Contribute
Register

NVIDIA GeForce 5xx Graphics in Lion [TEST]

Status
Not open for further replies.
victorcan said:
I am totally amazed, I have been posting in here for a month now and not one of my posts have been replied to? Have I got leaparcy ( and no I don't mean osx leopard :) or something??? Well with no input to guide me I just deleted and reverted back to 10.7.1 maybe someone will get an answer to this problem in the future...Guess i lose icloud? there's no other option at this point and I cant continue to pull and reset the card not good for me the card or my motherboard :( PM me if someone posts a reply to this quagmire ... Thanks guys

It's ok.. Take a deep breath. I'm guessing either you posted right around the same time as others did and it got flooded out or some one gave a sweeping answer that included you that you didn't realize was to you too.. A few tips to get noticed, don't hesitate to use an avatar. Otherwise it changes constantly and I know atleast I don't really pay attention to names. And secondly, feel free to email people who seem to be in the know. I've had at least 3 or 4 people email me from this thread that we've gotten going.

What exactly is the issue you are having?

***Ok, so I read back and I see what it is now. Probably a big part of the reason there's not been many answers in here is because it's an issue with dual cards around the board, not just this one specific.
People were answering you, some one led you to a thread that you said yourself was over your head. I don't know what to tell you aside from ask them. I've got a single card installed so I've not got any experience with it to help you, and it seems like the other people in this thread asking don't know either. It's a hackintosh, not everything is on demand. I had to live with crappy resolution scales for a while as people worked out how to get the 570 up to par. If you can't pull off what they are suggesting in the other thread you may just want to either stay single gpu or go down to pre-.2.. And again, don't hesitate PMing some one in that thread to see if they can walk ya through it.

victorcan said:
I am totally amazed, I have been posting in here for a month now and not one of my posts have been replied to? Have I got leaparcy ( and no I don't mean osx leopard :) or something??? Well with no input to guide me I just deleted and reverted back to 10.7.1 maybe someone will get an answer to this problem in the future...Guess i lose icloud? there's no other option at this point and I cant continue to pull and reset the card not good for me the card or my motherboard :( PM me if someone posts a reply to this quagmire ... Thanks guys

I've had the exact same issue, but I think it can be resolved with a simple edit to the plist you use to generate GFX strings for your boot.plist... that means no complicated DSDT work (which I also couldn't get to work).

Here's the post that I just came across which should hopefully point you in the right direction: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=237182#p237182

I'm about to give it a shot myself... wish me luck!!

EDIT: IT WORKS! And I also just discovered that if you install these CUDA drivers (not the newer ones), you'll get full CUDA support too!!

HoochShepherd said:
victorcan said:

It's ok.. Take a deep breath. I'm guessing either you posted right around the same time as others did and it got flooded out or some one gave a sweeping answer that included you that you didn't realize was to you too.. A few tips to get noticed, don't hesitate to use an avatar. Otherwise it changes constantly and I know atleast I don't really pay attention to names. And secondly, feel free to email people who seem to be in the know. I've had at least 3 or 4 people email me from this thread that we've gotten going.

What exactly is the issue you are having?

***Ok, so I read back and I see what it is now. Probably a big part of the reason there's not been many answers in here is because it's an issue with dual cards around the board, not just this one specific.
People were answering you, some one led you to a thread that you said yourself was over your head. I don't know what to tell you aside from ask them. I've got a single card installed so I've not got any experience with it to help you, and it seems like the other people in this thread asking don't know either. It's a hackintosh, not everything is on demand. I had to live with crappy resolution scales for a while as people worked out how to get the 570 up to par. If you can't pull off what they are suggesting in the other thread you may just want to either stay single gpu or go down to pre-.2.. And again, don't hesitate PMing some one in that thread to see if they can walk ya through it.

Thanks for the reply... I have been on a breathing machine with this os lol .... Im sorry for coming off smug , just so frustrating... I have been at this for a month now and made the horrendous mistake of installing 10.7.2.. I did a clean instill of 10.7.1 (20x last night lol) and now can't get the second card working in that either??? I know the cards are fine cause they work flawlessly in windows??? why would it work and now not work uggggggggg I need a life support machine for my breathing....

sparkyboy767 said:
victorcan said:

I've had the exact same issue, but I think it can be resolved with a simple edit to the plist you use to generate GFX strings for your boot.plist... that means no complicated DSDT work (which I also couldn't get to work).

Here's the post that I just came across which should hopefully point you in the right direction: http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?p=237182#p237182

I'm about to give it a shot myself... wish me luck!!

EDIT: IT WORKS! And I also just discovered that if you install these CUDA drivers (not the newer ones), you'll get full CUDA support too!!

Wooo hoo gonna try now thanks for the direction so glad to hear it working.. Did you use the settings provided for the pci address or did you have to find custom lines???

