GA Z77N
Bitfenix Prodigy
GTX 650 TI
Atheros Wlan
Belkin Bluetooth
Samsung 840 250GB SSD
WD 2TB 3,5" HDD

Hi Giacomo,
Yesterday I've finished to build my Hackintosh and then I've swapped (migrated) my SSD from the *old one. That's my experience. First of all, monitor plugged on onboard DVI, booted without SSD directly in the bios (Wow Bluetooth keyboard is working :)))), loaded default, flashed the patched one and at reboot I got a blank screen. It seems *that, if you have installed *a discrete graphic, the bios set it as primary. Plugged the monitor on the GTX 650 Ti and rebooted ( Nahhh Bluetooth keyboard stop working :((() Then i've performed the settings described in your silent pc guide without the cpu part ( I've a *I7 3770 ) and leaving PCI Express as video source.*
Time to install the SSD previously prepared for this build. Deleted the DSDT and changed boot.plist and smbios.plist in Extra, then removed the kext in S/L/E *relative to the old PC and installed the original AppleHDA and AppleRTC plus fakesmc and Ionetworkingfamily. First boot stuck at the spinning wheel, more luck with -x. When on the desktop I create a new DSDT with all patches an put it in Extra, then with multibeast I added audio, USB 3.0 and fakesmc plugins. A late control before rebooting and I note that my Hack is seen as Mac Pro 3.1. In Extra booth org. Chameleon and smbios are of the old Pc although I'm sure I have copied the right ones. Changed booth and rebooted. The theme don't fit the screen and immediately a KP.*After half an hour of unsuccessful attempts with -x -f -v -s DSDT=null and so on, I decided to try with the onboard video card and immediately everything is working perfectly. Resolution, FaceTime, iMessage, iCloud, iTunes, Apple store, audio, Lan, wifi; no issue and if I plug the monitor on the gtx it works flawlessy. That's all for now. What I've to fix are Bluetooth in bios (*Why did it stop working suddenly? ) and the grafic card issue. Any help would be appreciated.*
Ciao Roberto
P.S.
I have 16gb ddr3 1600Mhz but they are seen as 1333. There is a procedure to set it to 1600 or it is enough chose 1600 in the bios?
P.P.S.
I've tried to respond at your PM and I hope you got it because I've got this message.
"Sorry, You should have 50 posts before you can send a new PM now you have 9 posts,
But you can still able to send PM to staff
The Admin."

first up: great build! i used your guide to configure my new hackint0sh... adding hardware monitoring (as described in BitterMelon's Compact Gaming Hybrid Post)

and the usb3.0 /usb2.0 problem with the side ports of the prodigy only exists with windows-formatted drives... my mac-os extended usb-stick works just fine! kinda weird! i connected the sidepanel via the usb2 adapter to the motherboard, keyboards etc also work just fine

anyone got an idea why ntfs drives aren't recognized?

Why have you connected the sidepanel via the usb2 adapter?

Hi Giacomo,
Yesterday I've finished to build my Hackintosh and then I've swapped (migrated) my SSD from the *old one. That's my experience. First of all, monitor plugged on onboard DVI, booted without SSD directly in the bios (Wow Bluetooth keyboard is working :)))), loaded default, flashed the patched one and at reboot I got a blank screen. It seems *that, if you have installed *a discrete graphic, the bios set it as primary. Plugged the monitor on the GTX 650 Ti and rebooted ( Nahhh Bluetooth keyboard stop working :((() Then i've performed the settings described in your silent pc guide without the cpu part ( I've a *I7 3770 ) and leaving PCI Express as video source.*
Time to install the SSD previously prepared for this build. Deleted the DSDT and changed boot.plist and smbios.plist in Extra, then removed the kext in S/L/E *relative to the old PC and installed the original AppleHDA and AppleRTC plus fakesmc and Ionetworkingfamily. First boot stuck at the spinning wheel, more luck with -x. When on the desktop I create a new DSDT with all patches an put it in Extra, then with multibeast I added audio, USB 3.0 and fakesmc plugins. A late control before rebooting and I note that my Hack is seen as Mac Pro 3.1. In Extra booth org. Chameleon and smbios are of the old Pc although I'm sure I have copied the right ones. Changed booth and rebooted. The theme don't fit the screen and immediately a KP.*After half an hour of unsuccessful attempts with -x -f -v -s DSDT=null and so on, I decided to try with the onboard video card and immediately everything is working perfectly. Resolution, FaceTime, iMessage, iCloud, iTunes, Apple store, audio, Lan, wifi; no issue and if I plug the monitor on the gtx it works flawlessy. That's all for now. What I've to fix are Bluetooth in bios (*Why did it stop working suddenly? ) and the grafic card issue. Any help would be appreciated.*
Ciao Roberto
P.S.
I have 16gb ddr3 1600Mhz but they are seen as 1333. There is a procedure to set it to 1600 or it is enough chose 1600 in the bios?
P.P.S.
I've tried to respond at your PM and I hope you got it because I've got this message.
"Sorry, You should have 50 posts before you can send a new PM now you have 9 posts,
But you can still able to send PM to staff
The Admin."

