Contribute
Register

[Success] SynGatesFan200s Intel NUC DC3217BY Thunderbolt Edition/Non-Thunderbolt edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks for the info bro... do we have to keep a backup with carbon copy cloner ??? do we need extra fixes with multibeast or extra hdmi kexts dstd.aml or something else??? please i dont want to lose the intsallation i have... make a clear and safe tutorial with links thanks

you only need to run multibeast BEFORE the reboot and install IntelAppleCPUPower...
if you need HDMI_Audio you have to install the ApplaAudio... too (i use an usb to audio adapter so i didn't)

EDIT: All sorted out now. Thanks for kind response! :)

Ok, so I run Multibeast from USB boot device but use the fixed SSD as target.
When you put it that way it does sound quite logical :)
Will get at it tomorrow, and update on result!

I have never even looked at the Hackintosh scene until 30 minutes before I started installing this.
Originally I bought the NUC to test to run as ESXi host, and I must say it works great.

Perhaps a little of-topic, but do anyone have some experience or opinion about using the NUC as
OSX Server 2.2.1?
I understand it's far from advisable, but I since I can try - I will try :)

you didn't do:
after you run the combo-updater you have to run multibeast and install PatchedAppleIntelCPUPowerManagment

you can run a fresh install for example to an usb-memory, boot the usb-memory and run multibeast and install PatchedAppleIntelCPUPowerManagment to your normal HD/SSD (thats the way i did it)

I ran the combo update and re-booted. And yes, kernel went panic.
As I can't boot and access ML, do I need fresh install with UniBeast now?

View attachment 67285

EDIT: I'm running the
BOXDC3217IYE
.​
From my local retail I can't sort out the difference, but have not seen any differences these given instructions.

hi i got this after a fail in 10.8.5 combo even before i reboot it i got a fail in multi beast too ... so can i do ti from command line... can someone upload the pached kext to apply it from terminal is is possible to work ??? please help...

i did that before 3 years in an other hack build and worked by removing from terminal ati*.kexts soits possible ???

i dont remember the commands was some to mount in rw the partition if anyone can fresh my memory is welcome...

i mend something like below... please help

Boot your PC.

Pressing F8 repeatedly.

You see Darwin prompt, now type -S (Enter)

Now, you see something lines, bla bla bla and a prompt.

Now, type:

/sbin/mount -uw / (Enter)

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleIntelCPUPowerManagment.kext (Enter)

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext (Enter)

rm -rf /System/Library/Caches/* (Enter)

reboot (Enter)

Pressing F8 repeatedly. (Again)

In Darwin prompt, type -v (Enter) (this for verbose mode)

See it boot fine without errors.

Yes I am having the same problem with the 10.8.5 AppleINtelCPUPowerManagement.kext

I have tried using a fully working of 10.8.4 and did a combo update to 10.8.5
and I have also tried a fresh new install. I used the latest multibeast to patch the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext for 10.8.5

No luck here.. I can only boot with -v -x...

Now I have to use my original 10.8.4 which is a solid install until someone else in the forum helps us out ?

Syngate? What are your steps for the 10.8.5 patching.....? Can you share?

Thanks

BD

Hello all.

I must be missing something obvious, because I can get this to work.

What I've done so far :
. bought a Intel DC3217IYE (dual HDMI) with 64GB SSD and 8GB RAM (2x4GB)
. bought MountainLion (and downloaded the last version, this morning)
. created a bootable USB key (8GB) with UniBeast and ML
. upgraded to last BIOS
. setup the BIOS with AHCI SATA, 128MB for HD4000 and disabled "UEFI Boot" ("Legacy Boot" enabled)

I boot on the USB key and do the ML setup. Everything seems to happen nicely, setup is fully performed.

Rebooting on SSD gives "Reboot and Select proper Boot device"...

Rebooting on the USB key works, I get the Chimera device selection, I can select the SSD.
Once booted, I have the grey screen with Apple logo and spinning wheel and... That's all.
It stays there, wheel spinning.

When booting with -x, I got it to boot till the end of ML setup.
I did ML configuration, MultiBeast configuration, installed Chimera, everything seemed OK.

Then rebooted on SSD, same issue: "Reboot and Select proper Boot device"...

Once booted (through the USB key to choose the SSD), I get to the OS without additional issue.

What did I do wrong and/or forgot?

Answering to myself: re-enabling UEFI boot in the BIOS seems the way to go, I'm now booting on the SSD!

Now all I need is to get rid of the "please choose 16, 32 or 64MB for HD4000 - Press any key" message on boot...

For anyone interested, I did not put a WiFi card in the NUC but I'm using this BT dongle:
http://dx.com/p/ultra-mini-bluetooth-2-1-edr-usb-2-0-dongle-37665

Is it right that quartz extreme hadn't work at 10.8.5 ?

well after i had a fail on my compo update to 10.8.5 iused a live usb ubuntu 10.10 to copye the appleintelmanagment.kext... all done ok now i booted on the system but... i lost the hdmi sound...

from the OP i used the zip file with the framebuffer.kext and fixed permissions reboot... and i have sound

but after 3-4 minutes i have a crackle sound and gets worst all the time... in youtube in mp3 movies all...

what i hve to do update check....

PS 1 my about mac --- says 10.8.5 but in updates i get 10.8.5 as an update ... can i run the compo again or make the OTA update...

PS 2 i will make a guide for how to fix copy paste kexts by mounting the hfs+ journaled partition on ubuntu 10.10 live cd usb etc.... :) thanks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back