Relax. There is a solution. All you need to do is add the GFX strings as per the link in my post and it should work perfectly. I'm typing this from 10.7.2 with 2 x GTX 570 cards running. :)

victorcan said:
Wooo hoo gonna try now thanks for the direction so glad to hear it working.. Did you use the settings provided for the pci address or did you have to find custom lines???

You need to work out your own PCI addresses as per Aquamans Dual GFX Cards Guide (google it)...

Then just change use my plist code (below - paste into Text Edit and save as a plist), change the PCI values and use GFX utility (as per Aquamans guide) to generate a hex number, then add it to your boot.plist:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>@0,compatible</key>
<string>NVDA,NVMac</string>
<key>@0,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@0,name</key>
<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>
<key>@1,compatible</key>
<key>@1,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@1,name</key>
<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>
<key>@2,#adress-cells</key>
<string>0x01000000</string>
<key>@2,#size-cells</key>
<string>0x00000000</string>
<key>@2,compatible</key>
<string>NVDA,sensor-parent</string>
<key>@2,device_type</key>
<string>NVDA,gpu-diode</string>
<key>@2,hwctrl-params-version</key>
<string>0x02000000</string>
<key>@2,hwsensor-params-version</key>
<key>@2,name</key>
<string>sensor-parent</string>
<key>@2,reg</key>
<key>NVCAP</key>
<data>
BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=
</data>
<key>NVPM</key>
<data>
AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==
</data>
<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>
<data>
UAAAAA==
</data>
<key>device_type</key>
<string>NVDA,Parent</string>
<key>model</key>
<string>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570</string>
<key>name</key>
<key>rom-revision</key>
<string>3172a</string>
</dict>
<key>PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1,0x1)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
<dict>
<key>@0,compatible</key>
<key>@0,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@0,name</key>
<string>NVDA,Display-A</string>
<key>@1,compatible</key>
<key>@1,device_type</key>
<string>display</string>
<key>@1,name</key>
<string>NVDA,Display-B</string>
<key>@2,#adress-cells</key>
<string>0x01000000</string>
<key>@2,#size-cells</key>
<string>0x00000000</string>
<key>@2,compatible</key>
<string>NVDA,sensor-parent</string>
<key>@2,device_type</key>
<string>NVDA,gpu-diode</string>
<key>@2,hwctrl-params-version</key>
<key>@2,hwsensor-params-version</key>
<key>@2,name</key>
<string>sensor-parent</string>
<key>@2,reg</key>
<key>NVCAP</key>
<data>
BAAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAABwAAAAA=
</data>
<key>NVPM</key>
<data>
AQAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA==
</data>
<key>VRAM,totalsize</key>
<data>
UAAAAA==
</data>
<key>device_type</key>
<string>NVDA,Child</string>
<key>model</key>
<string>NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570</string>
<key>name</key>
<key>rom-revision</key>
<string>3172a</string>
</dict>
</dict>
</plist>

your the man.. thanks so much for the help here.. I rebooted with both cards installed :) only prob is i lost my resolutions only 1024x768 is offered but I'm getting closer i think any reason it would remove all my other res's? I run 2560x 1600 native?

Thanks so much again for your help

should i be editing the com.apple.boot.plist or the org.chameleon.boot.plist or both?? i don't have to mess with the nvidia hal kexts or ati.init right??

*EDIT* Got it did it to my chameleon boot.plist file and bam It was up and running :)

thanks so much for helping me out and Im sure many others :)

Hello everyone!

Did anyone test GTS 450 with id 1245 under 10.7?

By card id it looks like gts 550 ti not 450 gts and GPU-Z showed it like GF116 chip

In 10.6.8 with edited gf100 kext it doesnt work, it was before 10.7 released. I didnt test it under lion and think about back exchange with friend to that card

joshhh said:
Hello everyone!

Did anyone test GTS 450 with id 1245 under 10.7?

By card id it looks like gts 550 ti not 450 gts and GPU-Z showed it like GF116 chip

In 10.6.8 with edited gf100 kext it doesnt work, it was before 10.7 released. I didnt test it under lion and think about back exchange with friend to that card

I'm some how confused by this whole post. I've read it like 3 times and see nothing wrong with it, but there's just something about it thats not registering.

Ok, so do you currently have a 450 and can't get it to work or are you wondering if it will? I'd be amazed at this point if you can't get any of these cards to run either SL or Lion. As far as the ID, I have no idea. I know that even among the same cards people were having to use slight variations of IDs based on makers.

Ok, not I could be completely wrong on this but... I believe with Lion and the latest Chim the 400's work natively as long as you have graphicsenabler=yes. I've not tried this, and I don't remember who/where I saw some one say it but I'm just throwing this out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back