Contribute
Register

Z87X - random freezes PLEASE HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn´t work to bump the power... :(

tailchaser - What kinds of freezes did you experience? I have not turned off my internal graphics. Am I supposed to do so?
rccollins - I hope I dont have to switch motherboard....

Ahhh. this is annoying.
Complete and utter freeze. No kernel panic. Everything stops. I had to disable in BIOS and delete the .kext files. Seems to be a complete cure, although something in VMWare Fusion is still able to fire up internal graphics and bring things to an occasional halt.

Germak - Have you ever had any problems with freezing?
I believe I already have those settings set.

1st freeze issue

My system freezed upon restart.the fault was from my bluetooth keyboard and mouse.
i removed the dongle and put it back again and it worked.

2nd freeze issue

when i click on maps i got a freeze.
i used graphics enabler=yes
and. IGPEnabler=yes

try with these commands some combinations.i think the freeze is from your gfx card

oh! And choose in bios memory profile 1 if your ram support it if not use default.this works only if you have qualified memory modules from gigabyte.see here

So I am supposed to disable internal graphics?
- I am going to try that :)

try two things.

1st disable internal graphics and 2nd leave extreme memory profile to auto not profile 1
if your memory modules don't provide xmp profile thats why your system freezes.
don't remove any kexts.only disable onboard gfx.thats will work

if this don't work use

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key><string>Yes</string>

and remove IGPEnabler string completly

Thanks for your help! :)

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/hyperx/blu - according to this site it supports XMP. So that won't work

But I will try to disable the internal graphics for sure.

try two things.

if this don't work use

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key><string>Yes</string>

and remove IGPEnabler string completly

What will this do? And why?
I believe that graphicsenabler is supposed to be turned off with my graphics card?

My motherboard is running Bios F3. Should I update? Will it be a problem to flash the bios at this stage?

Thanks for your help! :)

http://www.kingston.com/us/memory/hyperx/blu - according to this site it supports XMP. So that won't work

But I will try to disable the internal graphics for sure.

What will this do? And why?
I believe that graphicsenabler is supposed to be turned off with my graphics card?

My motherboard is running Bios F3. Should I update? Will it be a problem to flash the bios at this stage?

Disable your igfx card from bios and remove IGPEnabler string completely if you have it.
i use GraphicsEnabler because if i set to No it doesn't recognize my card it says HD5700 series
When i put Yes it shows HD5770 series.

I use bios F7 its the latest one and i have a very stable system and everything works like a charm

Will there be any problems for me to flash the Bios afterwards?
Since I already have installed OS X.

Where do I look for IGPEnabler string?

Thank you so much for your help!

No problem at all.
flash new bios and load setup defaults.then enter the bios once more and re set it for mac os.if you want save it in a new profile.i have two profiles with different settings one for windows and one for my hack.
load your hack profile and boot.you are ready.no need to format and install again.

IGPEnabler is in your Extra orgchameleonboot.plist.open it with textedit and remove
IGPEnabler key and string if you find it.

UPDATE:

I have now flashed my bios, disabled internal graphics and bumped my ram voltage.
I still have freezes...

What can cause freezes?
Anyone out there with solutions? This is soo bothering. :(

It is your motherboard, there are a ton of discussions out there about this, regardless of the OS. It affects Gigabyte Z77 and Z87 motherboards, check it out at gigabytes forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back