Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake Starter Guide

Maximus VII Hero is not a Skylake board, so you're asking in the wrong place.

sorry for the third i ! yes i have maximus viii hero and i5-6600k skylake
my bios is 1202 is there a way ? i still stuck on the prohib logo !

Skylake Starter Guide

any help .?

Skylake Starter Guide

sorry for the third i ! yes i have maximus viii hero and i5-6600k skylake
my bios is 1202 is there a way ? i still stuck on the prohib logo !

The board definitely works, though I'm not sure which BIOS version it was tested on. Why don't you boot verbose and post a photo of where it stops, along with your config.plist.

Skylake Starter Guide

The board definitely works, though I'm not sure which BIOS version it was tested on. Why don't you boot verbose and post a photo of where it stops, along with your config.plist.

there they are sir after the blutooth transport... it turn to still waiting.. :/

BIOS Settings
Load Optimized Defaults
VT-d setting, disable
CFG-Lock, disable
Secure Boot Mode, disable
OS Type to Other OS
XHCI Handoff to Enabled

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 20151225_014723.jpg
    20151225_014723.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 74
  • 20151225_020434.jpg
    20151225_020434.jpg
    1,018.2 KB · Views: 85
Skylake Starter Guide

Your config.plist looks to be corrupt. If I run "plutil config.plist" I get:

Value missing for key inside <dict> at line 14

But also a lot of the tags and values have extra spaces in them, many of the values in SMBIOS seem to have extra words in them, and there are a number of DSDT fixes selected that I don't know that you necessarily need. Frankly I gave up after that -- there's more wrong than right.

For a start, you should revert to a clean copy and either edit with Clover Configurator or TextWrangler.

Skylake Starter Guide

Your config.plist looks to be corrupt. If I run "plutil config.plist" I get:

Value missing for key inside <dict> at line 14

But also a lot of the tags and values have extra spaces in them, many of the values in SMBIOS seem to have extra words in them, and there are a number of DSDT fixes selected that I don't know that you necessarily need. Frankly I gave up after that -- there's more wrong than right.

For a start, you should revert to a clean copy and either edit with Clover Configurator or TextWrangler.

sorry for troubling you i didn't use hackintosh since lion i just copy the fixes into the config i will start a new one and try it again

Skylake Starter Guide

i have tried this with dsdt of maximus in the first thread but still stuck

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 20151225_214225.jpg
    20151225_214225.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 124
  • 20151225_214151.jpg
    20151225_214151.jpg
    654.3 KB · Views: 113
Skylake Starter Guide

The left side is a "Still waiting for root device" error, which usually means your USB boot drive isn't recognized.

The right side is a MBCT, which usually means you got past the missing root device error but graphics isn't starting. With a 9xx Nvidia card, you need to boot with nv_disable=1 until you get to the OS and install the Nvidia Web drivers.

Skylake Starter Guide

The left side is a "Still waiting for root device" error, which usually means your USB boot drive isn't recognized.

The right side is a MBCT, which usually means you got past the missing root device error but graphics isn't starting. With a 9xx Nvidia card, you need to boot with nv_disable=1 until you get to the OS and install the Nvidia Web drivers.

i tried another usb ports and the nv=1 but now after the bluetooth transport msg its keep reeboting !

Skylake Starter Guide

I'd be willing to bet there is a workaround. It would be ridiculous if OS X absolutely needed a native AIC in order for it to boot some boards.

But for now, like you're saying, if people see the IOBluetoothHostControl panic, it would be a good idea to at least try the card first before quitting.

Regarding the kernel panic when Bluetooth isn't connected: try adding the boot argument "debug=yes"

I have no idea what this boot argument does, or why it changes anything, but I had this exact problem months ago, and the boot argument fixed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back