Contribute
Register

Giacomoleopardo's Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WiFi Build for DB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot for this amazing guide.
I finally managed to fix some USB3 problems on my z77-ds3h thanks to Pjalm fixes!

Hi once again ! :)

So i first now got my second SSD in the mail, the Corsair Force 3.

In the meantime i prepared the upcoming build with a USB install drive with ML
And on a other usb drive i put all the software wich is found in the beginning of this thread.

Should i change any of the software, as i read in the previous posts here: PJALM fixes and clean ioregs ? o_O
Or am i still good the software i did grab from the first links ?

Hi Dyna!
Hopefully, PJALM could make a DSDT combo patch for ga Z77n wifi, but since I haven't it anymore, I need you to provide a "virgin" dsdt.aml. Can you do that?
Basically, follow the install process until the beginning of step#2, then when MaciASL will open the first dsdt, you'll have to save it as "clean dsdt.aml"(add extension manually) and choose as File Format ---> ACPI Machine Language Binary
Then zip it and attach it here. As soon as PJALM will make the combo patch I'll update the guide

EDIT: No need to do that... soon I'll update the guide with pjalm combo patch!

Hi Giacomo, one question about sata in H77n wifi (i guess it would be the same for z77n).
Im using the 4 sata slots, but when i get to the system report, both 6gb/s slots are negotiated as 3gb/s hdds. I have two ocz ssd solid 3 wich is compatible with 6gb/s speeds (and they all figure as Intel 7 series)

maybe there's an dsdt patch that i'm missing

any clue about this?

thanks

Hi Giacomo, one question about sata in H77n wifi (i guess it would be the same for z77n).
Im using the 4 sata slots, but when i get to the system report, both 6gb/s slots are negotiated as 3gb/s hdds. I have two ocz ssd solid 3 wich is compatible with 6gb/s speeds (and they all figure as Intel 7 series)

maybe there's an dsdt patch that i'm missing

any clue about this?

thanks
I guess there's something to patch in dsdt. Let's wait PJALM combo patch for your mobo so you can test it, ok?I believe soon he will upload that! he's working hard to do so.

EDIT: The combo patch is up. Try to patch it from a clean dsdt, and don't forget to patch it for your graphics (see PJALM patch for graphics or toleda's one). Please report results!

thanks!!!. You and Pjalm work really hard!!

i'll try it as soon I get to my home. Do I have to add a new source to MaciASL? Do I have to combine this patch with the ones in your guide?

thanks again.

thanks!!!. You and Pjalm work really hard!!

i'll try it as soon I get to my home. Do I have to add a new source to MaciASL? Do I have to combine this patch with the ones in your guide?

thanks again.
If you don't already have, add the PJALM Gigabyte repo in MaciASL, otherwise you'll find combo patch under that. You must use a clean DSDT (so boot with DSDT=Null in chimera, then once on desktop, open MaciASL and it will open a clean DSDT. Save it as usual, then pach it with PJALM patch. Don't forget to patch it with GFX patch for your system, after that, you can use PJ Graphics patch (it should work, but never tested) or use toleda's one (AMI-AMD-Nvidia-7_series-A1 if you have a discrete card or AMI-HD4000-7_series-A3 if you use onboard graphics hd4000). Put your saved dsdt.aml file (File Format ACPI Machine Language Binary) in Volume\Extra, reboot and check everything. I'll wait your results. :thumbup:

PS: Thank PJALM and SJ_Underwater, I've just only gathered info!

I'll wil let you know once i get home (6 hours from now).
thanks again!

Hi Dyna!
Hopefully, PJALM could make a DSDT combo patch for ga Z77n wifi, but since I haven't it anymore, I need you to provide a "virgin" dsdt.aml. Can you do that?
Basically, follow the install process until the beginning of step#2, then when MaciASL will open the first dsdt, you'll have to save it as "clean dsdt.aml"(add extension manually) and choose as File Format ---> ACPI Machine Language Binary
Then zip it and attach it here. As soon as PJALM will make the combo patch I'll update the guide

EDIT: No need to do that... soon I'll update the guide with pjalm combo patch!

hello and thx for quick reply, im not at home now so i will wait and see how this situation generates :)

So perhaps ill wait for the install still for a while ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back