Contribute
Register

[Z77 Build] SkeletalMac MKII - Z77X-UD5H w/Nvidia 560ti 448

Status
Not open for further replies.
steban said:
Hey mate! i'm planning to build a hack with GA-Z77M-D3H, it has VIA audio (wich i don't care cos i'm using FW TI Card), and Atheros lan.. I wanna instal Snow Leo.. Should it work? Onboard video? Jmicron PCI IDE card? or will I have troubles?... my options are that one, or Asus P8H67M Pro.. wich is little old.. please! give me some advice!

Old isn't bad, the D3H will not have working audio obviously and probably have less support than one that does. Not many people build hacks with alternative sound solutions so it will be a small group that can help you out with that board.

No idea on Jmicron PCI card honestly not sure if OSX supports IDE anymore!, onboard video should though.

Try asking google
"site:tonymacx86.com [what you are looking for]" or same for insanelymac (better for more obscure requests)

Good luck!

hi guys I just built my hackintosh with this mobo. had a few issues installing osx but were solved using the npci0x2000.

I also had to remove all but 4gb of ram and my wifi card.

now i am at the stage where i need to put on multibeast so which options do i check. also philz had another pst with a dsdt file.... viewtopic.php?f=14&t=57462 should i use it?

I have also bought the same motherboard with the same CPU.

If I run into any problems, I'll post here. I hope that most of the hardware will work out of the box, but I don't think it'll be that smooth. But, you never know. I can always replace components that don't work! :lol:

yo philz, nice build and description. I ordered same mobo with a 3570k and i just saw that there is a DSDT for this one now, do i still need to edit something, to make Toledeos kext work properly for audio (besides injecting it :p ) ?

build:
giga z77-ud5h
8 gb corsair xms vengeance (uh scary name)
Belkin bluetooh USB v2.1 EDR
asus ati 5870
Intel 330 series 60 gb SSD
corsair carbide 500r white
ocz modstream 700 w
apple wired kb
logitech g15 kb

The DSDT is edited, but don't select any audio options in Multibeast. Instead just install the kext with kextbeast. I also had to set the UseKernelCache flag to No in order to make it work.

My issue now is that I can't wake from sleep. I have a windows drive which sleeps fine, but the mac won't. Have people gotten sleep working with the Z77X-UD5H? Is this a matter of bios settings, or just waiting until apple updates the OS so that we won't need various Chimera bootlfags?

jamdox, et al,
There is now a DSDT for the Z77X-UD5H in the DSDT Database. I recommend you use it with MultiBeast's UserDSDT option. (See page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document for the MultiBeast UserDSDT defaults.)

Yep, that's the DSDT I was referring to :thumbup:

But to get the audio to work with toleda's edited AppleHDA.kext, select none of the audio options in multibeast!

Since you are using a 560 Ti, did you disable the internal GPU in BIOS?
If you left it enabled, what other IGP BIOS options do you have?

Nice build!

Have you updated to 10.7.4 yet? Did you need to make a SSDT to maintain speed stepping?

Also, was it necessary to patch AppleRTC to avoid CMOS resets?

Zotac Geforce GTX560 ti 448 core special edition (570 with one cuda core disabled, as a result native open CL and better power support in OSX)

did you do any editing of power management kext for this card? i use it (different brand though) to drive dual displays and my findings are, that when you use it with two monitors, the card doesn't go into lower power states when idle... works with one monitor though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back