Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you have full resolution? Is your card showing up in your about mac? Did you add your card ID like is laid out on the first page?
I have full resolution, the card is detected in about my mac. I did add the device id to nvdafg100hal.kext.

I'm also using a aty_init.kext 'cause i couldn't get resolution to work without it.
And graphicsenabler=yes

---------------

@grazykid

AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext?? I don't know where to add it...?

I added my device id to AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext and now I have 52 fps in cinebench, but osx is still slow, the animations are slow and laggy and there is no ripple effect on dashboard.

Thanks

EDIT: ok maybe it's just my eyes but you can enable the ripple effect by going to mission control and disabling dashboard as space. That will show the ripples.

The animations are smooth except the opening the launchpad animation seems just a little laggy , I guess other people are having this too?

Hi All,

I am struggleing with my first OSX install.. I have 2x gtx580's but currently have only one plugged in two help solve my setup problems.

I have modified my boot.plist with

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>

GraphicsEnabler is set to Yes

and also replaced "NVDAGF100-Hal.kext" and "GeforceGLDriver.bundle" with updated files using Kext Helper b7.

But when I reboot machine I got a white/grey bar in top right hand corner of my screen.. I have yet to get over screen res 1024x768...

User -x -v brings me to a stop at

"NVDAGF100HAL Loaded and Registered"
Rooting via boot-uuid from /chosen: 71B3CA4A-DFDC-39CA-8708-74DFB31C1309 From Path: "uuid, waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><String ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>
still waiting for root device

can anyone help at all!?

Thanks
Tom

coatezy said:
Hi All,

I am struggleing with my first OSX install.. I have 2x gtx580's but currently have only one plugged in two help solve my setup problems.

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>

and also replaced "NVDAGF100-Hal.kext" and "GeforceGLDriver.bundle" with updated files using Kext Helper b7.

But when I reboot machine I got a white/grey bar in top right hand corner of my screen.. I have yet to get over screen res 1024x768...

Rooting via boot-uuid from /chosen: 71B3CA4A-DFDC-39CA-8708-74DFB31C1309 From Path: "uuid, waiting on <dict ID="0"><key>IOProviderClass</key><String ID="1">IOResources</string><key>IOResourceMatch</key><string ID="2">boot-uuid-media</string></dict>

can anyone help at all!?

Thanks
Tom

For what it's worth, the "Graphics mode" fix wrecked me. It would do exactly what your describing and just give me a grey box in the top left corner. I'd try it with out that.

HoochShepherd said:
coatezy said:
Hi All,

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>

can anyone help at all!?

Thanks
Tom

For what it's worth, the "Graphics mode" fix wrecked me. It would do exactly what your describing and just give me a grey box in the top left corner. I'd try it with out that.

Hi,

Thanks I will give that a go tomorrow... I see I have the same motherboard as you. Except I just have the normal non pro version.

Did you need to do anything else apart from leave out the the "Graphics Mode" part?

Tom

Hey everyone! I just installed OSX lion 10.7.2 using UniBeast and everything went well. I am trying to install a GTX 550 TI card now. I followed the directions of going into systems/library/extension/NVDAGF100Hal.kext. I open to show package content then go into contents and there is no info.plist file! I'v been searching online for hour, so I thought I'd post here to see if you guys had any ideas? I do have another macmini and the file does appear there just not in my hackintosh. Should I reinstall?

Same for me.. no info.plist in show content.. but i can edit the file from terminal via nano command...

:?

So did it work when you edited it just through Terminal? If so would you happen to have a link on how to do it?

Thanks

coatezy said:
HoochShepherd said:
coatezy said:
Hi All,

<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string></string>

can anyone help at all!?

Thanks
Tom

Hi,

Thanks I will give that a go tomorrow... I see I have the same motherboard as you. Except I just have the normal non pro version.

Did you need to do anything else apart from leave out the the "Graphics Mode" part?

Tom

Uhm lets see. Edit the NVDAGF100Hal.kext. Make sure you have the actual drivers and cuda stuff installed.. Do the hex edits to get OpenCL going. And the power management fix. I can't really think of much else..

spudsonthejob247 said:
Hey everyone! I just installed OSX lion 10.7.2 using UniBeast and everything went well. I am trying to install a GTX 550 TI card now. I followed the directions of going into systems/library/extension/NVDAGF100Hal.kext. I open to show package content then go into contents and there is no info.plist file! I'v been searching online for hour, so I thought I'd post here to see if you guys had any ideas? I do have another macmini and the file does appear there just not in my hackintosh. Should I reinstall?

Honestly, I'd just try to download one of the already patched files from kexts.com first and install/repair. Worse comes to worse you hose it and have to reinstall, best case it works.

ok... i find a solution for me:

download already modiefied kex for 580GTX from http://www.osx86.net/

swapped kex and rebuild.

Full resolution and so on...

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back