Contribute
Register

Z97-HD3 and Monterey

Status
Not open for further replies.
i found 4 guides and everywhere it says to edit in hackintool but i can edit only name and nothing else. and i dont know what to edit + if i insert usb in some usb port i can access that usb but nothing is green in hackintool except these two

Attachments

• hackintool usb.png
    hackintool usb.png
    149.8 KB · Views: 21
i can edit only name and nothing else.
See the up down arrows next to connector types ?

Screen Shot 4.jpg

Otherwise you just delete the ones you won't keep by highlighting that port then clicking on the minus sign near the bottom.
Screen_Shot_6.jpg

yes but how can i know which one to delete and which one to set usb2 or 3?
It's all detailed in Utterdisbelief's guide here on this site. It was linked to before.

It's all detailed in Utterdisbelief's guide here on this site. It was linked to before.
ofc i read that guide too but as i already said "if i insert usb in some usb port i can access that usb but nothing is green in hackintool except these two"

i read that guide too but as i already said
If you follow the guide 100%, use Catalina, use a USB 2 and USB 3 drive it will work with XHCI port limit enabled and USB injectall kext. Also, don't have someone else's kext loading when you are trying to map your ports. The guide assumes you've done a clean install and have no USB Ports kext already.

If you follow the guide 100%, use Catalina, use a USB 2 and USB 3 drive it will work with XHCI port limit enabled and USB injectall kext. Also, don't have someone else's kext loading when you are trying to map your ports. The guide assumes you've done a clean install and have no USB Ports kext already.
i have usbports.kext that i got with efi that you posted in another thread. ok i will remove that kext. also does this mean that usbports.kext isnt loaded at all?

i cant install catalina as i dont have spare disks, i have sierra and monterey only. xhci port limit is enabled already. i opened plist inside usbports.kext and its the same as hackintool shows. now i will try to unload that kext and see if i get something different after restart

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 02.28.17.png
    Screenshot 2023-01-29 at 02.28.17.png
    95.7 KB · Views: 15
xhci port limit is enabled already.
Here's a direct quote from the first paragraph.

It's been a while since this guide was written and Apple has changed their USB sub-system in several significant ways. So please bear in mind:

1) From Big Sur 11.3 onwards the OpenCore XhciPortLimit Quirk stopped working. It hasn't been fixed yet. So generally we recommend using Catalina to perform your first USB configuration before upgrading your system.

Here's a direct quote from the first paragraph.

It's been a while since this guide was written and Apple has changed their USB sub-system in several significant ways. So please bear in mind:

1) From Big Sur 11.3 onwards the OpenCore XhciPortLimit Quirk stopped working. It hasn't been fixed yet. So generally we recommend using Catalina to perform your first USB configuration before upgrading your system.
ok as i cant install catalina that option is out. is there a way to make usbports.kext to look like this one ? that guy has the same mobo so i just need to replicate that

i cant install catalina that option is out
Not true. You can easily install it on the drive that has Monterey on it already. How many GB is the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back