Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake Starter Guide

Hi there!

I had the same IOBluetoothControlHost kernel panic , I do not have the same board as you do but did you try to disable any serial ports in your bios. This took care of the problem for me and it booted with no kernel panic.

That may not solve all your problems for the moment but it will get you one step further.

This worked great, posting this from my 10.11.2 installation, thanks!

Now, just a couple more questions, hopefully. I've done the audio fix in the plist, but I've got no audio. I also can't figure out how to boot without the USB drive connected.

It seems like it's only pulling the bootloader from USB instead of pulling from the local disk. Any advice on that?

After that, it's just figuring out the video card properly, but that's not ultra important at this point.

Skylake Starter Guide

Now, just a couple more questions, hopefully. I've done the audio fix in the plist, but I've got no audio. I also can't figure out how to boot without the USB drive connected.

It seems like it's only pulling the bootloader from USB instead of pulling from the local disk. Any advice on that?

If you run MultiBeast, you can install the audio driver for your sound chip (the plist patch only makes it possible to do that) and also install Clover to the system drive. Then you'll want to copy over the Clover directory from the USB drive to the system drive, and you should be able to boot from the system drive.

Skylake Starter Guide

If you run MultiBeast, you can install the audio driver for your sound chip (the plist patch only makes it possible to do that) and also install Clover to the system drive. Then you'll want to copy over the Clover directory from the USB drive to the system drive, and you should be able to boot from the system drive.

Is MultiBeast something that's run from within the OS? I did some more reading and was able to get it booting from the disk. Thanks!

Now, shutting down! I've applied the shutdown fix in Clover Configurator and saved the new config, but it only actually shuts down maybe 1/5 times.

I did get video working as well, sort of. It now detects my card, albeit as an R9 290, which from what I read is the desired result. However, Its seeing my monitor as a TV and will only output up to 1080p, native res on the monitor is 4k, so that's next on the list :)

Thanks again, I really appreciate it.

Skylake Starter Guide

Yes, MultiBeast runs from within the OS. If you're booting from the system drive now, you could run MultiBeast and select only your audio driver to install.

I'm not sure about the shutdown problem, and I know next to nothing about Radeon cards. The TV issue might be a good one for the Graphics forum.

Skylake Starter Guide

Yes, MultiBeast runs from within the OS. If you're booting from the system drive now, you could run MultiBeast and select only your audio driver to install.

I'm not sure about the shutdown problem, and I know next to nothing about Radeon cards. The TV issue might be a good one for the Graphics forum.

Awesome, thanks so much! Going to try this tonight when I get home.

Skylake Starter Guide

is there a way to instal el capitan 10.11.x on the newer version of bios in asus maximus vii hero ?

Skylake Starter Guide

Has anyone successfully gotten the audio working on the z170m-plus? I feel like I've tried everything, and I cannot get it to work at all, still seeing no devices.

Thanks!

e: Just kidding! Got it working using a combination of MultiBeast and the ALC-110 script. At this point I'm 100% funcitonal :headbang::headbang:

Thanks for all the help everyone :)

Skylake Starter Guide

For the record, if anyone else is struggling, the z170m-Plus uses the ALC887 kexts and audio format 2 (if you call it that).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back