Contribute
Register

Z97M-d3h replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am curious why you think that the motherboard has died? Why not the CPU, PSU, GPU for Memory?

Good modding,
neil

Hello, I went to my local store and tested it all. Actually my PSU died also along with my motherboard.It got very hot lately in my country and I guess something went wrong. I don't know what happened exactly but they are fried for sure.

Hello, I went to my local store and tested it all. Actually my PSU died also along with my motherboard.It got very hot lately in my country and I guess something went wrong. I don't know what happened exactly but they are fried for sure.

Before spending money. Buy yourself a new decent PSU such as Corsair and Test the motherboard from bare to everything installed such as CPU and RAM. When testing id like to take the CPU and RAM out leaving just the Power Supply connected if your motherboard doesn't have a onboard speaker connect a speaker to the motherboard header see if you get at least a beep if you do then the motherboard isn't damaged. Which Power Supply was it you had?

Hello
I come to report how things went replacing my Z97m-d3h for a h97m-d3h. My goal was to do a plug and play swap.I eventually found a cheap 30e h97m-d3h on eBay, plugged it in, mod the bios for common stuff , it found my hackintosh installation and booted.Worked like a charm. I just lost my iTunes computer authorizations for my iPad and stuff and my keychain passwords. So far so good, been back on tracks for 2 weeks now. Thanks to all for your help and advices.

Before spending money. Buy yourself a new decent PSU such as Corsair and Test the motherboard from bare to everything installed such as CPU and RAM. When testing id like to take the CPU and RAM out leaving just the Power Supply connected if your motherboard doesn't have a onboard speaker connect a speaker to the motherboard header see if you get at least a beep if you do then the motherboard isn't damaged. Which Power Supply was it you had?

the psu that died was a be quiet 450w, it is being serviced now. The mb has a bent pin on the CPU slot. I thought about why and how this has happened and I came to the conclusion that it was me f...... up at one point when I disassembled it. Cheers

the psu that died was a be quiet 450w, it is being serviced now. The mb has a bent pin on the CPU slot. I thought about why and how this has happened and I came to the conclusion that it was me f...... up at one point when I disassembled it. Cheers

I don't use Be Quiet Power Supply never owned one and wouldn't recommend one. I only use Corsair PSUs. Bent CPU Pins can be caused by putting the CPU in wrong i.e not seating it in the correct way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back