Contribute
Register

[Success] SynGatesFan200s Intel NUC DC3217BY Thunderbolt Edition/Non-Thunderbolt edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
dikkiedirk have you installed the driver for that card again after the upgrade ?

10.8.4 update success confirmed. I reinstalled AppleFramebufferCapri after update and everything works.

Repeat the steps you did when you installed device the first time.

I have a Bluetooth/WiFi card. When I first used it, WiFi worked out of the box but Bluetooth didn't show up as if it was not present.

Then I used WinPE boot flash to get into WinPE environment. I used Unknown Devices program and noted Bluetooth device IDs. Then I looked on internet for Bluetooth OSX drivers with those IDs and after installing them the device showed up in device list System Properties and since then have worked correctly even through updates.

Until the drivers are there, the device does not show up anywhere in system or BIOS except in Windows. If you have Windows running, try http://www.halfdone.com/ukd/ to get the IDs.

Has anyone tried an i5 nuc for this ?

SynGatesFan200 said:
7. If you are using the Dell DW1702 wifi/bluetooth card, install the kexts i have included to enable both functions. WORKS WITH SLEEP. Special thanks to faithie999 for the kexts on googlegroups.

Hi guys,

first things first: you´re doing an amazing job here at tonymac´s and I´ve become a true disciple because of you! Thank you so much for the hackintosh experiences so far.
But (there´s always a 'but', isn´t it?) I can´t get the above-mentioned card flying. The issues vary (I´m not kidding). At first, everything seemed to work with your included kexts. Wifi found network and registered properly. Bluetooth pairing worked until I tried my first gesture on the trackpad which seemingly turns off any kind of bt connection for the whole session. I snooped around trying to find alternative sets/kexts to solve the problem and was led astray (osx86.net). Bursting into a flood of tears (of joy?) because bt seemed to work. But those kexts kicked out my hdmi sound. In return I was testing every possible combo of the wifi/bt kexts from here and osx86.net hoping to find the solution. In between the countless attempts I cleared/uninstalled the kexts using kext wizard and/or terminal commands (sudo chwon -R root:wheel..., sudo chmod -R 755 and sudo touch) to wipe away all possibly interfering remnants of kexts.
And now... I´m at loss and desperately looking for a helping hand to turn my nuc into the ultimate machine it could allegedly be.
If you need me to add further details, please let me know.
Kindest regards
(btw: it´s not the thunderbolt edition, but the 3217IYE)

update: with rehab man´s kext the bt pairing now seems to be stable. But trackpad/magic mouse is still laggy and practically useless. Am I truly the only one with those bluetooth issues on the nuc with the dw1702 combo? Please help :(

Am I truly the only one with those bluetooth issues on the nuc with the dw1702 combo? Please help :(

Hi dummyline,

I have the same issue with this card. Wifi works fine but BT doesn't. I've tried many solutions and nothing so I bought the IOGEAR GBU521 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Micro Adapter from the recommended part list.It works flawlessly but now I have to deactivate the BT from the combo card. See this post http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g4-cube/98121-uncut-g4-cube-mod-ongoing-project-7.html#post634228

cheers

Hi iCubeFan,

thank you for your reply despite the fact that it´s not actually solving the problem. The weird thing is that I came from an N2230 (model: 2230BNHMW) where bluetooth worked like a charm (gestures, response time etc.) Then I wanted to add wifi... but not at the expense of bt :(
I wonder how previous posters suddenly claim to have solved the problem (comments: like "nevermind - everything works") I still can´t believe the signal strength myth/antenna issue. My other machine is running with two antennas (H77N) and works with a bluetooth dongle (Jabra). But I didn´t want any extra gadgets on the nuc. That´s why I opted for this small size factor thing :/
The other bluetooth card I mentioned above also worked without extra antennas on the nuc. So how is all this possible? Everybody seems to be capable of solving any lag issues with that dw1702 - everybody but the two of us? I seriously doubt that! In almost all the other cases it seemed to have been an either/or problem. Either nothing worked or suddenly everything was fine. Why can´t others reproduce that issue? Weird. But still thank you so much for your sympathy.
Anyone else out there who solved ICubeFan´s and my problem?
TIA.

update: with bootflag option -x I can get rid of the cursor´s jumpiness but any kind of gesture turns off bt functionality immediately. Without -x the jumpiness is back but with a lot (and I mean A LOT!) of patience gestures work. Out of the fire...
Please - help!

Hi, the card I have success with, is HP Atheros AR5B195 WiFi + Bluetooth card from eBay.

I use Bluetooth generally for wireless keyboard and mouse and I use it to connect to internet via phone when the Sky internet is down.

I haven't used it with Apple magic mouse and haven't tried gestures.

This is info from Win XP Unknown devices app:

USB Device
Unable to Detect, Hardware ID: Vid_0cf3&Pid_3005

If you Google for '0cf3 3005 osx86' the second result will be drivers.

This is info from Mac 10.8 System Properties which appears there only after installation of drivers:

Apple Bluetooth Software Version: 4.1.4f2 12041
Hardware Settings:
Address: D0-DF-9A-FC-E5-7F
Manufacturer: Unknown
Name: Bluetooth Mac (d0-df-9a-fc-e5-7f)
Firmware Version: 5.39321 (5.39321)
Bluetooth Power: On
Discoverable: Off
Vendor ID: 0xcf3
Product ID: 0x3005
HCI Version: 5 (0x5)
HCI Revision: 39321 (0x9999)
LMP Version: 5 (0x5)
LMP Subversion: 39321 (0x9999)
Device Type (Major): Computer
Device Type (Complete): Mac Desktop
Composite Class Of Device: 3801348 (0x3a0104)
Device Class (Major): 1 (0x1)
Device Class (Minor): 1 (0x1)
Service Class: 464 (0x1d0)
Services:
Bluetooth File Transfer:
Folder other devices can browse: ~/Public
State: Enabled
Bluetooth File Exchange:
Folder for accepted items: ~/Downloads
When other items are accepted: Ask
When receiving items: Prompt for each file
State: Enabled
Incoming Serial Ports:
Bluetooth-PDA-Sync:
RFCOMM Channel: 3
Requires Authentication: No
Outgoing Serial Ports:
Bluetooth-Modem:
Address:
RFCOMM Channel: 0
Requires Authentication: No

Hi davids74,

thank you very much for your detailed information so far. The funny thing is - the more different kext combos I try the more irrelevant the vendor id etc. seems to become. Despite me clearing every possible remnant with kext wizard and double cold booting with additional chmod (s.a.) terminal commands to be absolutely on the safe side which kext might do the magic (mouse/trackpad) trick, the hex codes don´t really seem to matter. At least not in this regard I am paying special attention to. The jumpy cursor is now history. That was only one kext from osx86 which didn´t work. All the others made "standard" mice look okay. Clicking, responsiveness, etc. BUT - as you pointed out as well - everything looks good but gestures. Please, no hard feelings, but the aspects you excluded are precisely those that matter to me. Wifi and standard mouse/keyboard is no problem (anymore) but the gestures.... but the gestures :(
However, thank you so much in the kindest possible way for your attempt to help (and others)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back