Contribute
Register

Z390/Mojave UAD Apollo x6 TB3 card not saved as default input/output

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strange, followed the same guide and didnt come across this problem with my Apollo.

I will say that the UAD driver didnt work properly until I flashed my on board TB controller.

If you have IORegistry, post some pics of your TB bus and find where the UAD audio driver is connected.
My UAD stuff works but not as well as it did with my older ASUS Z97 TB2 MOBO - I get issues with noise and glitching with my interfaces with the same Designare Z390 TB3 MOBO. Tried many things to fix it, been a UAD user since 2003 and ran TB devices on hacks for a while now, etc. ...

What issues were you having with yours before you flashed your TB?

I don’t mind flashing mine, but it looks like a huge pain to do if you don’t really need to....I don’t even care about hot plugging etc, I just want stability.

My UAD stuff works but not as well as it did with my older ASUS Z97 TB2 MOBO - I get issues with noise and glitching with my interfaces with the same Designare Z390 TB3 MOBO. Tried many things to fix it, been a UAD user since 2003 and ran TB devices on hacks for a while now, etc. ...

What issues were you having with yours before you flashed your TB?

I don’t mind flashing mine, but it looks like a huge pain to do if you don’t really need to....I don’t even care about hot plugging etc, I just want stability.

Heres how flashing helped my situation.

Also, it really wasn’t as big a pain as I thought it’d be, relatively simple process, and the guide for it is great. I have had no trouble with my 2x Apollo 16s since doing it, and if you’re UAD is just sort of “not acting right” I would recommend it. I think the difference between the older working controllers and the titan ridge is either a: the way the bus addresses are set in the windows firmware on the controller is different, or b: there some sort of authentication system on titan ridge that blocks communications with a device unless it send “authentic data”. Either way the firmware flash seemed to take care of it. Hope this helps.

Heres how flashing helped my situation.

Also, it really wasn’t as big a pain as I thought it’d be, relatively simple process, and the guide for it is great. I have had no trouble with my 2x Apollo 16s since doing it, and if you’re UAD is just sort of “not acting right” I would recommend it. I think the difference between the older working controllers and the titan ridge is either a: the way the bus addresses are set in the windows firmware on the controller is different, or b: there some sort of authentication system on titan ridge that blocks communications with a device unless it send “authentic data”. Either way the firmware flash seemed to take care of it. Hope this helps.
Hmmm. Seems like I’m getting the same issues. Maybe will give it a go! Cheers.

Hi smashdownbabylon

I'm configuring the same hardware, my friend has a two Apollo 8 but we haven't manage to get it working like the satellite quad that was recognized with hot plug.

Also for installing the UAD drivers we had to change the csr from 0x67 to 0x0 in 10.15.4, the installation of the driver went somehow better with this, we manage to get all the security verification for the kexts (i think).

Everything else is working, the USB, the audio, the network cards, WiFi Bluetooth, video acceleration/encoding, MSR 0x0, etc.

We used the efi file from the mini-guide of Catalina fresh install from casey, we put the DSDT for the thunderbolt (SSDT-Z390-DESIGNARE-TB3HP-V4). We have the Thunderbolt TB3 to TB2 USB-C from apple.
-
Flashing the thunderbolt controller its hard since we don't have the raspberry and with the lockdown is harder to get in my country (also a bit scary to do). And we don't know if we are in the firmware NVM 43 or earlier firmware versions such as NVM 23 and NVM 33 that are more compatible. The bios firmware version is 8.

Any ideas? we have to clue what to do, the UAD meter says 'Device not found' and is not shown under PCI like the other 5 devices (GC titan ridge,GC usb3, intel, etc).

Please can you give us a hint?

Now we got another hard drive and we are going to format and install mojave. Ill post the test.

Thanks for your time

Tried Mojave and didn't work just recognizes the satellite, Im wondering if with open core could improve? any suggestions?
Hey there, just got ur message. The only thing I can suggest is to flash. Nothing else worked for me, and I tried most of the things you mentioned, although I couldn’t understand opencore. The main issue seems to be some type of code signing that happens on code coming from the device being recognized and put through the TB controller properly. It is strange that you get “no devices” tho, my device was always recognized but there was no audio stream until i flashed. Hope this helps.

Hi all! Hi @smashdownbabylon! Ive read your success getting the UAD Apollo working nicely, congrats there! My situation is different cause Im trying to make it work on a laptop (Asus Rog Strix GL702VS), Im currently on OS Sierra 10.12.6. I have tried different things including running tb3-enabler on terminal and had no success. The audio interface its not being recogn at all. Ive booted on a Windows 10 partition and yes, everything works nicely.. I have never updated the BIOS firmware. Do you have any suggestions for me? Ive read you need to flash TB on the BIOS but Im far from that knowledge, I wouldnt know where to start with my setup. Any insight here would be VERY appreciated, thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back