Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H
CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
RX 570
Hi folks!Been struggling over a month now to get my system back to work. After years of no problems with catalina(before that mavericks), it suddenly freezed one day on bootup. Cause through the years accumulated too much extra stuff on my system, i´ve decided it's time to try to make a fresh start,clean install and try out OC, for the first time.

Hardware error is, for the time being, ruled out. SSD samsung evo is brand new(worked for the last working month), tried windows on it and ran hardware test prompt commands. Everything checked ok. Bios is latest f9. Pretty sure it's some damn driver as it freezed on me also on win 10, only in safe mode i could get in and use what worked. Driver installing gave me problems(chipset) due to it being in safe mode..long story short i want to get osx up and running on it.

Tried Catalina, Big Sur no avail. Shall we try Monterey? I got it installed and this EFI got me the furthest; into the restart and "select region" setup until it freezed. Verbose is passed at that point so no help there. I found that EFI from some other thread here, generated new Smbios with Open Core Config. My own vanilla EFI/OC via tutorial got me nowhere and the computer shut down after i selected my SSD through usb boot.

I´m booting with Igpu, also selected in Bios. Dgpu unplugged. With only 1 ram, mouse and keyboard plugged in. Bios settings as here:

What else to try, change?

Attachments

• EFI smoothest.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 33
  • The EFI that you're is using is OpenCore version 0.7.9 (March 2022) so I ran the OC v0.7.9 ocvalidate and found No Errors
  • I've also checked the Dortania Haswell recommended settings and they all look okay to me .
  • Your motherboard LAN kext is missing from your EFI. Your motherboard has two ethernet ports, 1 of them is Intel and the other is Atheros.
  • Download IntelMausi here and copy the IntelMausi.kext to your Kext folder.
  • Download AtherosE2200Ethernet here copy the AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext to your Kext folder.
  • Launch your config.plist in ProperTree and do a Cmd+R (OC SnapShot) or Ctrl+R on a windows keyboard and Save.
  • Your Resources folder should not be totally empty even though your config is not really utilising it so re-create the following 4 missing folders; Audio, Font, Image, Label to put back inside of Resourses like so ;

1677336569697.png

• If your using macOS Catalina, you might want to change the your MinVersion Number to 1412101001000000 and MinDate Number to 20200306 to ensure that macOS sees and boots your EFI

1677337444132.png

• Re-check your BIOS settings, the recommended settings I'm quoting from Dortania are below;
Disable
  • Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port
  • Parallel Port
  • VT-d (can be enabled if you set DisableIoMapper to YES)
  • Compatibility Support Module (CSM) (Must be off in most cases, GPU errors/stalls like gIO are common when this option is enabled)
  • Thunderbolt (For initial install, as Thunderbolt can cause issues if not setup correctly)
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)(This must be off, if you can't find the option then enable AppleXcpmCfgLock under Kernel -> Quirks. Your hack will not boot with CFG-Lock enabled)
    • For 10.10 and older, you'll need to enable AppleCpuPmCfgLock as well

Enable​

• VT-x
  • Above 4G Decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode (some motherboards may require "Other OS" instead)
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB or higher
  • SATA Mode: AHCI

Dortania OpenCore Guide for Intel Haswell here

P.S. Put ALL of your RAM sticks back into your motherboard

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back