Contribute
Register

Z690 Chipset Motherboards and Alder Lake CPU

With Alder Lake being so new, I'm really glad there are those pushing the development of getting macOS running on the new platform. Personally, I'm pretty happy with my workflow and running with my almost 3 year old Z390 Designare with 9900K for music that has been flawless and still plenty of power even on heavy track/plugin count in Logic. Ill be following the progress in this thread though!

Let's update the table:
  • CPUFriend enabled
  • AppleXcpmForceBoost disabled
View attachment 534428

First test 8 P-Cores HT-ON

Screenshot 2021-11-09 at 18.52.21.png

Last test 8 P-Cores HT-ON + CPUFriendDataProvider.kext

Screenshot 2021-11-14 at 23.08.32.png

Nice! I am wondering what would be the case when adding a 128GB DDR4 since it is supported by the motherboard. Would we be able to see a significant difference?
I will check tomorrow because I do not have 128GB of RAM.

Wow 2000 single core scores compared to around ~1300 for i9-9900K at 5GHz. That's awesome. Do these systems feel noticeably faster. I can't imagine something more responsive than what I have now, but you know when you use it.

Will be interested to see benchmarks with DDR5 and eventually Raptor Lake.

First test 8 P-Cores HT-ON

View attachment 534433

Last test 8 P-Cores HT-ON + CPUFriendDataProvider.kext

View attachment 534432
Which SMBIOS are you using in the first test? "CPUFriendDataProvider.kext" i dropped here have injected frequency vectors from iMacPro1,1... so if you are using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 it should have the same Geekbench result with and without this kext.

Do you have enabled AVX512 in BIOS? If all E cores are disabled, AVX512 should be able to be turned on and you can take little bit more points in Geekbench 5 ;)

@CaseySJ what about AirPlay? It works?
Oh yes!

Here I'm playing Foundation on tv+ app on iPhone 13, but AirPlaying it to this Z690 Hackintosh (Monterey 12.0.1). Furthermore, the photo was AirDropped from the same iPhone 13 to this Hackintosh.

IMG_5191.PNG

Last edited:
Which SMBIOS are you using in the first test? "CPUFriendDataProvider.kext" i dropped here have injected frequency vectors from iMacPro1,1... so if you are using SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 it should have the same Geekbench result withand without this kext.

Do you have enabled AVX512 in BIOS? If all E cores are disabled, AVX512 should be able to be turned on and you can take little bit more points in Geekbench 5 ;)
From the beginning I use SMBIOS iMacPro1,1, because it achieves better results. Perhaps this increase occurred because I turned RAM up to 3400MHz.

BIOS Settings AVX:
211110005530.jpg
211110005519.jpg
211109234515.jpg

Last edited:
Back