Contribute
Register

[Z77 Build] SkeletalMac MKII - Z77X-UD5H w/Nvidia 560ti 448

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I'm trying to install OSX today. I've run into problems.

I've used UniBeast to get the Lion installer on my USB.
I've set my Bios settings up the best I can:
AHCI is set
I cannot find SS3 option anywhere in my bios
HPET is set to enabled because i don't have a choice beyond enabled or disabled.

My problem right now is when I try to boot from the USB, I get the tonymac options saying: USB, System Reserved, Windows NTFS, and Windows NTFS.

When I select USB, my screen flashes with the grey background back logo we see when we boot up any mac, and then my computer instantly reboots. That's as far as I've got.

Any ideas?

UPDATE**

Derp derp derp derp! King of the derps.

I forgot to install BridgeHelper. Installation goes smoothly. Unfortunately when I try to do my initial boot through unibeast OSX crashes immediately. No doubt this because I haven't applied Bridgehelper on my hard drive. Unfortunately I do not have a SATA to USB cable that would let me install Bridgehelper from my macbook pro onto the hard drive, so I think I'm stuck until apple releases Ivy Bridge support.

Nice build, but I think your power supply is physically inverted as far as I can tell from your pictures.

6th said:
Nice build, but I think your power supply is physically inverted as far as I can tell from your pictures.

It's not, intake is on bottom and on that case it's right :) whole case is atypical due to the 90* invertedness of it.

Regardless I'll help anyone out once I'm done with the anti-gigabyte build. FrozenCPU sent the wrong radiator....! Argh!

@philz:
Thanks bro, your post really cleared a few things up. This seems like the "board to have" and I'm sure it will only get better once it is supported by the community. Happy to see that there is a solution to the no audio issue, perfect. Spoke with tonymac briefly yesterday, he seemed quite fond of this board. I'm going to pick it up for my upcoming build, will post pictures and a report for anyone else considering it.

Now to decide Sandy or Ivy bridge...

syndrone said:
@philz:
Thanks bro, your post really cleared a few things up. This seems like the "board to have" and I'm sure it will only get better once it is supported by the community. Happy to see that there is a solution to the no audio issue, perfect. Spoke with tonymac briefly yesterday, he seemed quite fond of this board. I'm going to pick it up for my upcoming build, will post pictures and a report for anyone else considering it.

Now to decide Sandy or Ivy bridge...

Sandy looks like it will over clock better with good cooling. Otherwise the difference is moot (Ivy might get a bit farther on "meh" air cooling) but we are talking a 4% difference between the two.

It's still the first batch of Ivy Bridge chips so it might very well change. If your on sandy I wouldn't be jumping up and down to switch.

I've got the same motherboard how did you get audio to work?

ksood said:

Look for Toleda's beta patch in the audio forum :) requires DSDT + Edits.

philz said:
ksood said:

where would i get that?

philz said:
ksood said:

just found the patch but my internal card model isn't listed should i still try it?

ksood said:
philz said:
ksood said:

just found the patch but my internal card model isn't listed should i still try it?

... You have 898, so just use the 898 DSDT and associated AppleHDA from his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back