Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello guys, i installed Lion successfully on my HP Probook 4530s, thanks to the wonderful guide we have on this forum. Unfortunately my laptop is getting the "you need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button." message when I boot up my laptop. I suspect this error message is occurring because I did not run HP Probook Installer after applying the Mac OSX update. I ran 10.7.1., rebooted the computer, than 10.7.2 and rebooted, and now I am stuck with this screen.

Please advise.

Thanks

Did you try booting to RBOOTLE (In the downloads section) and then applying the HP install package?

You need to run the HP Probook installer after the update. (and before reboot.)

Thanks guys,

running the Rboot disc and the HP installer pack works.

Hi, I have the same problem as the person above, but with hp probook 4330s ( core i3, hd3000) and with 10.6.8 Snow Leopard. I did everything from that great guide:
1) Installed Snow Leopard with iBoot.
2) UpdateHelper.
3) Reboot.
4) Combo upgrade to 10.6.8 WITHOUT reboot,
5) HP ProBook Installer ( 10.6.8, Chimera, DSDT for HD3000 and F20 BIOS version.
6) Reboot without iBoot.

And when I do that- I see the same screen as above...
So I tried to boot with DSDT=NO option in chimera and it Works but without wifi, sound etc.

Can You tell me what is the problem that it do not want to boot Snow Leopard without DSDT=NO and how to fix it? I did everything what I should. Thanks.

Thanks, I read it and I fixed that but it still doesn't want to boot. Still the same screen and with -v flag kernel panic. I have no idea what to do. I'm sure I did everything as it should be done. With DSDT=NO it just works. I tried to reinstall SL and I did it once again but it didn't help, I tried another options in HP Installer but still the same error. Can You tell me why does it work with no DSDT and why not without? Is there any other solution to fix that problem?
Maybe there is another kind of problem? Now I'm using windows so I'll install SL once again and I'll make a photo of the problem. Please wait for it.

P.S. I have already installed Lion 10.7 from pendrive with Unibeast and it booted without any problem. It works perfectly, there was no problem with boot0 error so previous time, when I installed Snow Leopard, there was probably a problem with somthing strictly associated with that distribution, not with HDD. Thanks ;].

Ok. Thanks for everyting. Also I have 2 another questions. Does it support usb 3.0 or not? And the next one: I guess I have a problem with sleep mode. When I turn it on, it takes about 5 seconds to turn off the system but when I want to awake it later, the laptop starts, it works so loudly but there is nothing on the screen (black, leds are turned off too) and it doesn't want to boot. What's the problem? Should I wait more time? Or something else?

Sorry, I read about this... I made a mistake. I turned on sleep mode by closing the lid. Now I know it doesn't work. And it's not so useful for me so I installed NoSleep. It won't go sleep when I'll close the lid. But In the evening I'll try to turn on sleep mode just by pressing the button/ menu option.

Ok. I did it. I turned on sleep mode in menu and I woke up it. I took about 2-4 seconds to show login screen. Everything is good.

badmadmatt said:
Ok. Thanks for everyting. Also I have 2 another questions. Does it support usb 3.0 or not?

Some models do and some don't. It really depends on what p/n or motherboard version you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back