yielded a loop on trying to get iGfx information. So, I disabled the onboard graphics in BIOS, restarted, entered verbose mode, and ended up in another loop - though the monitor has "no input" so I can't see at all what the system may or may not be doing.

Its all down to the graphics...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back