Contribute
Register

Official CustoMac Mini 2011 Guide and Notes (in progress)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not been able to find out if I am going to be able to use unibeast to install LION 10.7 on my mini and then do a normal update to 10.7.4, anyone can tell me please_

thanks

amoretam said:
I have not been able to find out if I am going to be able to use unibeast to install LION 10.7 on my mini and then do a normal update to 10.7.4, anyone can tell me please_

thanks
well, i'm no forum moderator, but you did not purchase your own copy of Lion, so you may not get much help. i think that "borrowing" a friends copy is against the rules here at the forum.

i don't know why you are having trouble finding and buying lion. i can go to apple's website and find it. i can google "how to buy os x lion" and get a direct link to buy it, etc.

as far as i know, mountain lion has not yet been officially released for sale.

what country are you in?

yoyo58 said:
amoretam said:

thanks
well, i'm no forum moderator, but you did not purchase your own copy of Lion, so you may not get much help. i think that "borrowing" a friends copy is against the rules here at the forum.

i don't know why you are having trouble finding and buying lion. i can go to apple's website and find it. i can google "how to buy os x lion" and get a direct link to buy it, etc.

what country are you in?

I am in Dominican Republic and that link does not take me to LION. I dont know what is happening, I just CANT GET TO the download link!!!!!!

I can't be so crazy, where is it, where is it??? i dont see it!!

amoretam said:
yoyo58 said:
amoretam said:

thanks

what country are you in?

I am in Dominican Republic and that link does not take me to LION. I dont know what is happening, I just CANT GET TO the download link!!!!!!

I can't be so crazy, where is it, where is it??? i dont see it!!
i don't know why apple is making it so difficult

when i go to the following link, there is a "Ask Now" button at the top right of the screen for chat help. there is also a toll free telephone number to call.

good luck

oops, here's the link --> http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/s ... ware/apple

chas0001 said:
I have updated my H61N-USB3 to Bios F8 and added the F8 DSDT with HDMI audio. I can confirm that everything is working great. The sleep issue I had on F3, where the computer would restart on wake, has now disappeared.

Thanks you everybody involved for all the hard work. It is much appreciated. :clap:

I have the same mobo .. what did you use to get HDMI audio working?

Thanks

kaizoogi said:
chas0001 said:
I have updated my H61N-USB3 to Bios F8 and added the F8 DSDT with HDMI audio. I can confirm that everything is working great. The sleep issue I had on F3, where the computer would restart on wake, has now disappeared.

Thanks you everybody involved for all the hard work. It is much appreciated. :clap:

I have the same mobo .. what did you use to get HDMI audio working?

Thanks
And here I come with my bombing question:

Is there an issue with hdmi audio on this motherboard that I should know about?

Also, do I have to set my Ram Voltage and timings manually in the Bios just Like I do on a regular PC??

...and last I see that he updated his BIOS to F8, Do you think I should do what he did or should I update just when problems like that are happening?

Thanks

I have all my parts here and I am ready to start building tommorow, I just want to make sure I am clear with this bios flashing thing

z0dac said:
tinos said:
===============
              EDIT

I did a fresh install, same method described below, and it worked perfectly running bios F7 with F7 DSDT.
I've done some stress tests and no KP's yet! This little $300 computer is handling Lion better than my MacBook :D

===============

Hi all, first off here's my build and some installation info:

Build-
Intel Core i3-2105
Gigabyte GA-H61N-USB3
CORSAIR 8GB DDR3
2TB hdd, partitioned 30GB of space for Lion
Monitor Connected via HDMI

Bios settings-
version: F7 / F8
graphics: 384
SATA: AHCI
HPET: 64 bit mode

Installation-
10.7.4 direct installation via unibeast thumb drive method, App Store version.
-v GraphicsEnabler=No

So, I installed the F8 bios at first, installed Lion, and the F8 DSDT and could only get it working with GraphicsEnabler=No,
so I went back and installed the F7 bios, then the F7 DSDT, I was able to start without GraphicsEnabler=No, but I got a kernel panic at some point, so I decided to try for F8 again. Same issue, couldn't get it to work without GraphicsEnabler=No, so I again went back to F7, and now I can only get in with GraphicsEnabler=No.

Any ideas why this might be? Am I able to downgrade the bios, or is this my problem?
Does anyone have a possible solution for me? On a side note, I didn't reinstall Lion after bios changes, I simply re-ran multibeast with the correct DSDT.

This isn't my first build, I've got another that I've been running as my main computer for years without issues, so this is sort of frustrating, I've been working on it for the past 4 nights.

Thanks for any help!
Hi tinos,

since I had the same issue before - I think I can help you.
The problem is, that you use the HDMI port for the installation. That doesn't work. If you use the DVI port it will work without GraphicsEnabler=no.

To get the HDMI port working without GraphicsEnabler it is necessary to use the correct DSDT AND - and that is important - set the System Definition to "Mac Mini" in MultiBeast. After that, it will boot properly even with HDMI and without GraphicsEnabler=no.

If you don't have a DVI cable or DVI capable monitor, just use GraphicsEnabler=no to set everything up with MultiBeast. Most people probably use the DVI port and therefore never experience this problem.

Hope this helps...

Somethign else:
I never got sleep mode working on my H61N-USB3 CustoMac mini either. Everything else works properly. I built a second system for a friend a few days ago - same problem with sleep mode.

Greets
z0dac

So, about this sleeping problem on the H61N-USB3, is this a problem we have to live with??

It seems like z0dac is saying he never got a solution...

Thanks

Today, I upgraded my i3 2105 cpu with an i7 2600K (from a friend who sells his components to buy an ivy bridge mobo and CPU).
I take the opportunity to replace the stock 12cm fan from the sugo sg05 with a be quiet silent wings 2 (1500rpm) and buy a scythe shuriken B to replace the stock intel cpu cooler.
It's incredible: summer in Barcelona and my cpu is at 38ºC at idle.
Geekbench with the i3: 7360
Geekbench with the i7: 12624 :shifty:
With the HD3000, I have ramdomsly lines in safari (with hdmi under vga). I try in the other hdmi and zero lines... I use the rears audio ports.
The next component to upgrade is the hdd for a SSD.

aksolanki said:
Hi, as add-on to my previous post. I've confirmed I'm using version 7 of the MOBO firmware.

Capture-ublSSvutWi.PNG

I've discovered that CPUZ works great in Parallels.

Have fun. Anil

great man thanks for that,
Today I begin with my build uyyy!

So, did you inmediately updated your bios or was your previous bios giving you problems and you had to upate??

are you using the macmini profile with your integrate gpu?

thanks man,

aksolanki said:
amoretam said:
aksolanki said:
Hi, as add-on to my previous post. I've confirmed I'm using version 7 of the MOBO firmware.

Capture-ublSSvutWi.PNG

I've discovered that CPUZ works great in Parallels.

Have fun. Anil

great man thanks for that,
Today I begin with my build uyyy!

So, did you inmediately updated your bios or was your previous bios giving you problems and you had to upate??

are you using the macmini profile with your integrate gpu?

thanks man,
Hi amoretam, I updated to firmware version 7 before I installed OS X. I didn't install version 8 because some folks posted problems running that version.

And yes to your second question. My Mac is listed as a Mac MINI in the system profile.

Have fun. Anil

hey thanks for fast response,

since you are in 10.7.3, what would you do to update to 10.7.4?

would you have to download the combo update, install and then run multibeast again with the same settings as before???\

thanks i am learning here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back