Contribute
Register

Z87E-ITX Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just installed OS X from scratch... can't deselect the AppleRTC Patch. It is checked and greyed out.

I will do. I've asked Asrock to put a screen snapshot function in the bios, but no reply yet. Its a pain having to write all that lot down lol

I tried snapping the bios pages with my iphone too but the white coloured fields just reflect too much and you cant see what is set in them.

Be patient, young jedi ...

:p

First of all, congratulations for the great job you're doing.
I state that I do not have this motherboard, but the previous Z77E-ITX and I was able to take screenshots of the bios using a FAT32 formatted USB Stick and hitting F12.

Just installed OS X from scratch... can't deselect the AppleRTC Patch. It is checked and greyed out.

That is really annoying, but a workaround can be to backup the AppleRTC before performing Multibeast and reinstalling the kext.
The fact remains, that there is a problem.

That is really annoying, but a workaround can be to backup the AppleRTC before performing Multibeast and reinstalling the kext.
The fact remains, that there is a problem.

I think you misunderstand... I can't un-select the AppleRTC option. WonkeyDonkey has said it is not required and actually shouldn't be installed, but I cannot stop it from being installed through multibeast.

Success SLEEP WORKS!. After getting hints that it could be the wifi adapter. I decided to remove it and did a test.
I reinstalled 10.9.1 on a new Samsung SSD using the following settings:
1. WonkeyDonkey BIOS setting with very minor differences.
2. Using Multibeast with no DSDT and the following selections. see pic.

Sleep WORKS!!!
Dongle USB bluetooth = works natively. On sleep, magic mouse cannot wake up computer, but usb mouse and keyboard can wake it up.

Q: Do I need to have a DSDT file?

Sorry. Reposting

Success SLEEP WORKS!. After getting hints that it could be the wifi adapter. I decided to remove it and did a test.

Sleep WORKS!!! also, hitting that Apple --> Sleep works too.
I'm using a dongle USB bluetooth that works natively. On sleep, magic mouse cannot wake up computer, but usb mouse and keyboard can.

Attachments

• MultiBeast Setup.png
    MultiBeast Setup.png
    137.1 KB · Views: 143
Sorry. Reposting

Sleep WORKS!!! also, hitting that Apple --> Sleep works too.
I'm using a dongle USB bluetooth that works natively. On sleep, magic mouse cannot wake up computer, but usb mouse and keyboard can.

I have done more testing. Without any changes done. Now on sleep i need to press the power switch to wake up..... I don't know why i cannot wake up with mouse and keyboard now.... wow, this is strange.

I think you misunderstand... I can't un-select the AppleRTC option. WonkeyDonkey has said it is not required and actually shouldn't be installed, but I cannot stop it from being installed through multibeast.

Maybe I was not clear. What I meant is that if you can not avoid Multibeast patching the AppleRTC, saving a copy of the original (non patched) kext (on the Desktop?) and reinstalling it after performing Multibeast, it is how not having patched the file. As I have already said, it is a temporary solution that allows you to continue the installation of the Mavericks. However, it remains to understand why these problems with Multibeast.

I have done more testing. Without any changes done. Now on sleep i need to press the power switch to wake up..... I don't know why i cannot wake up with mouse and keyboard now.... wow, this is strange.

I think the reason you are still getting the AppleRTC is because you are selecting one of the Quickstart options. You dont need to do that.

Start with the second tab called Drivers and move forward from that.

The ideal selections (Manually) that you want are :

ALC1150 audio (With DSDT option)
FakeSMC
E1000 ethernet
Chimera 2.2.1
Your chosen theme

If you have not already created it, a 14,x definition.

I too got to the stage where sleep worked but only with the power button.

Then I patched and compiled my DSDT.

This is looking much better. Its the stage I was at prior to patching the DSDT.

The last 2 options in ACPI power management, have you got them enabled ?

Also, you said you have minor differences in your bios settings, can you confirm what they are ?

Have you tried to take Bios screenshots on USB stick hitting F12, as I mentioned before?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back