Contribute
Register

Z87X - random freezes PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
It froze after 28 hrs....

Hi. Since my build is kind of similar I might be able to help you. I noticed a couple of differences between your settings and mine.

-Virtualization Disabled
I've read everywhere that it should be disabled, but I wasn't even capable of a normal boot (only safe mode) with that disabled. Also, I haven't had a single problem with Virtualization Enabled.

-Lastest FakeSMC with Plugins (Not the one with MultiBeast)
You can download them from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/

-SATA Controllers
I didn't install any SATA Controllers, but I don't think it has any influence on your problem.

I strongly suggest that you update the BIOS to F7, since I was having troubles with a previous version (F3), even in Windows 7. Best wishes solving this problem and I hope it helped.

Thank you!
Have you ever had any problems with freezes?

I just wanted to give some feedback. I've been experiencing similar freezes ever since I replaced my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH motherboard with the GA-Z87X-UD5H. I know it has nothing to do with bad memory because I ONLY replaced the motherboard and cpu. Anyhow, I just pulled two of the 4 DIMMs and updated the BIOS to F7. It's only been running now for 5 hours and 55 minutes (longer than ever before). I'll post back if anything changes.

I don't think it really matters, but here is my org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
Code:
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>

Code:
jbarnett@Hackintosh-10 ~ $ uptime                             [ruby-2.0.0-p247]
10:10  up 1 day, 13 mins, 3 users, load averages: 2.33 2.15 2.10

Still working great... :)

I also have the GA-Z87X-UD5H board, 4 DIMMS and freezes.. I seem to have a stable system now, with 4 DIMMS. The freezes have stopped since I disabled Extreme Memory Profile but I need to test this some more. I'll report back.

Upped the memory speed to 1866 and ram voltage to 1.65 manually. Increased 4770k clock to 4.2 and Vcore to 1.2.
Still stable with 4 DIMMs and no XMP.

Upped the memory speed to 1866 and ram voltage to 1.65 manually. Increased 4770k clock to 4.2 and Vcore to 1.2.

I have ZERO experience with overclocking. Would you mind just telling me what the adjustments you just referred to actually mean? Or do to the system?

Thanks!
/Mikael

I have ZERO experience with overclocking. Would you mind just telling me what the adjustments you just referred to actually mean? Or do to the system?

Thanks!
/Mikael
I just started doing this myself. There are plenty of guides on how to overclock your 4770k. Please follow those, I don't want to be responsible for anything that can go wrong, and I don't know enough about this yet.

I just started doing this myself. There are plenty of guides on how to overclock your 4770k. Please follow those, I don't want to be responsible for anything that can go wrong, and I don't know enough about this yet.

Don't worry, mate. I won't hold you responsible. ;) I was just wondering if you could put words on what those settings actually do.

Cheers,
Mikael

To enable xmp your memory modules MUST support xmp.otherwise you get freezes.
Run some benchmarks with these settings and stress tests and see if you have a stable system.

To enable xmp your memory modules MUST support xmp.otherwise you get freezes.
Run some benchmarks with these settings and stress tests and see if you have a stable system.

I have a 32GB G.Skill RipjawsZ 2400 CL10 quad kit, they support XMP. I'm now running without XMP and the system is still stable. No more freezes. Have been doing 2D and 3D rendering all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back