Contribute
Register

10.13.4 - Only Some USB Ports Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ones on XHC - HS** and SS** - all seem to be controlled by the Intel chipset.
-> That is what I expected.

I don't know what was wrong with my config. But after the upgrade to 10.13.6 it fixed the Asmedia2142 issues (hopefully).
I can use USB2 or USB3 devices with the Typ-A port from the ASmedia.
The devices is unter RP05 in the IORegistryExplorer.

@UtterDisbelief did you manage to get USB-C/USB-Red 3.1 Gen 2 ports working? I know it works via the ASMedia chip, and I have not been able to get this working on my 10.14.3 build. EVERYTHING, I mean literally EVERYTHING else is working. I even did a SSDT patch a la Rehabman, but since it only affects XHC-based/Intel USB ports, it does not affect the USB-C/3.1 ports. When I connect a USB-C hard drive there, for example, I just get power to the hard drive, but the drive never gets recognized by MacOS or by Disk Utility.

@UtterDisbelief did you manage to get USB-C/USB-Red 3.1 Gen 2 ports working? I know it works via the ASMedia chip, and I have not been able to get this working on my 10.14.3 build. EVERYTHING, I mean literally EVERYTHING else is working. I even did a SSDT patch a la Rehabman, but since it only affects XHC-based/Intel USB ports, it does not affect the USB-C/3.1 ports. When I connect a USB-C hard drive there, for example, I just get power to the hard drive, but the drive never gets recognized by MacOS or by Disk Utility.

Did you manage to fix this in the end?

Hi there.

No, not using a USB SSDT. The ports from the ASMedia chip appear on the RP0* part of the IORegistryExplorer tree. These do work but I am not happy that the potential power output is handled correctly. Clearly you are having problems too. I haven't yet found a helpful guide to configuring ASMedia USB, just a large code segment which I picked up someplace and also places the ports in the RP area of the tree. Not sure yet how to implement it so it's to one side until I do.

:)

Last edited:
Hi there.

No, not using a USB SSDT. The ports from the ASMedia chip appear on the RP0* part of the IORegistryExplorer tree. These do work but I am not happy that the potential power output is handled correctly. Clearly you are having problems too. I haven't yet found a helpful guide to configuring ASMedia USB, just a large code segment which I picked up someplace and also places the ports in the RP area of the tree. Not sure yet how to implement it so it's to one side until I do.

:)

Same here. Everything except the USB C/Red USB is working. I hope someone can figure this out.

Any update on this issue? I have a Z370 Gaming 3 board and just completed building my own SSDT based on Intel chipset port discovery. But some ports on SSDT don't work, while some on ASMedia don't, I counted them and they all add up to 15 (!). So my guess is we need to find a way to include ASMedia ports in SSDT. I just couldn't find any guide to do that, tried the DSL template, and ASMedia Device ID isn't even in there and I have no idea how to do port discovery on ASMedia ports. Anyone have any progress?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back