Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake Starter Guide

Hello guys, it may not be relevant, but I'm having an issue and I don't seem to find a solution anywhere.
the integrated 530 graphics make the whole environment look tinted and with glitchy colours after successful kext patch and added ig-platform-id 0x19120000

is that normal??

Yes unfortunately the Intel 530 graphics are not fully functional. Hopefully in a future version of OS X. For now all Skylake systems besides for testing purposes require a discrete graphics card.

Skylake Starter Guide

I'm struggling a bit with my new setup consisting of an i7 6700K and an Asus Z170 Pro Gaming motherboard.
This is my second Hackintosh but my last setup was an easy one.

I followed the quick version:

0. tl;dr (i.e. the REALLY short version of the rest of the guide)
You can try this config.plist with USBInjectAll.kext

I copied this kext to the 10.11 folder on the EFI partition and the config file to EFI/CLOVER.

The BIOS settings should be alright too.

When I try to install from the USB I get a kernel panic when the load bar have done about 40%. See attached image.

Any thoughts? Really appreciate any tips or ideas.
Thanks in advance!

Turn off IO Serial Port in BIOS. That should fix the KP.

Skylake Starter Guide

Yes unfortunately the Intel 530 graphics are not fully functional. Hopefully in a future version of OS X. For now all Skylake systems besides for testing purposes require a discrete graphics card.

I kind of thought so, but now I'm with another trouble.. I have installed a GTX 960 2gb with latest web driver, but evertime I boot, it loads till past half way and then black screen! I've tried different stuff on different places, things related to the ethernet kext even and nothing... I have to nv_disable=1 in order to boot, but that means no graphics acc.

No one seems to have trouble, or at least I haven't seen any posts :(

Skylake Starter Guide

I kind of thought so, but now I'm with another trouble.. I have installed a GTX 960 2gb with latest web driver, but evertime I boot, it loads till past half way and then black screen! I've tried different stuff on different places, things related to the ethernet kext even and nothing... I have to nv_disable=1 in order to boot, but that means no graphics acc.

No one seems to have trouble, or at least I haven't seen any posts :(

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ro-6-1-imac-15-imac-17-system-definition.html

Skylake Starter Guide

Hi again,
I have uploaded the codeccommander for ALC1150. The normal codeccommander didn't seem to work, I used this modified one with my old board too the Z97X-UD5 and also works perfectly with the new Z170X-UD5-TH too. Install it using kextbeast or kext wizard into S/L/E and repair permissions

I use the "toleda/audio_CloverALC" clover audio patch which I find better than multibeast one since you retain audio after software update.

Thanks for the EFI just still can't figure out how to have usb working after sleep without physically unplugging and plugging back in :(

Tell me if it helps,
Robert

Attachments

• CodecCommander.kext.zip
    21.2 KB · Views: 114
Skylake Starter Guide

Perfect installation with this guide
[Guide] El Capitan on the Skylake H170N-WIFI
I finished the entire installation without any problem, but I have problems with the video, the system does not recognize the video card, I have just 7 megs of video, when opening programs or login in mac, I have video flikerings and I tried 3 different video cards, all work OOB, in other mobos (Z97)

I try inject Nvidia
I try to disable nv_disable=1 (don't boot)
I try to enable NVDA_drv=1 (don't boot)

GIGABYTE GA-H110M-A (rev. 1.0) Intel LGA 1151 H110
i7 6700K
2 x 16 DDR4 RAM

GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5 256-Bit OOB
ASUS GeForce GTX 650 Ti OOB
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 950 Nvidia drivers web

Please help me

Skylake Starter Guide

I finished the entire installation without any problem, but I have problems with the video, the system does not recognize the video card, I have just 7 megs of video, when opening programs or login in mac, I have video flikerings and I tried 3 different video cards, all work OOB, in other mobos

Did you install the Nvidia Web drivers yet?

Skylake Starter Guide

Hi again,
I have uploaded the codeccommander for ALC1150. The normal codeccommander didn't seem to work, I used this modified one with my old board too the Z97X-UD5 and also works perfectly with the new Z170X-UD5-TH too. Install it using kextbeast or kext wizard into S/L/E and repair permissions

I use the "toleda/audio_CloverALC" clover audio patch which I find better than multibeast one since you retain audio after software update.

Thanks for the EFI just still can't figure out how to have usb working after sleep without physically unplugging and plugging back in :(

Tell me if it helps,
Robert

Hi,

thanks for the codeccommander!
It didn't work ... on the contrary: I could not boot anymore after installing it.
After removal with the help of my CCC backup clone, I tried several other solutions.
None of them are working – some not even before sleep.
I left the install now with "audio_pikeralphaALC-110.command" – at least it works as before.

Another small issue is my memory (screenshot attached):
System Report lists 5 banks, though, naturally, the motherboard has only 4, as correctly shown in Clover Configurator. Seems to be an SMBIOS issue?

My USB 3.0 works perfect with "change 15 port limit to 30 in AppleUSBXHCIPCI" patch – as well after sleep.

You could try my complete EFI to test it ... you just should remove the Memory entries (if you do not coincidentally have the same constellation).

Greetings
Ralph

:)

Attachments

• Memory.jpg
    Memory.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 121
Skylake Starter Guide

Try the 950, set inject nvidia=false in config.plist, and boot with nvda_drv=1

If something doesn't work, please describe the problem in detail and if it's not "my monitor turns off" then please boot verbose and post a photo of where it stops or reboots or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back