- Peripherals
- XHCI Mode = Auto
- XHCI Hand-off = Enable
- EHCI Hand-off = Enable
- Power Management
- Wake on LAN = Disabled

- Internal Intel Graphics - Disabled

What I enabled:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachmen...7x-ud5h-screen-shot-2013-10-22-7.57.29-pm.png

What I removed:
string for internal graphics

Z87X-UD5H
Intel Core i7-4770K Processor
EVGA GeForce GTX 760 2GB PhysX CUDA
Kingston DDR3 HyperX blu 1600MHz 32GB
Samsung SSD 840 EVO 1TB BK OEM - for documents
Kingston 120 GB SSD - for system
Running Mavericks.
Razer Abyssus Gaming Mouse 3500 dpi - mouse
Apple keyboard - keyboard
LaCie d2 Quadra v3 2TB - external HDD

I am having serious problems with random freezes. My entire system freezes, I cannot type or move my mouse and I need to do a hard shut down.

After reading this tread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/110874-i7-4770k-z87x-u5dh-build-freezing.html
I tried to remove one ram-stick. It didn´t work. After 40 minutes it froze again....

Can anyone out there offer me some help?

- David

Thanks for the tip!

I will test it out tomorrow :)

I have z87x and gtx 770... I had to actually delete the AppleIntelGraphics* .kext files as it was ignoring the disable setting in the BIOS and loading up the integrated graphics anyway. Only clue was the crashes occured when the GPU was loaded, and I had graphic glitches in Maps. The list of files I deleted is in my build thread.

I chimed in on that thread you referenced, I have had almost three weeks of uptime, the only change I made is swap out the Gigabyte motherboard with an ASRock. I think there is a bad run of Gigabyte motherboards out there...

I didn´t work to bump the power... :(

tailchaser - What kinds of freezes did you experience? I have not turned off my internal graphics. Am I supposed to do so?
rccollins - I hope I dont have to switch motherboard....

Ahhh. this is annoying.

My build has worked for several weeks without freezing and now it is almost constant. I have tried al the same fixes but no help. I am running off the HDMI from the MB so graphics not an issue, I think. I agree i hope i don't have to swap MB's but if this isn't corrected i might have too. Anybody with ideas?

Germak - Have you ever had any problems with freezing?
I believe I already have those settings set.

Mikael Bjork - My rig freezes during use. So I don´t think that would make a difference.

Any more suggestions? Or solutions you have heard of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back