Contribute
Register

Z97X-UD5H-BK / i7-4790K / Radeon Vega 56 - Sonoma

Hello Edhawk,
thank you very much for your response, which as usual, is very understandable and educational.
Good day to you

Hello Edhawk,
thank you very much for your response, which as usual, is very understandable and educational.
Good day to you
Hello Edhawk,
one more small question, each time i start "Sonoma", i have for one or two seconds a message which appears in the "menu bar" and which says "install in progress".
From your point of view, Is this due to a small specific problem or to the age of my configuration ?
Thanks for the reply

The ‘install in progress‘ message that appears will be a specific issue, related to an app that opens or at least tries to open and launch, when the System boots.

You need to look at the apps that are set to launch when your system boots, see if one it to old to run or if an installer has been added to the list of apps, instead of the application.

It won’t be related to your systems age, as I don’t see the same message.

It's actually 'Installer Progress' and it appears at the top left hand side next to the Apple logo.
After a few seconds it disappears.

Many people have reported seeing it, myself included. Not seen since installing 14.2 Beta (23C5047e) though.

The ‘install in progress‘ message that appears will be a specific issue, related to an app that opens or at least tries to open and launch, when the System boots.

You need to look at the apps that are set to launch when your system boots, see if one it to old to run or if an installer has been added to the list of apps, instead of the application.

It won’t be related to your systems age, as I don’t see the same message.
thanks a lot !

Thanks for this, it's working well so far with my GAZ97X-UD5H. One question: when I boot, I get a verbose log before the Mac desktop appears (and OC boot loader never appears). How can I get the Mac to skip the verbose and boot into the boot loader? Sorry - I only update 1x/year and I forget most of what I've learned each time!

To stop the Verbose text from showing during the boot phase, you just need to remove the ‘-v’ boot argument from the config.plist.

To see the OC boot screen you need to make sure that the ‘Timeout‘ entry in the config.plist is set to 5 seconds, or longer. Not sure why this would have changed, as the config.plist in the EFIs I provided all had this entry set to 5 seconds and for OpenCore to use the GUI boot screen.

Yes, you do. Otherwise the verbose text wouldn't show.

Are you sure you are checking and editing the correct config.plist?

Have you used the ResetNvramEntry.efi driver from the OC boot screen? If not use it, as it will clear any old NVRAM entries, such as -v from your setup.
  • Simply boot the system and press the Spacebar when you arrive on the OC boot screen (GUI),
    • This will unhide the tools and drivers contained in your OC setup.
  • Select the ResetNvramEntry.efi and the system should automatically reboot.
  • The next time boot in to macOS as normal.
You may need to check the Bios boot order as clearing the NVRAM can wipe the bios boot order settings. Simply press DEL to enter the BIOS and put your OpenCore or macOS UEFI drive as the first boot disk.

Hi Edhawk ! Thanks a lot for this amazing guide, and the one for SSDTs ! As you know I have some problems that I'm trying to solve, so I have a few questions if you don't mind.
Firstly, I note that your USB3 port are SSP, mine are SSO, is that normal ? Before, I had the first one called "SSP1" and the others "SSO2--4..." but while remapping recently, my SSP1 became also an SSO ... I don't know if this matter at all but I prefer to ask.

Secondly, I'd like to know why you use some of yours SSDTs (knowing I use Catalina for the moment) :
EHCX-OFF : do I need that now that I think my USB mapping is correct ? Or should I restart from scratch my mapping with this enabled ?
FIX-USB : what does it fix ?
SBUS-MCHC : what is this one ?
XOSI : same question, in SSDTTime it was said something about Windows but I didn't catch it

Thank you so much, this build will manage to be me longest lasting Mac :) (it helps that Moore's law doesn't really apply anymore too :)).

Back