Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Has anyone got USB3.0 ports working correctly on their Z97X-UD5H with El Capitan.

I have been experimenting with the various fixes but all I can get working is a single front USB3.0 port. I have USB2.0 working fine.

Interested to hear what others' experience has been.

Thank you - I had tried all the solutions from rehabman's post but it was only when I read your post I understood that the FakePCIID solution is all that should be necessary for my board.

Could you explain why I need to put the kexts in both 10.10 and 10.11 folders as I no longer boot into Yosemite?

Can I delete these two folders and just use Other for all kexts I want to inject - including FakeSMC?

Could you explain why I need to put the kexts in both 10.10 and 10.11 folders as I no longer boot into Yosemite?

Can I delete these two folders and just use Other for all kexts I want to inject - including FakeSMC?

Clover is supposed to first read the kexts out of the folder named after the current OS release, and only if it doesn't find a folder with a matching number, look in the Other folder. For reasons I don't understand, when installing and/or running El Capitan, Clover sometimes looks at the 10.10 folder and sometimes looks at the 10.11 folder. So if you're using numbered directories, it's best to have copies of your kexts in both.

If you want to avoid that mess, just delete the numbered directories and it will fall back to looking in the Other directory, and then you just need one copy of your kexts (including FakeSMC) in there.

Clover is supposed to first read the kexts out of the folder named after the current OS release, and only if it doesn't find a folder with a matching number, look in the Other folder. For reasons I don't understand, when installing and/or running El Capitan, Clover sometimes looks at the 10.10 folder and sometimes looks at the 10.11 folder. So if you're using numbered directories, it's best to have copies of your kexts in both.

If you want to avoid that mess, just delete the numbered directories and it will fall back to looking in the Other directory, and then you just need one copy of your kexts (including FakeSMC) in there.

Ahhh OK - many thanks for that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back