Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi Build for DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very good. We have found that the ram issue is only cosmetic and that there is no way to solve the one of the Asmedia USB. Nothing to worry about. Now I have only to solve the problem of kernel panic when I boot from the GTX 650ti set as the main GPU in the bios. Good to know that is normal that GFX always shows underscan bios images. I don't know if there is the same issue reaching the desktop because I've never reached it. I did some shots of the kernel panic and will try to post. (How did you take the shots of the bios?)
I can only say that the initial screen of chimera is underscanned too. I think I have to put some flag in org.chameleon.boot.plist or I have to try with other System definition like MacPro 3.1.
If You came here, remember, the minigolf in Lignano Pineta not Sabbiadoro (Bleah) LOL
Ciao e grazie per tutto
Roberto
(Now I have to learn how to insert images the way you do it)

Attachments

• KP.jpg
    KP.jpg
    615.6 KB · Views: 269
Very good. We have found that the ram issue is only cosmetic and that there is no way to solve the one of the Asmedia USB. Nothing to worry about. Now I have only to solve the problem of kernel panic when I boot from the GTX 650ti set as the main GPU in the bios. Good to know that is normal that GFX always shows underscan bios images. I don't know if there is the same issue reaching the desktop because I've never reached it. I did some shots of the kernel panic and will try to post. (How did you take the shots of the bios?)
I can only say that the initial screen of chimera is underscanned too. I think I have to put some flag in org.chameleon.boot.plist or I have to try with other System definition like MacPro 3.1.
If You came here, remember, the minigolf in Lignano Pineta not Sabbiadoro (Bleah) LOL
Ciao e grazie per tutto
Roberto
(Now I have to learn how to insert images the way you do it)

Roberto, please note that those are just geusses, I can't prove ram issue is just cosmetic! Neither Asmedia issue being unfixable. We'll see!
Here is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist, as you can see I don't have GraphicsEnabler flag, that is equal to GraphicsEnabler=No, set your display resolution (mine is about 27"Apple Cinema Display), if you have generated SSDT with PikeRAlpha script, you'll need DropSSDT Yes, and furthermore delete enable cstates and pstated (ssdt takes care about that)
Code:
<key>DropSSDT</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Graphics Mode</key>
	<string>2560x1440x32</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<string>mach_kernel</string>
	<key>Legacy Logo</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
	<key>Timeout</key>
	<string>2</string>
	<key>UseKernelCache</key>
	<string>Yes</string>
With your hardware, Mac Pro 3,1 SysDef is totally not the right choice. Mac Mini 6,2 is the best match for Ivy Bridge Power Management at this time

Oh, by the way, to catch bios screenshot, insert a usb flash drive (fat format) boot into bios then press F12, the screenshot will be saved on usb.
I upload my screenshot into my albums, then I copy the picture BB Code that shows up when you see your uploaded pictures.
In OSX, to capture just one window, not only a portion of the screen (or even the full one) press cmd+maiusc+4, then press space bar and you can choose wich window you want to capture :thumbup:

One last thing: If you won't come to a solution for gfx, I'd suggest a radical install (just a new partition, of course, you don't want to erase your actual one) to see what happen! If it works at least you can't blame the graphic card :geek:

Had to be a joke. What I meant is that, for my needs, those are not the problems. I prefer to think that it is a cosmetic issue and enjoy my Hackintosh, rather than spend the time to find a solution that maybe there is not. It 's like the underscan of the bios. Now that I know that is so, it does not bother me, whereas before I thought I had done something wrong and it's like a worm in the brain.
Once again thank you, this time for the suggestions regarding the screenshot and yes, the next thing I want to try is a clean install of ML.
I'll let you know about my progress

Had to be a joke. What I meant is that, for my needs, those are not the problems. I prefer to think that it is a cosmetic issue and enjoy my Hackintosh, rather than spend the time to find a solution that maybe there is not. It 's like the underscan of the bios. Now that I know that is so, it does not bother me, whereas before I thought I had done something wrong and it's like a worm in the brain.
Once again thank you, this time for the suggestions regarding the screenshot and yes, the next thing I want to try is a clean install of ML.
I'll let you know about my progress
I see your point. However I have to keep in mind that other guys could read this post and take those infos as 100% correct. That must not happen. Anybody has to know things the way they really are!
Anyway... I'll wait your results, keep me up to date!
Un abbraccio
G.

You're absolutely right and I apologize. This reminds me of a phrase my grandfather used to say " Se no tu sas, tas"If you don't know, shut up"

Giacomo forget my last post. The GFX650ti is working flawlessy and, of course, the kernel panics were my fault.The fact is that, to set the graphics card in the bios, I have referred to the guide for the gigabyte, where, despite PEG has been selected, the shared memory of IGFX is always set to 32. Probably with the gigabyte that is irrelevant, but with the Asrock causes kernel panic. You have to choose Auto.
Having established this, the best configuration, in my opinion, is the one with the integrated graphics set as primary, because you have all the advantages of both.
Only drawback is that, if you don't have a dual display system, you have always tu plug the monitor on the motherboard to see the system booting.
I hope it will be useful to someone.
Un salutone
Roberto

if you don't have a dual display system, you have always tu plug the monitor on the motherboard to see the system booting
In my guide, post #1, bios screenshot #7
Advanced\North Bridge Configuration: for Intel HD 4000 integrated graphics choose Onboard. If you have discrete graphic card choose PCI Express. Attention: leave VT-d Disabled and Share Memory 32 MB (don't worry: it will not affect the real amount of your ram seen by OSX), otherwise the system will not boot.
In Gigabyte mobo it's slightly different, but quite the same concept:
With Graphic card installed select PEG as Init Display First, Auto or Disabled in Internal Graphics and 32 or 64 in Internal Graphics Memory Size.
With those configs, you can boot from Graphic Card without issues (beside underscan, if you want to call it issue"). All the screenshots has been taken from working configuration!

Ciao Giacomo,
First of all I apologize for my bad english and because of this, perhaps, I have not explained well. I hope you did not see some criticism in my words, on the contrary, your guides are absolutely perfect and you're right when you say that "With Those configs, you can boot from Graphic Card without issues". I only wanted to let you know that I made the mistake of following the guide of the Gigabyte to set the Graphic card as primary in the Asrock bios and that, in fact, there was absolutely no issue with GTX650ti.
Can you please tell me what do you think about CUDA-Driver? It's worth to install it?

A presto
Roberto

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back