Giacomoleopardo's Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi Build for DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks, im not at home right now.

but i will do in a few hours, thanks!!
by the way im in Argentina!

thanks for the help

Hi Giacomo!
i decided to reinstall the os and follow your instructions again, and this time it works! my mistake!

just one question i tried to add the usb3.0 patch to dsdt, but i can see usb multiples under PJALM Intel7 (what i see is General fixes, sata, smbus, lpc, add MCHC, intel gigabit ehternet, realtek gigabit ethernet, usb power)

thanks for all

Hi Giacomo!
i decided to reinstall the os and follow your instructions again, and this time it works! my mistake!

just one question i tried to add the usb3.0 patch to dsdt, but i can see usb multiples under PJALM Intel7 (what i see is General fixes, sata, smbus, lpc, add MCHC, intel gigabit ehternet, realtek gigabit ethernet, usb power)

thanks for all
I'm glad it works!
Multiplex patch is under Intel 7, but lately I noticed an issue in the patch itself. PJALM is working on it, just wait he fixes it up!

Allmost done the multiplexe fixes.

The new patching methods i am using is taking a lot longer to fix my patches then I had thought but worth it in the end for me.

I would luv if you could get me a 'clean' DSDT and ioreg for this board so i could make a all-in-one patch for the repos. I just added a GA, ASRock and MSI repo, Zotac is next.

Hi Thierry, I used a canon reflex EOS 550 D to shoot, and Final Cut Pro X to edit

Thanks for the info.
I would love to see more of these videos, for our builds. It's really "speaking" to me, to see in image.

Giacomo thanks again for your reply really useful!!!
just another question. its anyway to boot chimera from a partition different from system?

PJALM i will send you tonight a clean dsdt, just to know I extract it with MaciASL?

thanks both!

Allmost done the multiplexe fixes.

The new patching methods i am using is taking a lot longer to fix my patches then I had thought but worth it in the end for me.

I would luv if you could get me a 'clean' DSDT and ioreg for this board so i could make a all-in-one patch for the repos. I just added a GA, ASRock and MSI repo, Zotac is next.
You need me to extract ioreg with DSDT=Null or with proper dsdt enabled?

Thanks for the info.
I would love to see more of these videos, for our builds. It's really "speaking" to me, to see in image.
Soon a new video!:thumbup:

i will send you tonight a clean dsdt, just to know I extract it with MaciASL?

thanks both!
You're welcome, faduba!
I don't have GA Z77N WiFi anymore, so could you provide PJALM a "clean"dsdt.aml and ioreg dump? Here's the steps:
  • Boot with DSDT=Null in Chimera. If you can't reach desktop type "DSDT=Null -x" (without quotes)
  • Open MaciASL and it will automatically open up a clean dsdt
  • save it as "Clean dsdt.aml" (add extension manually) ---> File Format: ACPI Machine Language Binary
  • zip the file and attach it in a new post (in this thread would be appropriate!)
  • download from here IORegistryExplorer (attached in to the post #1 of toleda's thread)
  • unzip it and copy IORegistryExplorer to your Applications folder
  • open IORegistryExplorer and go to File/Save a Copy As and save it as IOReg GA Z77N WiFi
  • zip it and attach it here
I don't know if PJALM needs IOReg copy from a DSDT=Null booted system or just a normal IOReg copy from the edited DSDT. I'd say we wait his answer! ;)
Or perhaps we can provide both IOReg dump, one from DSDT=Null and one from normal boot

its anyway to boot chimera from a partition different from system?
Yes you can add this to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist
Code:
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>NAME OF PARTITION YOU WANT TO BE FIRST</string>

For instance, let's say I want my Windows partition to be my first choice from chimera screen, I'll add this
Code:
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>Windows</string>

PJALM, in the file attached you'll find clean dsdt.aml, ioreg dump with DSDT=Null and ioreg dump with working DSDT for
  • ASRock Z77E ITX
  • Zotac Z77 ITX WiFi
  • Gigabyte GA Z77-DS3H
Please note that in ASRock I changed stock wifi card with Atheros AR9280, in Zotac there is Atheros AR9285 and in Gigabyte I have TP-LINK TL-WDN4800
Other notes
  • In ASRock Z77E your new patch is not working on ASMedia usb controller and I guess you are aware of that.
  • For ASMedia controller I installed the last Zenith432's GenericUSBXHCI USB 3.0 but still after sleep the usb device disconnect and auto connected with the usual message (As a matter of fact PXSX is still missing in RP07 in DSDT, I know you know).
  • Intel controller doesn't seem to be affected, though.
  • Your new asrock patch doesn't take care of long wake from sleep either. To fix that simply remove \_SB.PCI0.LPCB.SIOW (Arg0) from DSDT. EDIT: Fixed by PJALM, :clap:
  • For Zotac patches, maybe you'll find useful my guide, where I explain what I did to make the DSDT fully functional

I hope this could be useful :thumbup:

Attachments

• PJALM.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 94
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back