Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi Build for DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roberto, no worries at all!
I'm glad your rig works.
About cuda, I'm not an expert about this, but for Gigabyte build with GTX 650TI I downloaded and installed from here version 5.0.45. A few days ago nVidia released new version 5.0.59. Unfortunately I can't test those anymore, the rig went back to its owner. I don't see why they shouldn't work, though. In this post there is an interesting procedure to enable CUDA in Adobe CS6: I've tested, and it works with zero issues!.
Have fun!

Hi Giacomo,
Great build description.

Sorry if I ask about something else than the hack itself. :D
I loved the time-lapsed video. What did you use for the pictures and for the editing?
It's a great way to see all the process. I really enjoyed it.

Hi Giacomo,
Great build description.

Sorry if I ask about something else than the hack itself. :D
I loved the time-lapsed video. What did you use for the pictures and for the editing?
It's a great way to see all the process. I really enjoyed it.
Hi Thierry, I used a canon reflex EOS 550 D to shoot, and Final Cut Pro X to edit

Hello.

Nice build you got there, i have the same mobo and are about to build my first hackintosh.
A few questions if you dont mind folk :)
My components are: GA-Z77N-WIFI, Intel 3750K, 16GB Kingston DDR3, Intel 335 180GB SSD, Corsair Force 3 240GB SSD.
I will be using for starters atleast the Intel HD4000, GPU at somepoint in the future.

1. Is a wired apple keyboard required for the install process ?
At the moment i have an original bluetooth apple keyboard in use for my MB-Air+External display, and somewhere a Microsoft wireless keyboard set working with IR, can i use an of these i allready got ?

2. Is there any difference in wich of the SSD's ill be using as a boot drive. My plans was to use the 180GB Intel, the larger one would be for my Lightroom work, and photo storage. Sure there is performance difference between the drives but anything critical considering the OSX operation ? Like "Also, choose 512B format drives. 4K advanced format drives will not work with the bootloader without workarounds" <- Copied from the Buyers Guide. Any issue with my drives ?

3. Will the Lan port work ? and can i do AirPlay over lan, if other devices are in my same wifi ? I might be getting the
DELL Wireless Card DW 1510 BCM94322HM8L This one should work, if installed later ?

4. The Bluetooth Dongle, the one used in this thread cant really be found in local stores here.
So i did order a different Belkin Bluetooth 4.0 USB-Adapter, some cheap one.
This One:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-USB-4-0-Bluetooth-Adapter/dp/B009IQB3US
Any idea of that working ?

So thats what im wondering here before starting my build, mainly that do i need to buy a wired keyboard now, wich i will only use for the install proces.. A 8GB USB-Stick i've got for the install. Also so this MOBO can be running without any of the KEXT messing around with ?
I really dont need sleep function, mainly just audio over Optical or Bluetooth Or streamed over AirPlay to AppleTV/Speakers.

I do have a Win8 licence on a other usb that i might install if i cant get my HACK working, wich i would really like :)

Thank You for Reading.

Hello.

Nice build you got there, i have the same mobo and are about to build my first hackintosh.
A few questions if you dont mind folk :)
Hi Dyna, and welcome to this forum!

1 - Apple keyboard is not mandatory to install OSX, you'll need just a wired generic keyboard. Neither BT keyboard nor IR keyboard will work to start up the system (as far as I know). Once your system is settle down, you'll be able to use your bluetooth one. Can't really say for the IR one (wether Microsoft or any other brand), I guess you must install a IR reciever.

2 - I have no experience with any of your SSDs. I think they're going to work pretty well, though! Checking nominal specs, Corsair seems to offer better performance than Intel, so I would use the first one to install OSX, but it's your choice, the both of them will work great. I don't think you're gonna have troubles, but usually the 4K issue can be solved with this very easy procedure.

3 - Lan will work with Realtek - Lnx2Mac's RealtekRTL81xx.kext you'll find in MultiBeast (see step #2 of installation process in post #1) and yes, Airplay will work with lan if other devices are on the same wifi. Actually I have both lan and wifi on my hack, but disabling my wifi connection and leaving just the lan network gives me Airplay working (tested with iPhone 5 and Reflector App - I don't have Apple TV). Anyway, in this thread BCM94322HM8L is reported as fully supported, I've never tried it but I guess it'll work properly.
Belkin bluetooth 4.0 should work as well, but pay attention: maybe not in bios and chimera screen! That means if you want to get into bios or choose windows partition in chimera, you'll have to get a BT dongle that works there (or just use a wired keyboard when powering on your machine). I can assure you that Belkin F8T016 does the job. BTW, if you're based in UK, here's a good chance to get it.

Follow the guide, sleep is going to work as well. And, of course, ask anything you need to know. Hope this helps.
Cheers
G.

Thank You for a quick reply! :thumbup:

Good to know that i can just buy a cheap usb keyboard for the install process.

I did cancel my order on the Belkin 4.0 Bluetooth adapter, and did order the eBay one you linked.
I live in Finland so the postages are ok for that.

I will have to check that wifi card, i really dont need it atm so maybe in the future.
That one will also have to be via eBay order, seems like cant find here in Finland.

Thank You once again, now i think i might even get "great success" with my build :D

Will be in touch if more help needed, or at least when i have a working build.

Best: Dyna.

Hi giacomo, thanks for the ga z77n wifi's guide.
Just one question, maybe you could help me. I can't manage to get we/ci in my evga 650ti 2gb (ml 10.8.3r
Can you help me with this one.
And also I can't boot without -x

Thanks

Hi giacomo, thanks for the ga z77n wifi's guide.
Just one question, maybe you could help me. I can't manage to get we/ci in my evga 650ti 2gb (ml 10.8.3r
Can you help me with this one.
And also I can't boot without -x

Thanks
Hi faduba, have you got a dsdt? Which other components do you have?

HI, Giacomo.

My specs are

Ga H77n wifi
intel i7 3770k
EVGA GTX650Ti 2gb (is not the boos model)

i tried with nvidia drivers and nothing, it recognize the card (it shows as a code number instead of displaying the real name) but i can't get qe/ci.

could you give you dsdt,ssdt ant plists?

thanks!

Download Maciasl from here, unzip, open it up and it will create a virgin dsdt. Save it as "virgin dsdt.aml" (add extension manually) and choose File Format ---> ACPI Machine Language Binary. Zip it and attach it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back