Contribute
Register

Z97X-UD3H "AppleKeyStore starting" cant boot in after multibeast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody!
I got the same MOBO (and i7-4790k 8gb, 1 stick of ram, GTX 970 G1) and got the same message recently "AppleKeyStore starting" after messing around with MULTIBEAST bootflags.

Originally I got a successful install of yosemite 10.10.1 and then decided to upgrade to 10.10.2 due to some GTX970 kernel panics to fix them (and to get newer drivers from NVIDIA).
So upgrade went fine, nvidia drivers installed fine.

=> THE PROBLEM - MULTIBEAST BOOTFLAGS!

Not sure what exactly is causing this, but I use this Boot.plist file (attached).
Had to use 10.10.1 back up to salvage this file, and place it in 10.10.2 extras folder.
NOW SYSTEM WORKS GREAT!!! On YOSEMITE 10.10.2!!!!! And its more stable with GTX970 than 10.10.1 ever was...

Hope this helps, I can send the whole EXTRA folder if anybody needs it.

Attachments

• org.chameleon.Boot.plist
    646 bytes · Views: 363
Hitting this with 10.3.

Solution: Turn off Turbo Boost on the CPU.

Found it somewhere.

Hitting this with 10.3.

Solution: Turn off Turbo Boost on the CPU.

Found it somewhere.

This worked for me.

My system:
motherboard: z97x ud5h
CPU: i7-4790k
GPU: using integrated mobo graphics

Installation went fine via Unibeast, and I booted into Yosemite for the initial OS setup just fine. Had no sound, but network worked and graphics looked great. Ran Multibeast with DSDT-free settings plus audio driver.

Upon reboot I got the long hang at "AppleKeyStore starting" followed by kernel panic. Saw this thread and decided to try the "Turbo Boost" solution first as it was the easiest :p

Disabled "Intel Turbo Boost Technology" in BIOS under Advanced CPU Core Settings and re booted. Got right into Yosemite this time, and audio was working but network wasn't :crazy:

Ran Multibeast again selecting just the network driver and rebooted. Now have network, sound, graphics...about to start further testing of stability, etc.

So for anyone who is having a similar KP issue with this setup, try disabling Turbo Boost in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back