Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok so im getting further.. :) Now boots in to Lion but once I'm there I get my wallpaper then just the loading wheel.. My cursor will show up for a few seconds then back to the loading wheel.. If I then hard shutdown the pc I boots to a grey screen (would say just before desktop) and says. You shut down your computer becuase of a problem.. Then goes on to say would you like to open the apps that were open prior to shutdown.. You can select "open" or cancel. Both options just cause it to loop back to the same message..

Is it worth deleting my extras folder after updating the pre edited kext files and then re run multibeast? Seen on some other posts that this may work.

It feel like its just taunting me now! So close but yet so far! haha.

Is there any help on 525m available?

coatezy said:
Ok so im getting further.. :) Now boots in to Lion but once I'm there I get my wallpaper then just the loading wheel.. My cursor will show up for a few seconds then back to the loading wheel.. If I then hard shutdown the pc I boots to a grey screen (would say just before desktop) and says. You shut down your computer becuase of a problem.. Then goes on to say would you like to open the apps that were open prior to shutdown.. You can select "open" or cancel. Both options just cause it to loop back to the same message..

Is it worth deleting my extras folder after updating the pre edited kext files and then re run multibeast? Seen on some other posts that this may work.

It feel like its just taunting me now! So close but yet so far! haha.

All working great now! :) Thanks HoochShepherd for your help! Only thing that is not working now is sound.. TV hooked up by HDMI. :? Oh then I have to try and get the thing to boot with the second gtx 580 in place.... :lol:

PS just so you know I have sound from the motherboard but nothing from the 580.. To I need to use the VooDooHDA from multi beast!?

Hi,
i dont know why but i cant reboot or shutdown my computer after i edit NVDAGF100Hal.kext with device id: 1080 for my GTX 580

there is a way to get it back?

diabolo said:
Hi,
i dont know why but i cant reboot or shutdown my computer after i edit NVDAGF100Hal.kext with device id: 1080 for my GTX 580

there is a way to get it back?

I was kind of having this issue.. I used a modified version from kexts.com in the end and used kextbeast to install then.. Then grabbed the developers cuda drivers. Finally I ran multi beast for lion one last time. (Not sure if I should have but I removed my extras folder from a previous run of multibeast first).

I simply reinstalled whenever something crapped out though.

I just need to get sound working through hdmi now... :)

Got 10.7.2 installed after much head scratching ?? only to discover my 2nd 570 card must be removed for it to boot? I had both running fine under 10.7.1? I got the latest netkas kext and while everything seems to work ok with the 1 now when i boot up windows i have to add the card each time :( any one hear of a way to make this work?? or just a waiting game?

vic

victorcan said:
Got 10.7.2 installed after much head scratching ?? only to discover my 2nd 570 card must be removed for it to boot? I had both running fine under 10.7.1? I got the latest netkas kext and while everything seems to work ok with the 1 now when i boot up windows i have to add the card each time :( any one hear of a way to make this work?? or just a waiting game?

vic

There was some guide here in these forum, where you could define your cards ids as patent and child. Please let me know, if you find a way.

smolderas said:
victorcan said:

vic

There was some guide here in these forum, where you could define your cards ids as patent and child. Please let me know, if you find a way.

Ive been looking but can't seem to find anything with define your cards ids as patent and child here or on google except this thread lol... maybe master / slave ? I donna Id be very pleased to find it though.. anyone seen this ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back