Contribute
Register

Z490 & Z590 - Will Z590 ever have macOS Support ?

So BIOS F7 fixed hotplug in macOS…?

No I wouldn't say that. I think it was working earlier, but I hadn't had exactly this combination of settings. And because my main GPU is connected via Thunderbolt and my Display turns black when I have working hotplug, I just never knew that it was maybe working.

No I wouldn't say that. I think it was working earlier, but I hadn't had exactly this combination of settings. And because my main GPU is connected via Thunderbolt and my Display turns black when I have working hotplug, I just never knew that it was maybe working.
Cool beans.

Hotplug still not working for me on my older z590 Vision D T23 BIOS. Disabled TBT Security, Disabled VT-d. Used @SchmockLord19's TBT hotplug SSDT, injected Titan Ridge's device properties (class code, device-id, subsystem-id).

1641447628596.png

One of these days I will update to F7 to test, but as Gigabyte's website states that once we update to F7, we cannot download to older BIOSes, so I will hold off on updating for now.

My thunderbolt devices hotplug when I enter into and resume from S3 sleep. Weird. Quirky. But at least I don't have to restart.

Last edited:
@Elias64Fr @ori69 @CaseySJ Now I could use your help again.

Still Z590i Vision D, BIOS F7.

I've got Thunderbolt Bus working flashing this Firmware: #752

And I am still using the attached SSDT.

But now the Thunderbolt devices are not detected anymore, only the Bus works.

@ori69 Which BIOS where you using when you got it all working? And did you use anything else apart from these DeviceProperties ?

Zrzut ekranu 2021-10-15 o 12.24.19.png

I have tried OriginalFirmware-Z590iTH4-test01.bin and OriginalFirmware-Z590iTH4-test02.bin from here: Z490 & Z590

But ...test01.bin made my Thunderbolt not working at all. And ...test02.bin made it working but no hot-plug anymore. So actually worse than with the Stock Firmware (BIOS F7).

Best,
Chris

Attachments

• SSDT-TB3HP-JHL8540-Gigabyte-Z590i-VisionD.aml
    1.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 17.59.22.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 17.59.22.png
    74.1 KB · Views: 51
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 18.49.55.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 18.49.55.png
    393.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 18.50.13.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 18.50.13.png
    177.8 KB · Views: 50
  • Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 18.50.18.png
    Screen Shot 2022-01-06 at 18.50.18.png
    176.1 KB · Views: 49
Last edited:
Based on your boot log, this should be fixable with the GSWApp ACPI patch. Details here:

So I tried the GSWApp ACPI patch in that link ("Replace ADBG with XDBG") and unfortunately it made no difference. My Mac still hangs / panics just before entering S3 state on the second sleep. The power light stays on and pressing the power button/keyboard just restarts the PC.

I've tried various other things including:
- Disabling Thunderbolt (in UEFI)
- Adding SSDTs / Patches from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-gigabyte-z590-vision-d-11700k-rx580.316601
- Disabling Intel Bluetooth kexts

Nothing seems to work and I'm a little stuck. There are ACPI warnings in my boot log (attached), but I'm not sure if they are a problem or not.

Since the Mac works fine after the first sleep cycle, I guess something is not being initialised correctly when waking from that first sleep - which leads to the hang on the second sleep. But I'm not sure how to diagnose this further.

Attachments

• boot-2022-01-03.log.zip
    39.1 KB · Views: 31
@CaseySJ @nhojb ,
on my machine I'm currently have the following situation:
disabled VT-d, untouched DMAR, enabled Thunderbolt, no device ids specified for both Ethernet NICs -> KP on login
disabled VT-d, untouched DMAR, enabled Thunderbolt, disabled Ethernet NICs -> system boots normally with no KP
enabled VT-d, custom DMAR, enabled Thunderbolt, no device ids specified for both Ethernet NICs -> system boots normally with no KP

I'm start to thinking the KP after sleep is connected with the Ethernet :think:
@nhojb could you please try to disable the onboard NICs and try the sleep wake.

So I tried the GSWApp ACPI patch in that link ("Replace ADBG with XDBG") and unfortunately it made no difference. My Mac still hangs / panics just before entering S3 state on the second sleep. The power light stays on and pressing the power button/keyboard just restarts the PC.

I've tried various other things including:
- Disabling Thunderbolt (in UEFI)
- Adding SSDTs / Patches from https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/success-gigabyte-z590-vision-d-11700k-rx580.316601
- Disabling Intel Bluetooth kexts

Nothing seems to work and I'm a little stuck. There are ACPI warnings in my boot log (attached), but I'm not sure if they are a problem or not.

Since the Mac works fine after the first sleep cycle, I guess something is not being initialised correctly when waking from that first sleep - which leads to the hang on the second sleep. But I'm not sure how to diagnose this further.
This boot log shows that the ACPI patch to fix GSWApp did not take effect.

Code:
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) ACPI Exception: AE_ALREADY_EXISTS,
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) During name lookup/catalog
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) During name lookup/catalog
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform)  (20160930/psobject-310)
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform)  (20160930/psobject-310)
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) (SSDT:  GSWApp) while loading table
kernel: (AppleACPIPlatform) (SSDT:  GSWApp) while loading table

Please post screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI --> Patch.

@tsanko.dimitrov If you mean the Z590 Vision D. Yes, I am pretty sure the KP comes from the I225V port. I also have issues with them on my Z590i Vision D.

This boot log shows that the ACPI patch to fix GSWApp did not take effect.

Please post screenshot of OpenCore Configurator --> ACPI --> Patch.

@CaseySJ Apologies - I sent the wrong boot log. The correct one is attached.

The config.plist ACPI patch is as follows:

<key>Patch</key>
<array>
<dict>
<key>Base</key>
<string></string>
<key>BaseSkip</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>Change ADBG to XDBG</string>
<key>Count</key>
<integer>1</integer>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
QwMUGUFEQkc=
</data>
<key>Limit</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>Mask</key>
<data>
</data>
<key>OemTableId</key>
<data>
R1NXQXBw
</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
QwMUGVhEQkc=
</data>
<key>ReplaceMask</key>
<data>
</data>
<key>Skip</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>TableLength</key>
<integer>0</integer>
<key>TableSignature</key>
<data>
U1NEVA==
</data>
</dict>
</array>

@tsanko.dimitrov thanks for the tip. I will try disabling the I22V first thing tomorrow. I have not tried that before.

Attachments

• boot-2022-01-06.log.zip
    26 KB · Views: 35
@CaseySJ I must have applied the patch incorrectly the first time. Sleep just worked perfectly second time - for the first time ever!

And I went from 3 ACPI table load failures to just 1 failure. So the patch definitely worked. I can't thank you enough :clap::)

And the I225V is still enabled - so looks like this isn't the problem after all? Will confirm tomorrow after some sleep.

Back