Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare
CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
UHD 630
Hello there! Can someone please help me with the following problem. Universal Audio Apollo x6 (thunderbolt 3) is not saved as a primary sound input/output device, it always resets to integrated audio upon restart. In Audio MIDI app it is set as default input/device and in Audio Settings too. Otherwise it works stable, no issues experienced.

My OS is Mojave 10.14.6, motherboard is Gigabyte Z390 Designare. I closely followed CaseySJ's wonderful guide to install the OS.

Does anyone know how to fix that? Thank you.

Attachments

• Audio.png
    Audio.png
    30.1 KB · Views: 94
Strange, followed the same guide and didnt come across this problem with my Apollo.

I will say that the UAD driver didnt work properly until I flashed my on board TB controller.

If you have IORegistry, post some pics of your TB bus and find where the UAD audio driver is connected.

If you have IORegistry, post some pics of your TB bus and find where the UAD audio driver is connected.

Sorry for a delayed answer, is this the info you asked for? I'm not very proficient in ioreg tool :/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.57.47 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 8.57.47 pm.png
    163.2 KB · Views: 72
Sorry for a delayed answer, is this the info you asked for? I'm not very proficient in ioreg tool :/
That’s exactly how mine looked, but after i flashed the firmware on the TB controller the UAD drive nested under the last appleThunderbolt whatever in the tree.

Flashing in the manner described on Casey’s guide is somewhat complicated and can brick your device if done incorrectly. But the payoff, in terms ofUAD functionality is huge.

That’s exactly how mine looked, but after i flashed the firmware on the TB controller the UAD drive nested under the last appleThunderbolt whatever in the tree.

Oh, I've made a better screenshot, to include the Apollo itself, can you please see if your ioreg looks the same? Including that Apollo is listed as some PCI device. Thank you!

BTW, I didn't flash the controller, only installed some updates under Windows OS.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 9.09.04 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 9.09.04 pm.png
    351.3 KB · Views: 74
I think mine looks similar, actually, will check in a bit. What DSDT for thunderbolt are you using?

I think mine looks similar, actually, will check in a bit. What DSDT for thunderbolt are you using?
I guess it's SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml. These files reside in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, right?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 10.53.37 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-13 at 10.53.37 pm.png
    15.4 KB · Views: 58
I guess it's SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4.aml. These files reside in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched, right?
Right, ok. Move the one in there to ur desktop and try this one, I dont expect it to work, but maybe whatever you did in windows patched the firmware. If not, youll beed to flash the chip as per the guide on Casey’s thread.

Attachments

• DESIGNARE-Z390-NVM33-Elias64Fr.bin.zip
    268.6 KB · Views: 73
Right, ok. Move the one in there to ur desktop and try this one, I dont expect it to work, but maybe whatever you did in windows patched the firmware. If not, youll beed to flash the chip as per the guide on Casey’s thread.
The file you've attached is not an SSDT file, right? It seems to be a firmware image and I'm not really ready to flash the TB3 controller as my Apollo works super stable and the only minor issue is that it's not the default in/out device after reboot.

I guess I have to research some other stuff, like integrated audio SSDT and configs, because it's the first time I've ever made the integrated audio to work. In my previous built with Sierra I had an older interface (MOTU 828mk3) and no integrated audio at all.

Anyway, thank you for your insights! :)

Oh my bad, that is the firmware image :crazy:. The file you would need if you flashed is in the forum with the mini guide. It will work with a properly flashed thunderbolt controller. Integrated audio on the board has nothing to do with getting thunderbolt interfaces to work, AppleALC kext will get system audio working. Didn’t realize you actually had it working already in some usable capacity. Honestly, if it works except for remaining saved as the default interface i would count that as a win, and probably not worth the risk of flashing. Good Luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back