Contribute
Register

Z87E-ITX Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
seems to be model indentifier related. you used the smbios.plist provided here, didn't you?

- - - Updated - - -

good to know

He is using 14,3 identifier which is reasonable. It should be enough to get it up and running.

Boot without the DSDT then and see what happens. Its not toally necessary for this board.

The errors shown dont look DSDT related to me anyway.

That worked, thanks! I used HDAEnabler to get audio working...I don't know if it's a good way but it works!

That worked, thanks! I used HDAEnabler to get audio working...I don't know if it's a good way but it works!

The issue with a DSDT is because I can provide what works for me, but unless you have exactly the same hardware, which is unlikely then things start to change. Hence if you wish to use a DSDT, you should try to compile your own.

Here is my latest test build:
Z87E-ITX, 16gig memory, Samsung 250gig SSD, using the internal 4600 video and wireless card removed.
Note: I have confirmed that with the wireless installed, SLEEP will not work.

On this build I had a copy on a flash drive with the following files from \Extra , DSDT.aml, org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist
For DSDT, I used DSTD Editor, extracted and replaced all the _T for T and saved as DSDT.aml

1. Using BIOS 2.30A. BIOS set as WonkeyDonkey or similar. Also tested using BIOS default settings with changes to onboard video and wifi disable.

2. Install with UniBeast 10.9.1

3. On the first boot, run MultiBeast and load only the following:
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT > ALC1150
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.x TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 Plugins (optional)
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 HWMonitor Application (optional)
Drivers > Network > Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.14
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

There will be an error on MultiBeast installation. ignore error. This is because 'Basic Boot Options' was not selected.

4. Reboot on Safe Mode.

5. Copy the 3 files from your last built to \Extra DSDT.aml, org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist

6. Reboot again and the following will work:
1. video (DVI or HDMI), for 2 monitors you must power up both or there will be no screen if you plug one of them.
2. Sleep works.

With this setup there is no sound. To get sound you need to use MultiBeast and install HDAEnabler, from 'without DSDT audio'. I’m trying to do it using DSDT but don't know how. Also I cannot figure out how to have audio thru HDMI.

Can some help me with audio using DSDT?

Here is my latest test build:
Z87E-ITX, 16gig memory, Samsung 250gig SSD, using the internal 4600 video and wireless card removed.
Note: I have confirmed that with the wireless installed, SLEEP will not work.

On this build I had a copy on a flash drive with the following files from \Extra , DSDT.aml, org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist
For DSDT, I used DSTD Editor, extracted and replaced all the _T for T and saved as DSDT.aml

1. Using BIOS 2.30A. BIOS set as WonkeyDonkey or similar. Also tested using BIOS default settings with changes to onboard video and wifi disable.

2. Install with UniBeast 10.9.1

3. On the first boot, run MultiBeast and load only the following:
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT > ALC1150
Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.x TRIM Patch
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 Plugins (optional)
Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 HWMonitor Application (optional)
Drivers > Network > Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.14
Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
Customize > Themes > tonymacx86 Black

There will be an error on MultiBeast installation. ignore error. This is because 'Basic Boot Options' was not selected.

4. Reboot on Safe Mode.

5. Copy the 3 files from your last built to \Extra DSDT.aml, org.chameleon.Boot.plist and smbios.plist

6. Reboot again and the following will work:
1. video (DVI or HDMI), for 2 monitors you must power up both or there will be no screen if you plug one of them.
2. Sleep works.

With this setup there is no sound. To get sound you need to use MultiBeast and install HDAEnabler, from 'without DSDT audio'. I’m trying to do it using DSDT but don't know how. Also I cannot figure out how to have audio thru HDMI.

Can some help me with audio using DSDT?

Good progress. Let's sort out that Hdmi audio first. Post your raw dsdt. (Boot with dsdt=null), extract raw dsdt using maciasl and post here.

Good progress. Let's sort out that Hdmi audio first. Post your raw dsdt. (Boot with dsdt=null), extract raw dsdt using maciasl and post here.

WonkeyDonkey,
Here is my DSDT as requested. I appreciate for all your help.
And congratulation for the Golden Build nomination. Wow, I bet your spec will beat the MacPro performance at 1/10 the cost. :)

Attachments

• System DSDT.dsl.zip
    26.7 KB · Views: 80
WonkeyDonkey,
Here is my DSDT as requested. I appreciate for all your help.
And congratulation for the Golden Build nomination. Wow, I bet your spec will beat the MacPro performance at 1/10 the cost. :)

That DSDT is incorrect. Have you done some editing already ?

That DSDT is incorrect. Have you done some editing already ?

No, I did not. I'm regenerating again. I have attached 2 DSDT versions (DSDT Editor and MacIASL) . These files was created with no DSDT in \Extra.

Could you provide some info what to look for?

Attachments

• DSDT.zip
    53.3 KB · Views: 58
No, I did not. I'm regenerating again. I have attached 2 DSDT versions (DSDT Editor and MacIASL) . These files was created with no DSDT in \Extra.

Could you provide some info what to look for?

Well none attached to that message.

When I loaded it, the list of corrections was much smaller than mine with no edits. I wonder if you had DSDT or SSDT in there ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back