Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have few questions regarding SSDT-USB creation and usage.

Is it possible to use SSDT-USB created with only needed ports and don't use any boot arguments?

I created SSDT-USB file with all ports that I could find. Total number is 16. While IORegistry Explorer showing me 26 ports. I am going to use only 14 ports. Should I exclude only 2 ports or I can exclude 2 port(that I manage to find) plus ports that I couldn't find?

ASMediaUSB 3.1 ports are not recognized under xhc@14, but under genericUSB. Are they still counted towards 15 ports limit or not? I am not going to use then should I skip installing 3ed party USB kext?

AMD graphics cards do not properly wake up from sleep. So, for now, don't let it sleep. (Works OK on my Mac Pro, but something won't let it wake from sleep properly on a hack.)
Thanks will do that.

One thing I was wondering about:
1. Can I disable the intel 530 support/kext? The reason so I can be sure that GPU processing is being done on my AMD R9 280X. Davincy Resolve seem to be running slowly and I'm wondering if the reason is that it is processing with the intel GPU.

Thanks will do that.

One thing I was wondering about:
1. Can I disable the intel 530 support/kext? The reason so I can be sure that GPU processing is being done on my AMD R9 280X. Davincy Resolve seem to be running slowly and I'm wondering if the reason is that it is processing with the intel GPU.
I recommend you post your problem in the Graphics forum section where the graphics experts hang out. http://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/graphics.13/

Skylake Starter Guide

Which version of Unibeast are you guys using? I used 6.1.1 but it throws an error saying "Couldn't allocate runtime area. Boot failed". I found a thread somewhere that says 6.1 has a bug and to use 6.0.1, but 6.0.1 is no longer available in the Downloads section..
I get the same error. cant use any other bootflags (for the most part) other than -v and nv_disable=1

Still waiting desperately for the revised 10.11.4 guide - I bought all the 170 hardware but have not succeeded on an install yet. :(

Maybe it is too soon to say the 170 chipset is the recommended platform if installs are still so hard and require so much fiddling...

Still waiting desperately for the revised 10.11.4 guide - I bought all the 170 hardware but have not succeeded on an install yet. :(

Maybe it is too soon to say the 170 chipset is the recommended platform if installs are still so hard and require so much fiddling...
Use tonymacx86's El Capitan Installation Guide. The current versions of 10.11.5, UniBeast and MultiBeast are mature enough to make installations on 100-series motherboard/Skylake systems a fairly easy experience. Additionally, have the components listed in the tonymacx86 Buyer's Guide helps to make the installation successful because those components are know to work with El Capitan.

I downloaded the latest versions of everything and it has definitely made a difference. The installer gets all the way through installation to the SSD now, (before it would bomb mid install) and the machine reboots again from the USB drive.

I am stuck on Step 5. While booting the El Capitan disk from Clover, it gets part way through, then the screen flickers white for a fraction of a second, then it freezes.

i7-6700K, Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5, Mac f/w Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB, 16GB DDR4, 480GB ADATA SSD, 32GB USB. USB is in USB2 port, ADATA tried on every SATA port.

Edit to add: I've even plugged the drive into my macbook pro and run MultiBeast on it there but it makes no difference.

Last edited:
All: This will be replaced soon with an updated guide based on 10.11.4 and the current UniBeast/MultiBeast tools.
Is that replaced yet?
Iam unable to fix my machine.
No sound, bad USB functionality, saulty graphic - Fans runs on full speed on login and sometimes monitor goes black.
Please help:)

I downloaded the latest versions of everything and it has definitely made a difference. The installer gets all the way through installation to the SSD now, (before it would bomb mid install) and the machine reboots again from the USB drive.

I am stuck on Step 5. While booting the El Capitan disk from Clover, it gets part way through, then the screen flickers white for a fraction of a second, then it freezes.

i7-6700K, Gigabyte GA-Z170MX-GAMING 5, Mac f/w Gigabyte R9 280X 3GB, 16GB DDR4, 480GB ADATA SSD, 32GB USB. USB is in USB2 port, ADATA tried on every SATA port.

Edit to add: I've even plugged the drive into my macbook pro and run MultiBeast on it there but it makes no difference.

Hello :)

Yes, that problem looks like the discrete graphics card failing to initialise.

This page should be the best starting point:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/radeon-compatibility-guide-ati-amd-graphics-cards.171291/

The kext AMD7000 seems to cover your card. Plenty of stuff there.

:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back