Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
diabolo said:
Hi,
i dont know why but i cant reboot or shutdown my computer after i edit NVDAGF100Hal.kext with device id: 1080 for my GTX 580

there is a way to get it back?

I was kind of having this issue.. I used a modified version from kexts.com in the end and used kextbeast to install then.. Then grabbed the developers cuda drivers. Finally I ran multi beast for lion one last time. (Not sure if I should have but I removed my extras folder from a previous run of multibeast first).

I simply reinstalled whenever something crapped out though.

I just need to get sound working through hdmi now... :)

Got 10.7.2 installed after much head scratching ?? only to discover my 2nd 570 card must be removed for it to boot? I had both running fine under 10.7.1? I got the latest netkas kext and while everything seems to work ok with the 1 now when i boot up windows i have to add the card each time :( any one hear of a way to make this work?? or just a waiting game?

vic

victorcan said:
Got 10.7.2 installed after much head scratching ?? only to discover my 2nd 570 card must be removed for it to boot? I had both running fine under 10.7.1? I got the latest netkas kext and while everything seems to work ok with the 1 now when i boot up windows i have to add the card each time :( any one hear of a way to make this work?? or just a waiting game?

vic

There was some guide here in these forum, where you could define your cards ids as patent and child. Please let me know, if you find a way.

smolderas said:
victorcan said:

vic

There was some guide here in these forum, where you could define your cards ids as patent and child. Please let me know, if you find a way.

Ive been looking but can't seem to find anything with define your cards ids as patent and child here or on google except this thread lol... maybe master / slave ? I donna Id be very pleased to find it though.. anyone seen this ??

I installed the 1.4.1 chimera because I need it for the sound card, 10.7.2 loaded only with the-v with NVDAGF100Hal (gtx570)
No video setup for this

I have a fully working EVGA HC2 GTX 580 FTW working in Lion.

Attachments

• Screen1.jpg
    Screen1.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 350
I having some difficulties in getting my GTX 570 to work (Gainward device id = 1081, 24" Samsung connected through HDMI)

I did the editing in the NVDAGF100Hal.kext
Have in my org.Chameleon.boot.plist:
GraphicsEnabler=yes
PCIRootUID=1

Used the ATY kext file (not sure about the exact name).

I only get 1 resolution. Default I got 1024x768 (black bars around the screen). Then I added Graphics Mode = 1920x1080 to the boot.plist. Result I got 1280x1024 resolution (black bars still there).

- Youtube movies are a no go
- Chess game is working
- Card is Showing up correctly in System Profiler

Not sure what is the problem. Can anybody help me out.

I got my MSI GTX560 (non Ti) working. Full res with CL (tested it with LexMark).Only under Graphics Card in Sys Profiler it says Unknown Card.

What I did:
A clean Lion 10.7 install with UniBeast,updated it to 10.7.2(11C72) with combo update. Then i used Multibeast 4.0.3 for UserDSDT and some additional kexts install.

Following this guide http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofive ... 60074.html

I went to S/L/E --> NVDAGF100Hal.kext and edited info.plist

<string>
0x06c010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0dc010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x0e2010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0ee010de&amp;0xffe0ffff
0x0f0010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x104010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x124010de&amp;0xffc0ffff
0x120110de&amp;0xffe0ffff --> added ID for GTX560
</string>

you can do the same for other GTX5xx cards

Device IDs:

1200 is GTX560Ti
1201 is GTX560
1251 is GTX560M
1081 is GTX570
1080 is GTX580
1088 is GTX590

added it with KextHelper,rebuilt cache and permissions,rebooted.

That's how i got my resolution working. Guide for enabling CL from netkas.org didn't work for me probably beacuse it's for antoher GFX5xx cards.So i looked further and found this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index. ... pic=266318

Although it's for GTX560 Ti I gave it a try.

Copied GeForceGLDriver.bundle(from my S/L/E) to desktop and hex edited libclh.dylib with HexFiend

search for
8B 87 1C 0C 00 00 89 06 8B 87 20 0C 00 00 89 02
and replace with
31 C0 FF C0 FF C0 89 06 31 C0 89 02 90 90 90 90

After that again used KextHelper to install GeForceGLDriver.bundle(from my desktop) , rebuilt caches and permissions,rebooted.

Started LexMark and :headbang: it's working like a charm!

Tried various other options like already hex edited GeForceGLDriver.bundle and NVDAGF100Hal.kext from osx86.net,ATY_init ,NVEnabler and stuff .Nothing helped like this - just go to your S/L/E folder and edit these files. GeForceGLDriver.bundle was there by default but I'm not sure for NVDAGF100Hal.kext if not just download and add with KextHelper.

Remember to rebulid caches and permissions.

Now I'm trying to solve my Unknown Card problem cause it annoys me,although everything is working

Ok then. Decided to do a fresh install. So installed Lion 10.7.2, not patch just that release from the App Store installed using Unibeast. Once completed I used MultiBeast 4.0.3 and installed Easy Beast. Rebooted. Without changes to anything 'About my Mac' already recognizes my GTX 570 with the right amount of ram. But resolution is only 1024x768. So I edited the Info.plist with my device ID. Used the Kext utility to reinstall the Kext. Rebooted and I got the loading screen with the grey Apple. After that the screen goes black (like I seen some Apple say in this topic).

I have no idea what approach I should use next time. Did see a new multibeast with the GF100 fermi patches included. Should I use that? And should I reinstall? Because I cant get any kind of GUI back using bootflags like -v -x -GraphicsEnabler=No -Graphics Mode=1024x768x32 npci=0x2000

Can somebody help me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back