Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake Starter Guide

I have the same issue with two differents graphics cards GTX 650 Ti and GTX 750.
Installed the Nvidia web driver , But Black screen when im using nvda_drv=1.
SMBIOS as :iMac 14.2 and imac 17.1

Attachments

• IMG_5526.JPG
    IMG_5526.JPG
    717.8 KB · Views: 119
  • IMG_5525.JPG
    IMG_5525.JPG
    813.3 KB · Views: 138
Skylake Starter Guide

I appled the AGDPfix.app but the same problem.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6 KB · Views: 227
Skylake Starter Guide

Hi,

Does anybody have an idea when intel's iGPU HD 530 will be supported? I installed El Capitan on my new Skylake computer with I5-6500 and Asus h170-pro, but cannot get it properly working without discrete GPU....

Skylake Starter Guide

Hi,

Does anybody have an idea when intel's iGPU HD 530 will be supported? I installed El Capitan on my new Skylake computer with I5-6500 and Asus h170-pro, but cannot get it properly working without discrete GPU....

Unfortunately there is no timetable- hopefully Apple will release Macs with Skylake integrated graphics in the coming months- this way better support may be added to OS X. For now a discrete graphics card is required for full support.

Skylake Starter Guide

Another small issue is my memory (screenshot attached):
System Report lists 5 banks, though, naturally, the motherboard has only 4, as correctly shown in Clover Configurator. Seems to be an SMBIOS issue?

(I meant slots, not banks.)

OK ... figured out the mistake:
In Clover plist I wrote 4 entries for the RAM slots, starting with "1" ending on "4".
But as the first slot has to be "0" (and the last one "3") the OS just adds the "0" as empty, resulting in showing 5 slots.

ANYHOW:
Since upgrading from two to four RAM sticks, the mainboard keeps showing "Error Code 51" (Memory Initialization Error) from an early stage at boot onwards, remaining there afterwards.
Nevertheless, everything works fine, and memtest shows no errors.

Trying to get rid of this, I switched to "X.M.P. Profile" for Memory in UEFI, which resulted in a total failure of boot. I not even could get into UEFI anymore, had to remove two of the sticks and change the value to "Auto" back.

Changing the sticks around makes no difference – always the same boot failure.

The whole issue seems weird to me ... RAM seems to be healthy, motherboard, too, and there are no observable issues. But that resisting error code 51 drives me mad ... doesn't look "clean" on my always open case ... :oops:

Skylake Starter Guide

The same problem with AGDPfix.app. Black screen.

Im tried too using SMBIOS Mac pro 3.1 and iMac 14.2. Blackscreen.

Using GTX 650 Ti and with other test GTX 750.

Im frustrated from 1 january. : (

Please put your specific motherboard model, CPU model, and GPU model into the system configuration area on the left, and/or your signature. It's hard to give you good advice without having that information on hand on every post, and I've forgotten which hardware we're talking about.

Skylake Starter Guide

ANYHOW:
Since upgrading from two to four RAM sticks, the mainboard keeps showing "Error Code 51" (Memory Initialization Error) from an early stage at boot onwards, remaining there afterwards.
Nevertheless, everything works fine, and memtest shows no errors.

I guess the question is, does the error code come up before you've started OS X? If so, it seems to me that it's probably unrelated to the OS you're running...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back