Contribute
Register

Z87E-ITX Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I figured out what I did wrong. I did not select both FakeSMC and FakeSMC Plugins, since your screenshot of options here http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-hardware-discussion/117344-z87e-itx-updates-23.html#post766877 only shows FakeSMC Plugins selected but not FakeSMC itself. I assumed FakeSMC Plugins included FakeSMC but reading the description in Multibeast, one is FakeSMC and the other is the plugins for FakeSMC.

I will confirm after this latest install completes. :thumbup:

:crazy: :banghead:

I dont know why FakeSMC wasnt shown in that, but yes, it needs to be selected otherwise you get nowhere of course.

I need to double check the selection process on that bit when I get back home.

Also, beware if you update those plugins too. A couple of the recent updates to it didn't allow me to select just FakeSMC and not the plugins, it had to be all or nothing. It was something to do with the selection 'tree'

Anyhow, all of the plugins certainly work just fine with this board. I do use them quite successfully.

I will confirm after this latest install completes.

Yep!

Steps I took were:
  1. Install OS X from USB Thumb Drive
  2. Get to Desktop, Open Multibeast
  3. Skip QuickStart pane and select ONLY the following options in subsequent panes:
  4. Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > With DSDT > ALC1150
  5. Drivers > Disk > TRIM Enabler > 10.9.x TRIM Patch (if you have an SSD)
  6. Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820
  7. Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC v5.3.820 Plugins
  8. Drivers > Network > Intel - hnak's AppleIntelE1000e v2.4.14
  9. Bootloaders > Chimera v2.2.1
  10. Customize > System Definitions > iMac > iMac 14,2
  11. Customize > Themes > Whichever you Want
  12. Go to the Build tab and install
  13. Once installation is complete and successful, open /Extra/ folder
  14. After making any necessary edits (specifically RAM speed in smbios.plist), copy DSDT.aml, smbios.plist and org.chameleon.Boot.plist into /Extra/
  15. Reboot system and enjoy Hackintosh! :clap: :headbang: :thumbup:

Computer still does not sleep properly (goes to sleep after 15-20 seconds, then case fans pop back on after a few seconds for 15-20 seconds until it goes back to sleep, repeat until mouse or keyboard are clicked).

I'm not using the motherboard's wireless nor am I using the onboard sound (and have both of these disabled in BIOS) so I did not select options for either during the Multibeast installation (so in my case, I simply skipped step 3 in my list above).

At this point it's got to be either a BIOS issue or something, the computer does not fully wake from sleep, it just goes into sleep and then the fans power back up. The monitors I have connected do not turn back on until a keyboard or mouse button are pressed.

Don't know what else I can do to help figure out what's going on with sleep, I'm running as basic as I can and have no extra options (except for SSD TRIM) selected. I don't use sleep anyways, so I think I'm just going to enjoy the computer the way it is. =)

MultiBeast.png

Here is my current MultiBeast configuration, working just fine with the exception of sleep. My BIOS is exactly the same as yours with the exception of the audio and wireless disabled.

::shrugs:: If you have any other ideas I'm happy to test for you, but I don't know what else I can try!

System.png

View attachment 84202

Here is my current MultiBeast configuration, working just fine with the exception of sleep. My BIOS is exactly the same as yours with the exception of the audio and wireless disabled.

::shrugs:: If you have any other ideas I'm happy to test for you, but I don't know what else I can try!

View attachment 84203

I'm pretty sure I know what's causing your sleep issue but I can't do anything about it until I get home tomorrow, then I can send you a file to replace. I had exactly the same sleep issues to begin with so I'm fairly sure we can improve on it.

:cool:

Btw, your multibeast config looks spot on. Not sure what happened to FakeSMC on mine :rolleyes:

I'm pretty sure I know what's causing your sleep issue but I can't do anything about it until I get home tomorrow, then I can send you a file to replace. I had exactly the same sleep issues to begin with so I'm fairly sure we can improve on it.

:cool:

Btw, your multibeast config looks spot on. Not sure what happened to FakeSMC on mine :rolleyes:

Awesome. I'm not super dependent on sleep but I'm definitely interested in helping get it working for others. As far as I'm concerned, OS X is installed and working perfectly for my purposes with the exception of iTunes, but that doesn't seem to be an issue constrained with Hackintoshes, it seems to affect anyone who has a non-apple display.
:lol:

Sleep will be nice to figure out, but since I either just turn my computer off or leave it on with the monitors on standby it's not imperative for me to get working.
:thumbup:

Have you tried the DSDT file I sent you btw ?

Fresh reinstalled 10.9.1 again to test: This test was repeat it a couple of times.

With the DSDT file i get the following results:
On the first sleep: computer power off to sleep and i can wake up with keyboard/mouse.
On the second sleep: screen off but fan is on. I cannot wake up with keyboard/mouse. I have to restart. At restart screen same as before sleep. So the computer did go to sleep but could not wake up.

Without DSDT file:
On sleep: computer power off and I can wake up with keyboard/mouse.
on later sleep, same. off and wake up with keyboard/mouse.

Is there something wrong with the DSDT file?
I'm going to try to make a DSDT file..(first time)....

I think the reason you are still getting the AppleRTC is because you are selecting one of the Quickstart options. You dont need to do that.

Start with the second tab called Drivers and move forward from that.

The ideal selections (Manually) that you want are :

ALC1150 audio (With DSDT option)
FakeSMC
E1000 ethernet
Chimera 2.2.1
Your chosen theme

If you have not already created it, a 14,x definition.

I too got to the stage where sleep worked but only with the power button.

Then I patched and compiled my DSDT.

I tried this but not boot.
I get errors installing with this manual setup with MultiBeast. Reason is because 'Basic Boot Options' was not select.
I also did a MultiBeast with DSDT and the above settings with 'Basic Boot Options' and AppleRTC was autoselected, then I deleted it from the Extensions. I was not able to Boot, so I put it back and boot ok.

I tried this but not boot.
I get errors installing with this manual setup with MultiBeast. Reason is because 'Basic Boot Options' was not select.
I also did a MultiBeast with DSDT and the above settings with 'Basic Boot Options' and AppleRTC was autoselected, then I deleted it from the Extensions. I was not able to Boot, so I put it back and boot ok.

If its an error at the end of Multibeast that says the install failed, dont worry about it, it happens to me too but it still installs ok. Its a fault of Multibeast actually.

The reason to not use any of the 'easy' options or 'basic boot options' is because they contain stuff that is not right for us.

The correct list is :

FakeSMC
(FakeSMC Plugins are optional, they all work)
Chimera
Chosen Theme
E1000 ethernet
ALC1150 Audio ('With DSDT' option)

Are all you need for this. AppleRTC will do you no favours.

Have a look at the last couple of pages of this thread.

As before, this is all based on 2.30A bios and the bios settings I posted previously.

The DSDT I posted for you previously may need a little tweaking but it wont stop you installing or booting.

:thumbup:

As suggested before, try and plan your system definition in advance and create your smbios.plist. You can grab a copy of it I posted before as well as org.chameleon.boot.plist. After install, you can copy them over to the Extra folder.

If you want to be purist, you can also copy them to the USB key prior to doing the actual install.

I will see if I can put a zip file together in the coming days with pre-edited smbios.plist and org.chameleon.boot.plist and a few other goodies that will be optimized for this board.

Looking forward to it. And if you want me to test out that sleep fix for you, feel free to send whatever changes my way and I'll be happy to take a look.

:thumbup: :headbang: :p :angel: :clap:

:beachball:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back