Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

@sonny362, with your config.plist, my Intel I225V didn't work. There is a problem with DeviceProperies entry for the interface. It should be changed to:
Code:
<key>DeviceProperties</key>
<dict>
        <key>Add</key>
        <dict> 
                <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1c,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)</key>
                <dict> 
                        <key>AAPL,slot-name</key>
                        <string>Internal@0,28,0/0,0</string>
                        <key>device-id</key>
                        <data>8xWGgA==</data>
                        <key>device_type</key>
                        <string>Ethernet controller</string>
                        <key>model</key>
                        <string>Intel Ethernet controller i225-V</string>
                </dict>
        </dict>
        <key>Delete</key>
        <dict/>
</dict>

The "#1-" or "1-" should be removed or it won't be able to map the device. Also, my Pci bus # is at Pci(0x1c,0x2), not Pci(0x1c,0x0). Not sure if it's the same as yours. I can only get ethernet to work with the above changes.

For some strange reason, the Intel I225V under MacOS doesn't like my TP-Link router. When I connect it to the TP-Link 1Gb port, the link will only work for 5 seconds and then all traffic stop. I can bypass the problem by forcing the port speed to 100Mb. However, I don't have such problem under Windows or Ubuntu on the same machine. Another strange behaviour is that if I connect the I225V to my other Asus router 1Gb port, it works perfectly at 1Gb.

Hello. First, let me say hello to everyone on the tonymacx86. I will present my set: MSI Pro z690 A-wifi ddr4 motherboard, everything works except BT and wifi.

hack.jpg

Hello. First, let me say hello to everyone on the tonymacx86. I will present my set: MSI Pro z690 A-wifi ddr4 motherboard, everything works except BT and wifi.
Congrats! I've the same m/b. To get wifi to work, install "itlwm" & "HelliPort" from OpenIntelWireless. Make sure to install the latest Alpha version, not the stable release. I haven't tried bluetooth on ax201 yet, not sure if it works or not.

Hello guys, glad to read that community is bleeding the edge with Alder Lake. Congrats to you all!

A quick question: I'm currently running X299 + 9980XE + 6800 XT which is basically perfect golden, I am interested in the upcoming Mac Mini. But I'm tempted to stick with hacks due to Windows compatibility and brute performances (at least until macOSwill run on X86 and AMD GPUs). Since things went pretty far from my Skylake X chip, and in my case I would prefer single core performance instead of multi (my needs changed lately :p ), do you think I should stay with Skylake X or worth it to go on? And in case, Alder Lake or Zen 3?

Hi, I just got a Asus Prime Z690m-Plus D4 motherboard, and I would like to run macOSX after reading about E cores and threading have to be disabled in order to boot with OpenCore. Also, would this EFI work for a board like mine?
I have a 12700K and a R9 390 88GB.

Hi, I just got a Asus Prime Z690m-Plus D4 motherboard, and I would like to run macOSX after reading about E cores and threading have to be disabled in order to boot with OpenCore. Also, would this EFI work for a board like mine?
I have a 12700K and a R9 390 88GB.
I have the same board. It works like the others. May have to play with device list to get Killer E2600 Ethernet to work.

@sonny362,

For some strange reason, the Intel I225V under MacOS doesn't like my TP-Link router. When I connect it to the TP-Link 1Gb port, the link will only work for 5 seconds and then all traffic stop. I can bypass the problem by forcing the port speed to 100Mb. However, I don't have such problem under Windows or Ubuntu on the same machine. Another strange behaviour is that if I connect the I225V to my other Asus router 1Gb port, it works perfectly at 1Gb.
Thanks for your tip, it's really error in config.
I have the same trouble: my I225V works with router Mi WiFi only when I forcing speed to 1Gb. Otherwise it shows "disconnected".

It seemed the system was confused by all these bootable EFI partitions. I had to remove them by rename all these EFI folders to something else (too lazy to unplug).
Good idea. I will try this instead of unplugging to protect my EFI folders when installing Windows on a separate volume.

Last edited:
Back