You mean that if you boot with monitor plugged onboard it works ok, and pluggin the monitor into gfx while the pc is still on works ok as well?
If you boot directly with gfx it won't?
Double check on Advanced/North Bridge Configuration/Primary Graphics Adapter in bios: make shure it shows the discrete card not the onboard one.
What bluetooth dongle do you own?
Have you enabled XMP Profile 1 in Bios settings in order to have 1600 MHz? See bios screenshot #4 of this post
No pm recieved from you, sorry, forum restriction. I would have answered!

What I mean is that when i set in the bios the HD4000 as primary booth graphics works flawlessy. Naturally if I plug the monitor on the GTX 650 it is working only when ML reach the desktop. The problem is when I set the GTX as primary in the bios. In that case is KP. I've found some hints in the last post in buckeyes thread. It seems is a Common issue. How have you setup the Gtx on the gigabyte ? Have you performed the osx install with or without the nvidia plugged on the motherboard. It is possible that two different MB don't have the same behavior. As Bluetooth I have two dongles booth from trust a 4 years old 2.1 and a brand new 4.0. All the work was performed with the old one, while I have only tested the new one that is not working in the bios too. Time to think at a belkin. For the RAM I'll controll tomorrow and let you know. At the end I can only say that I'm really very happy with the new hack.
Grazie per l'interessamento
Roberto
P.S
I'm from Lignano sabbiadoro

Since 10.8.3 has been released I have no issue installing osx. On the other hand some people had problems like yours indeed. Maybe I was lucky. In GA-Z77N WiFi I set PEG as primary display, and left Auto for Internal Graphics (disabled works as well, enabled not). I've just assembled+installed a new rig (soon the new guide) with GA Z77X UD5H + GTX 670. I installed OSX in both ways: first without GTX and then with it. In both cases install process went flawless.
I believe it is a bios setting issue. I would give a deep check.
Nice place Lignano! I've been there more than a few times! :)

First of all thanks for the hint regarding the ram. I had no enabled XMP Profile 1. Now the problem is half gone. Ram is properly seen by the bios and for about this mac I have 16gb corsair 1600MHz, but if i look in System Information:Memory I find that the first bank is 1600 and the second is still 1333. Mah! Maybe it is only cosmetic.
Today I have made some trial.
I've flashed the bios with the original one to control if my bluetooth issue was related to the patched one but booth dongle didn't work; maybe I was dreaming of it :).
I can confirm that, with the Z77e-itx, when you have a dedicated GPU installed, the bios choose this one as default and another thing I've noticed is that, when I boot with the monitor connected to the video card and this one is set as primary, the bios screen does not fill the monitor; it is as the card does not have the right resolution. The same thing with the initial screen of chimera. There seems to be something to be set in the bios but I do not understand what. Maybe you can find the magic.

I forgot a few things. I also tried to apply the PJALM patch for Asmedia USB but the Apply button of MaciASL is greyed out for me too. After some searching I've found that, using USB device ID and Vendor ID, our ioreg point to pci1b21,1042@0. Don't know if useful but in any case I do not have the knowledge to move forward.
I wanted to let you know that you'll have to update the guides, cause PJALM has changed the address of its repos. You find the new ones here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/89727-maciasl-patch-repository-thread.html
I'm glad that you know Lignano. Next time you come here, let me know. Eventually you find me at the minigolf of Lignano Pineta and, who knows, maybe you've already been there.

Same behavior here!
56474-memory-2.png
In the other system report it shows both @1600, though
56475-memory-1.png
I guess it's cosmetic, indeed.
HDMI port from GFX always shows underscan bios images (integrated graphics doesn't), if that's your concern. Don't know why. Unfortunately I don't know if and how to solve it. Do you have underscan issue even reaching desktop?
For Asmedia patch, PJALM and SJ_Underwater made me understand that is an issue related to our motherboard. We tried to fix it adding some stuff in dsdt, but no luck. So I'm afraid we've just to deal with the fact that after wake from sleep usb devices connected to asmedia ports will show the message
56476-usb-asmedia.png
unless somebody find a real solution. No big deal, though ;)
Thanks for pointing me in PJ new URL patches. I'm going to update my guides as soon as possible.
This summer I'll be around for a while (I guess), maybe I'll come by minigolf in Lignano, who knows? Ah Ah!

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back