Contribute
Register

[Success] SynGatesFan200s Intel NUC DC3217BY Thunderbolt Edition/Non-Thunderbolt edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi dummyline,

the DW1702 card contains a AR3011 bluetooth chip. If you search for that you will find that everyone with a mighty mouse has exactly the same problems you describe (me included) - laggy performance and disconnects with multitouch gestures.

Since the consensus is that the MM and Atheros chip just aren't compatible, and no one knows how to fix it, you only have two choices I'm afraid: get a alternative BT mouse, or use a fully supported BT dongle.

sorry!

Hi nabs,

as weird as it might seem. Thank you very much for that definite answer. I´ve been reading miles of texts (and kexts ;) for hours. Only to come to the conclusion that people seem to have fixed it. I also read that there is no such card which provides both bt (including proper gestures handling) and wifi - just as you reported. You say that your bt is laggy. If I may help you out on this to return the favour. My kext combo (symbolising the pinnacle of my investigations) now handles the cursor properly via bt (no more lags even after cold boots + trackpad but any gesture shuts down bt support entirely) and wifi at slightly reduced speed/bandwidth. If you want to live with that (I didn´t, I mean - what´s the idea of a magic trackpad? - so I swapped the card and kicked my old one back in with proper bt + traditional lan cable) I would be happy to provide the links.

All the best and thank you so much for your reply!

it would be good to get the links to the kext you used dummyline - my card is pretty much trouble free, apart from my bluetooth jambox speaker which is flakey at best. I'll give your kexts a go and see if it makes any difference - if not I think I'll give up and get a bt dongle!

cheers
nabs

Hi all,

Two weeks ago I decided to send my NUC back to Intel , it was one of those units without the internal USB header connector.
Everything worked flawlessly in my first unit with a patched DSDT for BIOS V.36 and ML 10.8.4 so when I received the new unit from Intel I downgraded to BIOS V.36 and put the SSD back.

I thought that everything would work as it used to but I encountered the following issues:

-Sleep/Wake not working
-Overscan slider not working

I would like to avoid a clean install and also to try to understand what's wrong.

I would appreciate any help and/or suggestions

Cheers

EDIT:Fixed. Extracting a new DSDT was needed.

Hi Guys,
I did everything as instructed in the guide. However, I am stuck at the apple grey screen.
My hardware is : 8 GB of Adata memory and MSATA 60 GB from bp4...
Could this be the reason why its not getting past that grey screen?

Thanks guys.

Hi Guys,
I did everything as instructed in the guide. However, I am stuck at the apple grey screen.
My hardware is : 8 GB of Adata memory and MSATA 60 GB from bp4...
Could this be the reason why its not getting past that grey screen?
Thanks guys.

Hi, why don't you go into verbose mode and look where is it actually stopping?

The hardware is OK as long as NUC can see it.

Have you read the whole thread?

Keep starting from scratch until you get into this.

Once you get a working system, start from install usb and back a whole system drive using diskutil. It's best if you create an 16Gb partition at the end of SSD for regular backups after each major update.

today i updated to 10.8.5

after you run the combo-updater you have to run multibeast and install PatchedAppleIntelCPUPowerManagment

if you don't do this the machine will not boot anymore, kernel error

if you have a ssd also use the trimenabler

with this in mind 10.8.5 runs without problems

I ran the combo update and re-booted. And yes, kernel went panic.
As I can't boot and access ML, do I need fresh install with UniBeast now?

KP.jpg

EDIT: I'm running the
BOXDC3217IYE
.​
From my local retail I can't sort out the difference, but have not seen any differences these given instructions.

today i updated to 10.8.5

after you run the combo-updater you have to run multibeast and install PatchedAppleIntelCPUPowerManagment

if you don't do this the machine will not boot anymore, kernel error

if you have a ssd also use the trimenabler

with this in mind 10.8.5 runs without problems

thanks for the info bro... do we have to keep a backup with carbon copy cloner ??? do we need extra fixes with multibeast or extra hdmi kexts dstd.aml or something else??? please i dont want to lose the intsallation i have... make a clear and safe tutorial with links thanks

I ran the combo update and re-booted. And yes, kernel went panic.
As I can't boot and access ML, do I need fresh install with UniBeast now?

View attachment 67285

EDIT: I'm running the
BOXDC3217IYE
.​
From my local retail I can't sort out the difference, but have not seen any differences these given instructions.

you didn't do:

you can run a fresh install for example to an usb-memory, boot the usb-memory and run multibeast and install PatchedAppleIntelCPUPowerManagment to your normal HD/SSD (thats the way i did it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back