Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake Starter Guide

i tried another usb ports and the nv=1 but now after the bluetooth transport msg its keep reeboting !

I hope you mean "nv_disable=1" and not "nv=1"

Try to get a picture just before the reboot to see if there's a kernel panic message or any other useful information.

Skylake Starter Guide

I hope you mean "nv_disable=1" and not "nv=1"

Try to get a picture just before the reboot to see if there's a kernel panic message or any other useful information.

yes i mean that one sorry English isn't my language :p there the photos after the bluetooth msj it rebooting

Attachments

• 20151228_171940(0).jpg
    20151228_171940(0).jpg
    710.2 KB · Views: 89
  • 20151228_171946.jpg
    20151228_171946.jpg
    780.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 20151228_171949.jpg
    20151228_171949.jpg
    767.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 20151228_171951.jpg
    20151228_171951.jpg
    716.8 KB · Views: 90
  • 20151228_171955.jpg
    20151228_171955.jpg
    746.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 20151228_172004.jpg
    20151228_172004.jpg
    690.3 KB · Views: 101
Skylake Starter Guide

Hi all, I'm struggling with getting my GTX970 recognised on my GA-Z170-UD5-TH on Mac OS X 10.11.2.

I've installed once using carsonp's config.plist, and most recently with a clean start using ammulder's guide.

I'm getting through the install, but the resolution defaults to 1600x1200 (over DisplayPort), and the card is listed in About this Mac as EVGA GeForce GTX 970 0MB.

I've tried several definitions including Mac Pro 3,1, 5,1, 6,1 and am currently on iMac15,1.

I've modified the AppleGraphicsControl.kext (as per instructions here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-after-nvidia-346-01-02f01-2.html#post1018395)

I've installed the Nvidia WebDriver-346.03.04f02, and have used the nvda_drv=1 in my config.plist which seems to have no effect.

The Nvidia Preference pane lists the driver as the up-to-date version, but shows the OS X Default Graphics Driver as the active driver.

I've attached my IOReg, config.plist and Clover folder in the hopes that someone can see what I cannot.

UPDATE: I had overlooked CSM in the BIOS which needed to be disabled. After that, everything started falling into place.

Attachments

• Clover_folder.png
    Clover_folder.png
    298.5 KB · Views: 127
  • config.plist
    6.3 KB · Views: 217
  • IOReg.txt
    33.1 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
Skylake Starter Guide

I'm back .. I have made a test with a bluetooth dongle (cheaper 10 dollar solution) .. It wasn't my first choice .. but it was available in stores since I live in a different country.. It seems I passed the bluetooth requirement .. but I get another panic ..

I hope someone could maybe direct me to what it means or what I should do .

image1 3.JPGimage2.jpg

Skylake Starter Guide

!!!!! Something interesting Just happened .. I waited long enough with dongle connected .. and OS X installer started -wait time - 7 minutes !!!:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Skylake Starter Guide

With the first config.plist I tried, it would always reboot before the panic. My guess is that is was using the SMBIOS iMac14,2 instead of Mac Pro3,1 that I've had other success with. As soon as I switched it to Mac Pro3,1, it booted like a charm without the Broadcom card.

As you know I passed the panic by using the USB dongle ... but now I'm having trouble with the Network - no ethernet , Graphics - screen tearing and Audio from HDMI or any audio !

also everything feels slow .. not sure what it is .. My Ram shows correct 16 GB .

Thanks for helping :D

Skylake Starter Guide

As you know I passed the panic by using the USB dongle ... but now I'm having trouble with the Network - no ethernet , Graphics - screen tearing and Audio from HDMI or any audio !

also everything feels slow .. not sure what it is .. My Ram shows correct 16 GB .

Thanks for helping :D

Hey again Mutassem! Hope you've been doing well. :wave:

Anither user with a blue avatar a couple pages ago made a separate guide, tailored specifically to the Z170-A.

First, we found that BIOS revision 0902 worked with the Z170-A whether I had my Bluetooth card in or not. :confused: As soon as we tried the latest BIOS revision, I got the IOBluetoothHoatController panic.

He then found a way to patch the newest BIOS so that I wouldn't need the Bluetooth card in, and it's been working. Check back a couple pages. If you'd like, I can link it to you. :thumbup:

Best of Luck!

Skylake Starter Guide

Hey again Mutassem! Hope you've been doing well. :wave:

Anither user with a blue avatar a couple pages ago made a separate guide, tailored specifically to the Z170-A.

First, we found that BIOS revision 0902 worked with the Z170-A whether I had my Bluetooth card in or not. :confused: As soon as we tried the latest BIOS revision, I got the IOBluetoothHoatController panic.

He then found a way to patch the newest BIOS so that I wouldn't need the Bluetooth card in, and it's been working. Check back a couple pages. If you'd like, I can link it to you. :thumbup:

Best of Luck!

Yes I have been reading .. Mine worked with no patch after using the bluetooth dongle .

But my question is about the next step inside Mac OS X .. My Network isn't working , Audio , Audio via HDMI , GPU issues .

Didn't really know what to do with multibeast .. I selected a few things .. nothing seems to help ..
Then I rebooted I god the prohibited sign .. I might have selected something wrong from multiBeast .

I'm confused about now after installing .. do I need the thumb drive? if no .. where will be my config file in the new drive that has Mac OS X in it ..

I hope I am making sense ..

Skylake Starter Guide

followed your guide, but still stuck to install the osx from usb, lock logo came out after apple logo loading. please help me.

i5 6500, h170-d3hp, gfx onboard. thank you.

Skylake Starter Guide

followed your guide, but still stuck to install the osx from usb, lock logo came out after apple logo loading. please help me.

i5 6500, h170-d3hp, gfx onboard. thank you.

Please boot verbose (space bar from Clover menu) and post a photo of where it hangs, along with your config.plist.

Also, be aware that integrated graphics don't work real well yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back